• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy I talked to on Free Comic Book day who worked at the shop that talked to Brian Azzerelo said his pitch to DC for Catwoman was to bring her off the top of the fence and really explore the villain side of her.

Happy Fathers Day list!

BATMAN AND RAS AL GHUL #32 $2.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #11 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #7 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #7 (WEEKLY) $2.99
WONDER WOMAN #32 $2.99
ALEX + ADA #7 $2.99
FATALE #23 (MR) $3.50
SEX CRIMINALS #6 (MR) $3.50
WICKED & DIVINE #1 CVR A MCKELVIE & WILSON (MR) $3.50
DAREDEVIL #4 $3.99

List

Batman Eternal #11
Batwoman #32
Harley Quinn #7
Wonder Woman #32
TMNT #35
Alex + Ada #7
Fatale #23
Sex Criminals #6
Wicked & Divine #1
Elektra #3
Original Sin #4
Uncanny X-Men #22
Red Sonja #10

MG310

Had a good, exhausting time at Special Edition NYC today. Ended up not sleeping last night and then getting on the train at 5:30 so I could get there in time to use my 1/2 hour extra floor time with the VIP pass.

Went to both the DC Art Masters and Marvel's New Young Guns panels. Both were a lot of fun and ended up with Tony Daniel, Francis Manapul, and Joe Prado giving out some pretty detailed sketches for free when people answered questions about things said earlier in the panel.

Definitely a much less crowded, more relaxed show than NYCC. Everyone was super friendly even with the long lines for Allred,Simone,Manapul, and Daniel. Really hoping ticket sales were good enough to make this an annual thing. They also sold a ton of NYCC tickets to badge holders today so if you want a 4 day pass this year I'd go for it on Wednesday when they go on sale to the public.

Had a shot at a Francavilla commission but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on spending 300. Picked up my Gabriel Hardman commission (ended up having a choice between two Caps but chose the one he posted earlier in the week.) and got a Psylocke sketch from Kristafer Anka and a quick & dirty one from Manapul...surprised he was doing them with how much traffic he had going through plus his full commissions.

Got a bunch of prints from David Mack, Simone Bianchi,Clay Mann, and Francis Manapul (Seemed like a solid 90 percent bought that same combination of prints).A sketchbook from Emmanuella Lupacchino, a Sufficiently Remarkable book from Maki Naro and Captain America: The Winter Soldier Collection.

Also got signatures from Allred on Silver Surfer, Gail Simone on Bombshells variant Batgirl and Red Sonja, and Tony Daniel and Lupacchino on the Bombshells variant Superman/Wonder Woman.

Lost track of time and didn't get to go over to Marcio Takara, Mike Del Mundo, or Ryan Stegman, hopefully they'll be back for NYCC.

DSCN3611.jpg

DSCN3612.jpg

DSCN3614.jpg

DSCN3615.jpg

DSCN3611.jpg

DSCN3620.jpg

DSCN3621.jpg

DSCN3627.jpg

DSCN3628.jpg

DSCN3629.jpg

DSCN3630.jpg

DSCN3631.jpg

DSCN3632.jpg

DSCN3634.jpg

Cheska

^^^what absolutely fantastic pick ups!! I always love living vicariously through you hahaha!

Aaaand this totally reminds me that I still need to send over your Black Cat!

Looks like you had a good time. Sweet pickups!

I think she's drawing Supergirl now...maybe just the covers? She also did the Starfire Bombshells cover.
yeah she's on Supergirl. she's pretty good! She also did some Archer & Armstrong. I read the first book of that the other day, fun stuff.

list

THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #1
Auteur #4

small but great as hell week for me

Continuing my fine tradition of peddling smut, here is today's reason for Messi to read the Legion: Tasmia Malloy of Talon VIII, aka Shadow Lass whose powers include Darkness Manipulation and ridiculous outfits, as well as knowing what's up with Mon-El, except when she doesn't.

tim1138

Happy Fathers Day list!

BATMAN AND RAS AL GHUL #32 $2.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #11 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #7 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #7 (WEEKLY) $2.99
WONDER WOMAN #32 $2.99
ALEX + ADA #7 $2.99
FATALE #23 (MR) $3.50
SEX CRIMINALS #6 (MR) $3.50
WICKED & DIVINE #1 CVR A MCKELVIE & WILSON (MR) $3.50
DAREDEVIL #4 $3.99

Can you shoot me a tweet or PM if C2G has any of the sweet Bryan Lee O'Malley variant covers for Wicked + Divine?

Zombine

Banned
Continuing my fine tradition of peddling smut, here is today's reason for Messi to read the Legion: Tasmia Malloy of Talon VIII, aka Shadow Lass whose powers include Darkness Manipulation and ridiculous outfits, as well as knowing what's up with Mon-El, except when she doesn't.

For some reason I love perms in comics. When they're drawn well they look so organic.

Messi I can't wait to share some of the Legion of Substitute Heroes and Legion Rejects with you. I can do this for a very long time. You will submit.

For some reason I love perms in comics. When they're drawn well they look so organic.

Yeah? You like to imagine the character, in their down time, taking the opportunity to style their hair just right? I will agree that I have a soft spot for curly haired Wonder Woman, as an example.

Read Infinity Bruh and the Forever Dudes. I...think I liked it.

Infinity Bruh and the Forever Holmes, plz. And yeah I found myself in the same boat as you. Expected to be "meh" and kinda dug it.

Messi

Messi I can't wait to share some of the Legion of Substitute Heroes and Legion Rejects with you. I can do this for a very long time. You will submit.

Yeah? You like to imagine the character, in their down time, taking the opportunity to style their hair just right? I will agree that I have a soft spot for curly haired Wonder Woman, as an example.

Infinity Bruh and the Forever Holmes, plz. And yeah I found myself in the same boat as you. Expected to be "meh" and kinda dug it.

You have still failed to tell me what book to read any of this stuff.

Zombine

Banned
Yeah? You like to imagine the character, in their down time, taking the opportunity to style their hair just right?

Yes! I wonder who styles her hair? Her loose curls looks nice but she's got a whole lot of fried hair at the end. She must not be using heat protector.

Join the club, Messi. I spent the past 20 minutes on Amazon trying to find out what the name of the book is.

I'd recommend Legion of Superheroes: Teenage Revolution by Mark Waid. Or Legion Secret Origin. Or Legion Lost (not the New 52 version although I like that). Or Elseworlds: Superboys Legion. That's going to be the most accessible to get a taste.

If you go the Mark Waid route, the trades are:

Teenage Revolution
Death of a Dream
Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes: Strange Visitor From Another Century
Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes: Adult Education
Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes: Dominator War
Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes: The Quest For Cosmic Boy

Messi

I'd recommend Legion of Superheroes: Teenage Revolution by Mark Waid. Or Legion Secret Origin. Or Legion Lost (not the New 52 version although I like that). That's going to be the most accessible to get a taste.

You get one shot at this man. ONE SHOT. Make it count.

I have just been poking around the Facebook of the comic store I go to while in the USA (Im going in 3 weeks, yippee :p) and I see that they have the sideshow premium format Harley. Shit. if it is there when I arrive im not sure I would be able to resist. :\

Korupt, you have seen it in person is it fairly big?

Tizoc

Yo Messi give Transformers Windblade a read, the art's good (reminds me of the Prime cartoon at least) and it has some decent characterization
TF_WINDBLADE_01_pg02_1394821318.jpg

Messi

Emanuela Lupacchino <3

What is this ultimatum shit?! D:

Legion of Superheroes: Teenage Revolution by Waid then.

Because there are like 50 Legion books and no standouts. I ain't got time for that.

--

I am in love with Wonder Woman's bombshell costume. I wish they would use it a bit in the regular books.

Zombine

Banned
I'm thinking about picking up that Poison Ivy Cover Girl statue but I dunno. I'm not talking about the bombshell statue, I'm getting that print. I'm talking about this:

Poison-Ivy-Joins-the-DC-Comics-Cover-Girl-Collection.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
On a vaguely related note, really thinking of buying that giant Bruce Wayne Murderer collection. Anyone ever read it?

I was thinking about this series recently while sorting out my boxes and tbh it really wasn't very good. It was a whodunit without any decent clues, and there are a lot of terrible tangents and sidesteps. It's notable for being one of the first places Rucka's checkmate shows up in, but I don't think I would read it again.

Justice League United was a delight! Lovely art. Although, I have to say, the Supergirl stuff was a little lolarious. I mean, really... ?
She heard them from across the Galaxy? In space? Mmm. That's some golden age bullshit right there. ;)

you guys are too much sometimes lol

Messi is my Brother from another Mother.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Justice League United was a delight! Lovely art. Although, I have to say, the Supergirl stuff was a little lolarious. I mean, really... ?
She heard them from across the Galaxy? In space? Mmm. That's some golden age bullshit right there. ;)

Messi is my Brother from another Mother.

Justice League United # 2 decided to play the exposition game, and it lost. I don't give a shit about Rann and Thanagar's decades old wars and the dna-baby they made and blahblahblah. Get back to Animal Man punching people in the face using gorilla powers and Adam Strange jetpacking himself into trees because he's a dope.

Justice League United # 2 decided to play the exposition game, and it lost. I don't give a shit about Rann and Thanagar's decades old wars and the dna-baby they made and blahblahblah. Get back to Animal Man punching people in the face using gorilla powers and Adam Strange jetpacking himself into trees because he's a dope.

I can see that. I can totally see that. But I still enjoyed it.

Zombine

Banned

I still loved it! Needed way more Martian Manhunter x Stargirl though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom