• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Eh, I have no problem with Midtown though I only deal with them online/
at conventions. My books show up on time and packed well. Only thing that matters to me.

I went into the store once though, didn't really care for it.

Isak_Borg

I'm a radio DJ so I could probably be of assistance on that front. It's something I've wanted to do for a while.

Edit: first ever digital pull week. It's like being born all over again.

Edit 2: Midtown may be the Gamestop of comic book stores but I feel horrible if I don't stop in there while I'm in Manhattan.

thanks for the offer PM me and we will talk.

Bee & PuppyCat Issue 2 drops today!!

Make sure you have a QR Code scanner on hand before you start reading so you can listen along with Bee to the songs we wrote for this issue!

:D

Haven't gotten a chance a chance to read it yet, but this is for you:
FWgXu9Kl.jpg

:)

Zombine

Banned
One of the biggest pros of digital books is the ease of being able to swap favorite panels with people and make an unlimited amount of ipad wallpapers. I really do love this way more than I thought I would. Digital is more "social."

Vyer

One of the biggest pros of digital books is the ease of being able to swap favorite panels with people and make an unlimited amount of ipad wallpapers. I really do love this way more than I thought I would. Digital is more "social."

Digital is great.

Used to be even better, though. :(

The best part of digital is actually owning what you buy!

Oh.

Wait.

Read Infinity Guy and His Posse. It was interesting. Felt rushed in a good way? We'll see!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Is it weird that I am having a hard time reading physical books now that I've been reading 99% digital for the last 6 months? The glossy sheen on each page reflects light and "whites out" parts of the page (for lack of a better term) no matter what I do to my indoor lighting. I never noticed it before, but now I can't stop trying to find a way to get rid of it and it's keeping me from reading my latest IST order!

I also can't stand that. I read comics almost exclusively with a giant window behind me that lets indirect light in to avoid this.
Unfortunately, I can't do digital though. Haha

I work retail and if I was caught doing it I'd get my ass kicked.

Woooo. High five to a fellow retail worker.
I'm trying so hard to find another job.

Kind of confused... Do you not own what you buy with digital ?

Typically you only own a license to them. It's why you can't resell them and why if the company ever went under you'd lose your library. It's one of those areas of law and ownership that need updating.

I'm on medical leave and got diagnosed with bipolar disorder today and don't think I'll be back there. No hard feelings, CMX does amazing work and has an amazing amount of talent. Viz was just the beginning of what is coming and I really wish everyone here realized how much that team fucking loves comics. All of us tried to provide the best experience ever and you would be amazed at how many employees actually do work for the comic industry.

I think it's also time for me to move on and I've made a decent amount of contacts in the industry and want to move in a different direction.

Edit: I'm also sure someone here went to midtown comics and told them about my post which is kind of funny.

BEGINNING???

YOU MEAN DARK HORSE????

Bii

Haven't gotten a chance a chance to read it yet, but this is for you:
http://i.imgur.com/FWgXu9Kl.jpg
:)

Huh, I got the other Bee and Puppycat #2 cover. The one with Puppycat chilling on the bed. My LCS only had one left so I grabbed it.

-

Iron Patriot #2

14422769093_1019b9ea64_o.jpg

The first issue was very promising and was entertaining throughout. This second issue felt like a quick read and left me bored when it ended. I don't recognize who that was in the last page so the reveal was lost on me. Iron Patriot is not for me but hopefully someone else enjoys it more than I do.

But damn, that cover art and two-page spread pictured below is fantastic. Marvel really needs to have some of their covers available as a silkscreen print, heck, I'd even settle for a giclee.

14401495854_a3e5f47fd9_o.jpg
14401495784_b4216409cb_o.jpg

Anyone interested in reading Iron Patriot #1 and #2? If so, first person to quote/reply in this thread saying so gets the Marvel digital codes.

Owzers

I'd like the digital codes to Iron Patriot Bii, was curious about the book but wasn't sure if i'd like it enough to pre-order.

Isak_Borg

I know, I know. It's just been one hell of a day. :/
I'll go and read it, since it was the only thing I actually wanted to read.

You have to remember outside of the whole marvel/DC BS this shit is a hobby and we should be enjoying it. Kind of like video games... If you're not having a good time you should stop.

SRG01

Ooooh Bee and Puppycat. I hope my local comic shop has some copies left by this weekend! That's one book I want in physical format.

Quick question: I just started Annihilation: Conquest. Is the Phalanx the same as the one from 90's X-Men? It seems like it, since I see something about the "transmode virus", but it's kind of weird that the outer space threat in the sequel to Annihilation would be an X-Men villain from Earth. Maybe there's a good explanation later?

Bee and Puppycat #2:
My comic of the month.
What a neat issue that was. Implementing that surprise into the story was a creative twist that just worked. The art was magnificent like usual, and the story was cute and seems to bring more to the table for future issues. Also chocolate~

After reading that, I feel way better.
Great stuff, and I recommend this issue for anyone interested in a cute and innovative comic.

ElNarez

Banned
The main feature of Bee & Puppycat #2 was ace, but man, just, expand the backup into its own comic. I'd pay GOOD MONEY for a book about lady wrestlers who never take shit from anyone. The best money, even. Boom, get my fucking money and make a book about cool lady wrestlers.

The main feature of Bee & Puppycat #2 was ace, but man, just, expand the backup into its own comic. I'd pay GOOD MONEY for a book about lady wrestlers who never take shit from anyone. The best money, even. Boom, get my fucking money and make a book about cool lady wrestlers.
SHIT I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT UGH I SUCK
ALSO YES
That was a freaking fantastic concept. Gawd dang, I want more of it. The art on the backup was 10/10, too.

Come on, Boom! You just added Teen Dog! Add even more neat stuff!

Bii

I would like to take it^^

Sorry GAMEPROFF, sillymonkey321 got to it first.
I just read Bee and Puppycat #2 and that was such a brilliant idea on how to incorporate the interactive elements in the book. I'll take proper pics and whatnot either tomorrow or the following day.

-

Original Sin #3

14400109541_bb779b54a2_o.jpg

Okay, I'm caught up with Original Sin and WOWOWOWOWOWOW! Without spoiling anything, and to those who haven't read it yet, it's worth reading. I'm not sure what to say but I definitely did not see that coming. I had to reread just to confirm what was happening. Now I know what all these guys were saying when they read it:

"Original Sin...wat" - Storm Chamber
"Wow. What? Wow." - PaulExcellent
"original sin 3 wow" - Zeus Molecules
"Original Sin 3 was like omgwut?" - Freezasaurus
"HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" - slightconfuse
"WHHHHAAAAAAAT" - Sadist
"THAT. JUST. HAPPENED." - TetraxShards
"amazingabsolute shit" - SoilBreak
"Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa................." - Deadly
"And. Um. Whoa. " - BenjaminBirdie
"Shit got real" - Messi
"Oh my." - Spike Spiegel
"Dayyyuummmm!" - TheMusicMan
"Holy shit, Original Sin." - Nudull

14402127722_073b0f7c56_o.jpg
14216869470_2faa852f0d_o.jpg

I have Marvel digital codes for Original Sin #0, 1, 2 and 3. First to quote/reply asking for them gets it.

Im starting to get into comics and this would be really cool!
Well that's all well and good but is beginning with an event comic really a good idea considering you might not know atleast 80% of the characters featured? Why not start with single character comics first like Batman, Spiderman etc.

Sorry GAMEPROFF, sillymonkey321 got to it first.
I just read Bee and Puppycat #2 and that was such a brilliant idea on how to incorporate the interactive elements in the book. I'll take proper pics and whatnot either tomorrow or the following day.

-

Original Sin #3

14400109541_bb779b54a2_o.jpg

Okay, I'm caught up with Original Sin and WOWOWOWOWOWOW! Without spoiling anything, and to those who haven't read it yet, it's worth reading. I'm not sure what to say but I definitely did not see that coming. I had to reread just to confirm what was happening. Now I know what all these guys were saying when they read it:

"Original Sin...wat" - Storm Chamber
"Wow. What? Wow." - PaulExcellent
"original sin 3 wow" - Zeus Molecules
"Original Sin 3 was like omgwut?" - Freezasaurus
"HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" - slightconfuse
"WHHHHAAAAAAAT" - Sadist
"THAT. JUST. HAPPENED." - TetraxShards
"amazingabsolute shit" - SoilBreak
"Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa................." - Deadly
"And. Um. Whoa. " - BenjaminBirdie
"Shit got real" - Messi
"Oh my." - Spike Spiegel
"Dayyyuummmm!" - TheMusicMan
"Holy shit, Original Sin." - Nudull

14402127722_073b0f7c56_o.jpg
14216869470_2faa852f0d_o.jpg

I have Marvel digital codes for Original Sin #0, 1, 2 and 3. First to quote/reply asking for them gets it.

Was it #2 or #3 where everyone got spoiled with secrets?

Bii

May I have them?

Im starting to get into comics and this would be really cool!

PM'd.

Well that's all well and good but is beginning with an event comic really a good idea considering you might not know atleast 80% of the characters featured? Why not start with single character comics first like Batman, Spiderman etc.

Eh, I'm sure he/she would still enjoy it. When I read my first comic trade (Identity Crisis), I didn't know the majority of the characters that were shown. It actually made me more interested in those characters (Deathstroke, Zatanna, Atom, just to name a few) and seek out more stories that involved them.

Was it #2 or #3 where everyone got spoiled with secrets?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Quick question: I just started Annihilation: Conquest. Is the Phalanx the same as the one from 90's X-Men? It seems like it, since I see something about the "transmode virus", but it's kind of weird that the outer space threat in the sequel to Annihilation would be an X-Men villain from Earth. Maybe there's a good explanation later?

Yep its the same phalanx,

poop

Neo Member
Thanks Bii!
Must wait until finals are over first to read =(

I know a lot of characters' backgrounds as I grew up watching the animated movies and tv shows, just never got into the comic books. I might not know many of the obscure characters though, but I can wiki them.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Oh man, when someone mentioned Viz coming to Comixology and it not being available in the UK, I thought they were talking about the British comic Viz of Roger Mellie, Fat Slags, Sid the Sexist and generally rude nonsense. I had no idea there was a manga company called Viz. Thought it was strange that it wouldn't be available over here. That was confusing, ha.

I picked it up today, too. Saw that it was part one of a new story, and the preview looked interesting.

Same here^,, haven't read and BatGirl yet. I'll read it today at work.

Batman Eternal #10 was decent,, I wasn't crazy about the art. Bruce Wayne looked like a fool lol. Idk kinda bla art. How many issues is Riccardo Burchielli doing?

Detective Comics #32,,, fuggin lovin this book!

F.B.P. #11 Was good. Not so confusing this time,, but still felt like I should reread the beginning of this arc. Good issue tho for sure.

Superman / Wonder Woman #9,, Such great art. Doomed story is awesome.

Still have United States of Murder Inc., Batgirl and Big Trouble in Little China to read.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Batman Eternal 10 was a fun read. Things progressed well and to me has maintained it's quality every issue. The weird thing with this issue is I loved and hated the art at the same time. Riccardo Burchielli drew some awesome scenes with the characters. What I hated is the characters did not match the style that has been drawn so far. Bruce did not look like Bruce and so on. The artist need to stick to a template for character design.

That one face shot of Bruce where just has NO EYES made me lol. Just draw some eyes motherfucker, nobody is that squinty. Same for Supes, so many artists draw him with a mega squint.

Zombine

Banned
I just wanted to make it known how on point I am about my Walking Dead prediction for what will happen this arc. Either I'm awesome or the writing is that predictable at this point.

In other news, Justice League United is still awesome and Martian Manhunter is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom