• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Justice League Beyond Universe was great this week. I continue to absolutely adore this series. This was an all action issue with a side of Barda/Mr. Miracle teamwork fun.

Is there some specific Irish/Spanish beef you'd like to share with us?

My beef is with Ireland not Spain. Spain just seems tactically important.

Messi

Are you guys playing a game or starting World War III? I'm not sure yet.

tumblr_mja1ehNZpW1r9q0q2o1_400.gif

I'm a little surprised by the Rat Queen news. I mean, even in the indie space it doesn't sell well, not even the trades. I suppose that's not really an indication of exploitability, of course just seems like other Image properties would be more readily adapted/mined.

Are you guys playing a game or starting World War III? I'm not sure yet.

Haha. Crusader Kings 2. I only brought it up here because I was playing as Ireland and wanted to share my exploits with Messi.

Messi

I'm a little surprised by the Rat Queen news. I mean, even in the indie space it doesn't sell well, not even the trades. I suppose that's not really an indication of exploitability, of course just seems like other Image properties would be more readily adapted/mined.

Haha. Crusader Kings 2. I only brought it up here because I was playing as Ireland and wanted to share my exploits with Messi.

Yeah the Rat Queens news is odd to me. It's not been around all that long and to me it seems to be jumping the gun a bit to announce at cartoon. Plus I feel that the 6 week gap in shipping is hurting the books chances of becoming something bigger.

Zombine

Banned

The next image book to get the star treatment is either going to be Outcast or Manifest Destiny. They mentioned the merchandise campaign for Manifest in the letters section a few issues back. I'm loving that book and all of it's unsavory characters. It's like Attack On Titan only you want everyone to die.

I'm hoping to see some tangible products by NYCC.

Yeah the Rat Queens news is odd to me. It's not been around all that long and to me it seems to be jumping the gun a bit to announce at cartoon. Plus I feel that the 6 week gap in shipping is hurting the books chances of becoming something bigger.

With how long deals like these take to work out you know they had to start negotiations at launch or even before the book came out. I'm not trying to disparage the series, I enjoy it, but it's still a little forced for a book that's so relatively new; some of their humor feels like content creators creating memes for their work instead of letting the fan base do it organically.

It's like Attack On Titan only you want everyone to die.

Oh so it's the same?

GO ON.

Zombine

Banned
With how long deals like these take to work out you know they had to start negotiations at launch or even before the book came out. I'm not trying to disparage the series, I enjoy it, but it's still a little forced for a book that's so relatively new; some of their humor feels like content creators creating memes for their work instead of letting the fan base do it organically.

I was going to make a comment on forcing Rat Queens into a viable franchise but my attention was brought to the secret message in your post. Where is the treasure?

Edit: Lol ok that was in response to me. I went to go quote you and your post didn't update. I was like "what the hell is this?"

But yeah you should be reading Manifest if only just to watch Image try to make it Walking Dead 2.0. The only difference so far is that things happen.

Messi

Oh so it's the same?

GO ON.

Absolutely feel the same way and I love Rat Queens. But some of it feels calculated.

I see people on Twitter with Rat Queens logo tattoos so maybe it's working.

Absolutely feel the same way and I love Rat Queens. But some of it feels calculated.

I see people on Twitter with Rat Queens logo tattoos so maybe it's working.

You can't trust people with unhealthy obsessive fixations on one or more characters.

Also, today's reason Messi should read Legion, Luornu Durgo of Cargg, aka Triplicate Girl aka the best Girlfriend ever.

Just read Batgirl #32,, first that I've read of Batgirl. I liked it and the art was pretty good too. Story was kinda all over the place.. but i'll probably check out #33.

She Hulk #5 was good, I love that first page.

Picked up Justice League United #1 & #2. Batman & Robin #30 & #31.

Question on Batman & Robin,, I've read Vol. 1, 2 & 3. When does Robin
. die .
?? (spoiler worthy?)

Just read Batgirl #32,, first that I've read of Batgirl. I liked it and the art was pretty good too. Story was kinda all over the place.. but i'll probably check out #33.

She Hulk #5 was good, I love that first page.

Picked up Justice League United #1 & #2. Batman & Robin #30 & #31.

Question on Batman & Robin,, I've read Vol. 1, 2 & 3. When does Robin
die
?? (spoiler?)
Not really a spoiler, but it happens in Batman Incorporated #8, not in the B&R series.

Cheska

Wolverine and the Xmen omnibus arrived, hurray!! Wish they had chosen a different cover to be honest, but it looks so good next to Uncanny X-Force :D

Gail Simone is working with a lot of stuff she built up in the earlier arcs in this current. One, specifically Knightfall and her Posse, plus the stuff with her Dad from earlier and Eternal. So this wasn't the greatest jumping on point but you should be able to catch up on the story soon enough.

Bii

I'm enjoying the 20 days of free comics at Comixology. Shutter and Hinterkind are ace.

The first few issues of Hinterkind held my attention but dropped off around the fourth issue or so. I wonder if it has picked up since then.

Korupt! SDCC Unmasked Deathstroke. Limited to 1500.

DC148307lg.jpg

Speaking of which, anyone going to SDCC? It'll be my fourth consecutive year attending but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to enjoy it. I have my 1 1/2 year old son with me and our hotel's not adjacent to the con like we had it last year (which was super convenient!).

Zombine

Banned
Speaking of which, anyone going to SDCC? It'll be my fourth consecutive year attending but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to enjoy it. I have my 1 1/2 year old son with me and our hotel's not adjacent to the con like we had it last year (which was super convenient!).

Does media get first dibs on passes? If we do I'll go next year. NYCC is a go for me this year though. So hyped.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Things Batman has fought recently:

• lions
  • a giant fucking squid

Owzers

i blame you guys for my comics not being worth that much. Nation Comics Eternity #1 by superstar Jeff Lemire? Bart Simpson's Pal Millhouse #1 by Gail Simone? Son of M 1-6? Come on people these are comics we are talking about. Thinking about getting rid of even more of my meager collection to make space.

Also, today's reason Messi should read Legion, Luornu Durgo of Cargg, aka Triplicate Girl aka the best Girlfriend ever.

Which Legion series is this? You've piqued my interest, good sir!

Wolverine and the Xmen omnibus arrived, hurray!! Wish they had chosen a different cover to be honest, but it looks so good next to Uncanny X-Force :D

I thought about grabbing it. Not sure, though. There were a few meh story arcs in there. How is the paper? Is it the same cheaper stuff Marvel used for the Infinity and X-Force omnibuses?

Tizoc

Surprised Instocktrades doesn't have Nextwave...

How long do they take to ship your order? I made it on Friday and need it shipped to my brother in the US by or before Thursday.

Cheska

I thought about grabbing it. Not sure, though. There were a few meh story arcs in there. How is the paper? Is it the same cheaper stuff Marvel used for the Infinity and X-Force omnibuses?

Currently at work but I'll take some shots later.

Surprised Instocktrades doesn't have Nextwave...

How long do they take to ship your order? I made it on Friday and need it shipped to my brother in the US by or before Thursday.

It depends on if they have the item in stock or not. It's taken up to a full week just to ship something out before. But 80% of the time, it ships out with 1-2 days.

It depends on if they have the item in stock or not. It's taken up to a full week just to ship something out before. But 80% of the time, it ships out with 1-2 days.

It depends entirely on whether they have everything in your order on hand. Sometimes an item in your order is also on order with IST, so they won't ship your stuff until it comes in. Otherwise, they usually ship within a day or two. If your order consists entirely of things they just put up on the site that day, you should be fine.

Marvel's NYCC SE "Next Big Thing" Panel Discussion (Newsrama)

When is Hawkeye coming back? Brevoort said, "As soon as we're able to get the last few issues completely together. There have been some circumstances that it's not proper for me to talk about here, as far as things going on in the people's lives who work on that book. We're making our way there, we haven't forgotten about it, so have patience with us as much as you can!"

The panel, already lively, started with some All-New Marvel Now! talk and slides. The next wave is coming in July, with Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon. Asking the crowd if anyone has a favorite in All-New Marvel Now, Marts was hit with a chorus of "Ms. Marvel!" from the fans.

The same fan asked for more Hercules and Squirrel Girl. Pak joked, "That's the 2015 Marvel event, Hercules vs. Squirrel Girl" and David said, "I would totally write that," with Kubert joking, "That's why I was brought to Marvel."

He [David] answered a joke question with a joke answer, saying that "Squirrel Girl, Hercules, Creep and Ghost Rider are the new Fantastic Four!"

After multiple jokes, David continued saying, "Now I really want to do Hercules and Squirrel Girl!"

"All this talk about "Time Runs Out," you're not rebooting the Marvel Universe are you?" A fan asked. "If I was rebooting the Marvel Universe would I answer that question here? In 8 months time, Time Runs Out and anything can happen," Brevoort replied.

Tizoc

It depends entirely on whether they have everything in your order on hand. Sometimes an item in your order is also on order with IST, so they won't ship your stuff until it comes in. Otherwise, they usually ship within a day or two. If your order consists entirely of things they just put up on the site that day, you should be fine.

I'll e-mail them on Monday to check then, if they can't get it by Wednesday, I'll have shipped to my country instead.

Bii

i blame you guys for my comics not being worth that much. Nation Comics Eternity #1 by superstar Jeff Lemire? Bart Simpson's Pal Millhouse #1 by Gail Simone? Son of M 1-6? Come on people these are comics we are talking about. Thinking about getting rid of even more of my meager collection to make space.

I'm not quite there yet but if I ever do downsize my collection, it'd be a pain to get ride of the ones that aren't worth much.

-

Bee And Puppycat #2

14422037085_0b959eab63_o.jpg

I wasn't quite sold on this with the first issue but #2, wow! The music box/QR code idea is genius. I even downloaded a QR scanner app on my phone just to see the interactive elements of the book and it was totally worth it. Now, I still don't like all the black/white space but the humor was spot on and was entertaining overall. The last panel put a huge smile on my face. :D

14235583337_ce13b45cc9_o.jpg

14420901844_7a702295b3_o.jpg

Oh, and the backup story was great. Like someone else said earlier in this thread, it could spin-off into a standalone comic and I'd buy it. Luchadoras? Sign me up! Here's a bonus pic of the backup story:

14418682371_3bb1055a6a_o.jpg

-

Punisher #6

14418682241_3c9a12d161_o.jpg

SO MUCH BLUE! Anyway, my question regarding the appearance of
Domino jumping out of a helicopter
was finally explained/shown. One of the few things I adore in this series is Mitchell Gerads' action scenes. It carries your eyes from panel to panel (see random guy shooting at Frank Castle below) and I picture it with actual animations/sounds from my head.

14235441210_01f7f22d39_o.jpg
14235582457_03628faa99_o.jpg

If anyone wants the Marvel digital code to Punisher #6, first person to post in this thread requesting it gets my PM.

Zombine

Banned
I'm not quite there yet but if I ever do downsize my collection, it'd be a pain to get ride of the ones that aren't worth much.

-

Bee And Puppycat #2

14422037085_0b959eab63_o.jpg

I wasn't quite sold on this with the first issue but #2, wow! The music box/QR code idea is genius. I even downloaded a QR scanner app on my phone just to see the interactive elements of the book and it was totally worth it. Now, I still don't like all the black/white space but the humor was spot on and was entertaining overall. The last panel put a huge smile on my face. :D

14235583337_ce13b45cc9_o.jpg

14420901844_7a702295b3_o.jpg

Oh, and the backup story was great. Like someone else said earlier in this thread, it could spin-off into a standalone comic and I'd buy it. Luchadoras? Sign me up! Here's a bonus pic of the backup story:

14418682371_3bb1055a6a_o.jpg

-

Punisher #6

14418682241_3c9a12d161_o.jpg

SO MUCH BLUE! Anyway, my question regarding the appearance of
Domino jumping out of a helicopter
was finally explained/shown. One of the few things I adore in this series is Mitchell Gerads' action scenes. It carries your eyes from panel to panel (see random guy shooting at Frank Castle below) and I picture it with actual animations/sounds from my head.

14235441210_01f7f22d39_o.jpg
14235582457_03628faa99_o.jpg

If anyone wants the Marvel digital code to Punisher #6, first person to post in this thread requesting it gets my PM.

Can I have punisher Bii?

Rat Queens is probably getting the push because it's more franchisable than other recent Image books. most of them are very tied to their creators, but I don't think Wiebe is a dude who has a specific story to tell with stuff like Rat Queens and Peter Panzerfaust.
comics are pretty worthless but I did just manage to sell some Adam Glass New 52 Suicide Squad for 40 bucks. On the other hand, I have the full run of James Robinson's The Shade series from a few years back and I just can't get rid of it

Owzers

Rat Queens is probably getting the push because it's more franchisable than other recent Image books. most of them are very tied to their creators, but I don't think Wiebe is a dude who has a specific story to tell with stuff like Rat Queens and Peter Panzerfaust.

comics are pretty worthless but I did just manage to sell some Adam Glass New 52 Suicide Squad for 40 bucks. On the other hand, I have the full run of James Robinson's The Shade series from a few years back and I just can't get rid of it

It's ridiculous. Most of the time i sell comics as soon as i finish an arc and i don't have that much trouble selling them. Sometimes i wait too long and their value plummets like Waid's Daredevil run. Sometimes i sell too early and their value increases...Batman New 52 run :(

I'm keeping stuff I like a lot, like Hawkeye, Daredevil and Young Avengers. It's mostly just for me to get some extra SDCC funds because con sketchbook commissions ain't cheap.

I think ima load out some New 52 Batmans next, actually. I doubt/hope the value will get any higher

you want to know what is MORE fuckt up than harley queen? the current X-woman named FRENZY once killed a bus load of special needs children because they were fucking up evolution or some shit. she snapped the teachers neck.

now shes an xman and has fans.

Messi

I finished Gotham Central vol 1 today. Wow. I need vol 2 ASAP. This is what greatness feels like. The Cyclops of its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom