• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of blowing up buses, did Speedball appear in any comics between Avengers Academy and current New Warriors? Because Speedball in new New Warriors may as well be Speedball from the old New Warriors. It doesn't seem to take into account the development from AA, where he was getting over Penance and still used the Penance powers. He lightened up in AA and stopped using the Penance stuff, but here it may as well never happened. I'm only two issues in though so maybe it gets brought up later

speaking of blowing up buses, did Speedball appear in any comics between Avengers Academy and current New Warriors? Because Speedball in new New Warriors may as well be Speedball from the old New Warriors. It doesn't seem to take into account the development from AA, where he was getting over Penance and still used the Penance powers. He lightened up in AA and stopped using the Penance stuff, but here it may as well never happened. I'm only two issues in though so maybe it gets brought up later

He appeared in the current Nova series where his and Justice's appearance prelude the new New Warriors book. But Speedball acts the same way as in NW there. I don't remember the Penance stuff being brought up there.

He appeared in the current Nova series where his and Justice's appearance prelude the new New Warriors book. But Speedball acts the same way as in NW there. I don't remember the Penance stuff being brought up there.
Hm. I just think it's... sudden.

New Warriors is kinda moving slow but i'm enjoying it ok. Needs a new colorist though

It's brought up in the most recent issue.

If I recall correctly; Top picture is Legion Secret Origins mini series and the bottom one is Legion of Three Worlds.

Legion of Three Worlds as in the Final Crisis tie-in?

Yeah, it seems like they just completely forgot about it. Pity, because I liked Penance better. :p

Read issue 5. Yost brings it up there and it's done very well.

kswiston

Wait until he gets to the one who ran around in a Superman poncho and nothing else.

2006-06-13_170510_laurel.jpg

???

Sorry for the future post spoiler GrandHarrier

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Just read this right. Haha. So random. Also, Detective Comics continues to be sogood.gif looking.

Yes.
That one page with Bats on the pier made my brain feel good. This Tec run is going well, but Boochbag needs to work on his thug-speak.

It's brought up in the most recent issue.

Read issue 5. Yost brings it up there and it's done very well.
oh, tight. I was enjoying his arc in AA so glad to see it's not all forgotten
Yeah but that's hot.
Harley x Deadshot is one of the most un-hot things ever
That one page with Bats on the pier made my brain feel good. This Tec run is going well, but Boochbag needs to work on his thug-speak.
cool kid-speak, too. There was a line from the motorbike daughter in #30 that was just so bad. I'm used to comics writers writing what they think young people sound like though

Messi

And we've got at least 30 more to go.

Like fuck she will get another 30. With the changes coming to Catwomans character in eternal there is no way they can keep letting her write it. The eternal writers have ignored everything she is doing in the solo book. On the other hand Eternal mentioned what Batgirl is up to and Batgirl tied in this week to Eternal.

--

Yeah Harley x Deadshot is nasty but by the end of that arc you find out Harley has been seeing him as joker the entire time and she is trying to substitute him in for the missing joker, right down to sticking jokers face on him and making out with him. Nasty. That whole Death of the family arc in Suicide Squad is regrettable and somewhat insulting.

Zombine

Banned
cool kid-speak, too. There was a line from the motorbike daughter in #30 that was just so bad. I'm used to comics writers writing what they think young people sound like though

We've gone over this at least 3 times in the past, but current Ghost Rider is the most insulting thing in the world.

Like fuck she will get another 30. With the changes coming to Catwomans character in eternal there is no way they can keep letting her write it. The eternal writers have ignored everything she is doing in the solo book. On the other hand Eternal mentioned what Batgirl is up to and Batgirl tied in this week to Eternal.

Oh she needs that solid 50 for her two volume omnibus collection. It's great though because we'll have you write the forward.

kswiston

Catwoman is also not even a top 100 seller these days. They have lost half their audience since Winick's run. The only people left are diehards like you who would buy the book even if it was written by a bonobo and drawn by a bear.

Messi

But Catwoman and Batman shagging is my jam. Sexy.

It's crazy that a Catwoman book is outside the top 100 and they still haven't cancelled it or changed the creative team. I'm actually hoping the do something, even cancel it to save me from myself.

Zombine

Banned
Catwoman is also not even a top 100 seller these days. They have lost half their audience since Winick's run. The only people left are diehards like you who would buy the book even if it was written by a bonobo and drawn by a bear.

I almost got excited for Catwoman written by Bono. Why would you do that to me? We need Edge on art duty.

I just realised its 20 issues ago. 20 long months. It's like being in a slow motion car crash.

Haha, a two-year car crash. XD

Not only are they keeping Nocenti on the book, they're going to give her even more books to write. Look out Millarworld, here comes the Nocentiverse.

I'm kidding. I hope.

Messi

Haha, a two-year car crash. XD

Not only are they keeping Nocenti on the book, they're going to give her even more books to write. Look out Millarworld, here comes the Nocentiverse.

I'm kidding. I hope.

Even I have my breaking point.

Let Gail Simone save Selina.

Messi

Comic life is pretty boring right now with the best book on the shelves being done for a few months. That's why I'm catching up on the batshit insanity that is DC comics.

What are you even talking about, Saga is on right now. Zero, FBP, Chew, American Vampire, Batman, Thor and so on.

:p

She may be the only one who can.

I'd also be willing to vouch that Jimmy Palmiotti x Amanda Conner could also save her. But it would be a much lighter fun book. It would likely be much more focused on her thieving and cats. I'd read that book.

Zombine

Banned
What are you even talking about, Saga is on right now. Zero, FBP, Chew, American Vampire, Batman, Thor and so on.

That is a killer list right there. I'm so excited for the next issue of Saga. I hope the cliffhanger for the next issue is that we find out they didn't have a pre-nup.

:eek:

Wait, Cyclops is ending!?

The other Brubaker book. This medium's King James Bible. It's going to be in every hotel drawer if I have my way.

I'd also be willing to vouch that Jimmy Palmiotti x Amanda Conner could also save her. But it would be a much lighter fun book. It would likely be much more focused on her thieving and cats. I'd read that book.

Is the plan to make Catwoman's solo book run parallel to Batman Eternal? Because the preview that comprised Batman #28 was supposed to be what the Eternal landscape is going to look like around issue #40 or some such. So there's still some time even if that is the case. But they're either going to have to get Nocenti to fall in line by then, or get another writer on the book. No way are they going to let her step on Snyder's toes. He's DC's golden boy right now.

Messi

Is the plan to make Catwoman's solo book run parallel to Batman Eternal? Because the preview that comprised Batman #28 was supposed to be what the Eternal landscape is going to look like around issue #40 or some such. So there's still some time even if that is the case. But they're either going to have to get Nocenti to fall in line by then, or get another writer on the book. No way are they going to let her step on Snyder's toes. He's DC's golden boy right now.

I'd assume the idea is to pull the solo book alongside Eternal. Every other book is taking its ques from it. Catwoman won't fall in line until around 40 as you say. It's crazy if they make her
kingpin of Gotham
In Eternal and
keep her broke and scrounging
in the solo.

Picked up a couple of these bad boys recently; More Sentinels for the Sentinel Army!!!

Sorry for the future post spoiler GrandHarrier

It was gonna be a real long time before I got to Laurel Kent.

Grandharrier is a SMUT PEDDLER

You should have seen some of the fan art choices I could have gone with for Triplicate Girl. Brings the concept of loving thyself to a whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom