• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
You haven't read Change yet? It's pretty top notch stuff.

For some reason I thought it was sold out, and was waiting on a reprint. I confused it with Wild Children.

Gonna get home and order it tonite because I need more Kot in my dome-piece.

So I got bored at work.. here is all the PSN names so far
(PSN to the right)
EDIT: (I will keep adding names as they come)

KoruptData = KoruptData
Messi = RemyWilde
Freezasaurus = Freezasaurus
Cheska = Cheska19
GrandHarrier = GrandHarrier
Tyrant Rave = PR1M3R1B
Bii = Socheata
Gketter = DarkKnight77
Slightconfuse = THESLIGHTCONFUSE
Espi = SirRobes
Sca2511 = sca2511
Gipsy Danger = fenix1989uk
Shin Johnpv = ShinJohnpv or Shin Johnpv
CorporateClown = CorporateClown
Supermanisdead = Supermanizdead
ThyMusicMan = TruKill420
Sillymonkey321 = Owzers
WadiumArcadium = WadiumArcadium
Tizoc = tizoc789
Jedeye Sniv = JedeyeSniv

You add me.. Just say you are from GAF.

PSN: Biggz124.

Messi

Oh, you paid in the only currency that matters. TIME.

giphy.gif

SERVED

Owzers

So I lurk here and there on these comic threads, but I don't think I've seen any impressions on Quantum and Woody. Is it worth picking up?

i've only read the first issue, but it was good. I'd choose the new archer and armstrong over it though for a fun book.

Zombine

Banned
7 day Preacher sale on comixology! Buy them all and you'll save about $30 by going digital. Don't hesitate because Preacher trades are all
Fucked up. Book can't even get a decent omnibus.

Also, Shutter is the free book of the day. Pick that up like right now.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
7 day Preacher sale on comixology! Buy them all and you'll save about $30 by going digital. Don't hesitate because Preacher trades are all
Fucked up. Book can't even get a decent omnibus.

Also, Shutter is the free book of the day. Pick that up like right now.

Don't worry, once the show comes out, they'll reprint them in 4000 different formats. So much ugly Steve Dillon art...YES

fauxtrot

Banned
PSN: vikvaughn (my name here w/o the "t")

I am interested in seeing how Powers turns out, but I have no idea how they figure they're going to make a financial return on the show. I doubt people outside of Plus users will watch it, especially if it's more than a few bucks per episode. Unfortunately, Bendis had basically nothing to show the crowd and the whole thing felt like a LA/Hollywood-style blow-smoke-up-your-ass pitch rather than something that should've started shooting already if they want a quality pilot to premiere in December...

In other semi-comicbook related news, when did Ant-Man finally get a new director? I guess they announced Peyton Reed as their replacement, and Adam McKay is involved in helping rewrite the script. Yay rewrites weeks before shooting! Damnit, Marvel... :(

Just saw it on Twitter/Facebook:

Nathan Edmondson will be writing the upcoming DEATHLOK series. This will be his third title along with Punisher and Black Widow.

m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/361903

I cant paste the article on my phone at moment, but it'll be be "Manchurian Candidate meets Robocop"

Vibranium

Banned
Just saw it on Twitter/Facebook:

Nathan Edmondson will be writing the upcoming DEATHLOK series. This will be his third title along with Punisher and Black Widow.

Eh, I don't have much hope, and I'm not a Deathlok fan.

I wanted Edmondson to write Winter Soldier, why the fuck have Marvel not made another Bucky solo happen yet? The character was more well received by the mainstream movie/tv audience than Deathlok...

That Gwen Stacy art is great.

Following the character’s television debut as part of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD on ABC, Deathlok has been in the spotlight in a way that he’s hasn’t really enjoyed since his creation forty years ago. Tomorrow sees the release of Original Sins No. 1, an anthology that sees the character return to comics in a story by Nathan Edmondson and Mike Perkins — a team that THR can exclusively reveal will be handling the character’s solo title when it debuts this fall, as well.

“Deathlok is an opportunity to turn the distinction between ally and foe within the Marvel universe right on its head,” Edmondson told THR via email. “Wrapped up in bleeding-edge tech, our Deathlok series will take what readers remember of the iconic anti-hero and what viewers love now of the character portrayed by J. August Richards in Agents of Shield and dive in with a twisting story of espionage and family.”

The Deathlok in the new comic book series won’t be exactly the Deathlok from the show — instead of Richards’ Mike Peterson character, the new comic book focuses on Henry Hayes, someone Edmondson described as “at war with the machine of war and the machine of global enterprise — and the machine inside him that makes him a lethal, unstoppable one man army.”

Edmondson is no stranger to comic book intrigue. In addition to his current, critically-acclaimed, Marvel series Black Widow and The Punisher, he’s also the co-creator of Who is Jake Ellis?, an Image Comics title about a CIA analyst on the run that is being developed as a movie by director David Yates and Fox.

The new Deathlok, the writer explained, “is a father and a medic who doesn’t know that he’s a machine, a killer behind some of the sweeping changes in geopolitics.” When asked to sum up the tone of the series, he suggested, “think Manchurian Candidate meets Robocop. With great friggin’ art.”

The art comes from Captain America and The Stand veteran Perkins, who said that Deathlok is “such a visually exciting character to tackle.” Calling the character “without a doubt, one of my favorite protagonists in the Marvel Universe,” he told THR that working on the series “is not just a long-held dream come true for me– although that plays a massive part in my excitement – it’s also a chance to introduce a new player into the Marvel Universe, albeit borrowing some existing tropes.”

The new series, he went on, will offer “excitement and thrills on a par with any James Bond opening or Jason Bourne set-piece nestling alongside some touching character interludes. After the 10 page introduction featuring in the first issue of Original Sins, we’re attempting to grab the reader by the lapels and thrust them into a world of espionage, secrets, betrayals and action. This is a persona with a clean slate…but accompanied by a history that is anything but spotless.”

Edmondson and Perkins get started in Original Sins No. 1, in comic stores and available digitally Wednesday, with the new Deathlok series launching in October.

deathlok_1_cover.jpg

So now Edmondson is doing Punisher, Black Widow, and Deathlok.

I like this.

fauxtrot

Banned
The full mask / breast window combo is straight up strange. She'd look so much better with the bottom half of her face exposed or just a domino mask. Or, y'know, no cleavage. But we can't have that, can we? Smh

My negativity isn't aimed towards you, GrandHarrier, just bad/juvenile costume design!

Well someone certainly moved on up in the world.

She had adorable robot arms though.

Is her super-[/img]power that she has an inhumanely long name? Please tell me you weren't able to type that out from memory.

Control over the senses and Illusions. I remembered most of it but I needed to double check the order. She's royalty so it's a play up on that.

The full mask / breast window combo is straight up strange. She'd look so much better with the bottom half of her face exposed or just a domino mask. Or, y'know, no cleavage. But we can't have that, can we? Smh

That's just one costume. She is actually one of the more conservative, in general, example:

Updated PSN names:

KoruptData = KoruptData
Messi = RemyWilde
Freezasaurus = Freezasaurus
Cheska = Cheska19
Tyrant Rave = PR1M3R1B
Bii = Socheata
Gketter = DarkKnight77
Slightconfuse = THESLIGHTCONFUSE
Espi = SirRobes
Sca2511 = sca2511
Gipsy Danger = fenix1989uk
Shin Johnpv = ShinJohnpv or Shin Johnpv
CorporateClown = CorporateClown
Supermanisdead = Supermanizdead
ThyMusicMan = TruKill420
Sillymonkey321 = Owzers
WadiumArcadium = WadiumArcadium
Tizoc = tizoc789
Jedeye Sniv = JedeyeSniv
MG310 = MG310
Voror = MrDresden
Face It Tiger.. = Biggz124
ViktVaughn = VikVaughn
Tim1138 = tim1138

Just finished reading Revelations #5 & #6 (of 6). It was decent. A pretty good detective story, and I liked the art style a lot,, a pencil/sketchy look to it. Ending could have been a little better imo. But I enjoyed it.
Written by Paul Jenkins, Illustrated by Humberto Ramos.
Edit: I guess Boom! re-printed this from 2005 (Dark Horse).

"When the Cardinal next in line to succeed the ailing Pope turns up dead, Scotland Yard’s finest detective, Charlie Northern, finds himself on a plane to Rome with little more than a full pack of cigarettes. With the help of a priest, a coroner and one beautiful lawyer, Northern must uncover the facts in a place legendary for keeping its secrets. There are forces at work in The Holy See that would see the truth remain hidden — forces ancient and dark, with a power not seen in this world for millennia, and an agenda that will leave Northern's world more shattered than he could have ever foreseen."

I've got to get to adding people on PSN. Last few days have just been too damn busy when I got home from work. I did get a chance to see GrandHarrier added me.

I've got to get to adding people on PSN. Last few days have just been too damn busy when I got home from work. I did get a chance to see GrandHarrier added me.

You're now part of an exclusive club. I've been recommended by ThyMusicMan himself so you know it's legit. In between training to wreck KoruptData at Injustice I'll likely be farming party skill points in Star Ocean 4, Cheska's favorite RPG of last generation.

tim1138

I don't think my name was put on the list and I rarely play my PS3 online, but if anyone wants to add me, I'm tim1138 there as well.

Does anyone know when the Viz stuff is supposed to be added? I assumed it was with the new releases but they're up now and nothing. I assume it's just a case of being patient but thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom