• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

Justice League United # 2 decided to play the exposition game, and it lost. I don't give a shit about Rann and Thanagar's decades old wars and the dna-baby they made and blahblahblah. Get back to Animal Man punching people in the face using gorilla powers and Adam Strange jetpacking himself into trees because he's a dope.

Much like the rest of the N52, this book would greatly benefit from B'Wana Beast.
That being said, I am enjoying it. I like the team Lemire put together and am intrigued to see how the new girl will fit in.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I can see that. I can totally see that. But I still enjoyed it.

I still loved it! Needed way more Martian Manhunter x Stargirl though.

I think the actual interplay between the team is the best part, and I'm hoping we just get more of that rather than some weird headed asses talking about some demon baby.

Also, since when does Hawkman have a healing factor?

Much like the rest of the N52, this book would greatly benefit from B'Wana Beast.
That being said, I am enjoying it. I like the team Lemire put together and am intrigued to see how the new girl will fit in.

Why haven't you been sending him twitter messages asking him when B'Wana Beast is going to show up then? Not if, of course, but when. Gotta be confident.

I think it's a quality of the Nth Metal.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Holy shit. Animal Man and B'Wana Beast reunion! Somebody has to speak to Lemire and convince him that this is the time to reintroduce the greatest superhero to not wear pants.

Zombine

Banned
I think the actual interplay between the team is the best part, and I'm hoping we just get more of that rather than some weird headed asses talking about some demon baby.

I felt like an idiot getting so excited over that last issue. Felt like a total noob because I wasn't aware he could regenerate.

Filthy Slug

Makes sense--if you cut the dude's arm off, you're pretty much killing the character. All Hawkman does is swing maces into things faces.

I felt like an idiot getting so excited over that last issue. Felt like a total noob because I wasn't aware he could regenerate.

Same--I actually thought that was a ballsy move to pull in the first issue, especially since Hawkman hasn't been seen in a while in the new52 (I think).

tim1138

GrandHarrier said:
Why haven't you been sending him twitter messages asking him when B'Wana Beast is going to show up then? Not if, of course, but when. Gotta be confident.

Holy shit. Animal Man and B'Wana Beast reunion! Somebody has to speak to Lemire and convince him that this is the time to reintroduce the greatest superhero to not wear pants.

Sadly I've never been able to engage Lemire on twitter or I'd be all about it. If he's going to be at any cons this summer, someone here needs to take one for the team and ask about B'Wana.

Bii

Makes sense--if you cut the dude's arm off, you're pretty much killing the character. All Hawkman does is swing maces into things faces.

Same--I actually thought that was a ballsy move to pull in the first issue, especially since Hawkman hasn't been seen in a while in the new52 (I think).

Oh man, I thought you guys were talking about Hawkeye and thought I missed something because, y'know, that one issue with Clint before all of the delays and Kate Bishop stories...

I miss Hawkeye, the delays are really disappointing.

I love the series and I'm super excited for the new trades so I can reread it but man... It sucks.

phoenixyz

High-quality-and-quantity-List:

Batman and Robin #32
Batman Eternal #11
Harley Quinn #7

The Punisher #7

Alex + Ada #7
The Manhattan Projects #21
Sex Criminals #6 (finally)
Wicked & Divine #1

Messi

List I've been hyped to write for months:

HARLEY QUINN #7 WEEK

HARLEY_Cv7_531fac120cd394.87165275.jpg

Harley Quinn #7 (Buy it please)
Batman and Ras #32
Batman Eternal #11
Wonder Woman #32
Sex Criminals #6
Wicked and the Devine #1
Elektra #3
Original Sin #4
Punisher #7
Thor God of Thunder #23

HYPE HYPE HYPE

bfa836c2ac3126e6ae8d9dbdd259d06f.jpg

not if you give him a robot arm. or a gun arm. Or a MACE ARM

Zombine

Banned
Also, to amend my post from earlier, if Wicked + Divine makes me get involved in another fandom I will be posting Quitely art, too. It's basically lose lose. Either way I'm going to post potato faces or Darkside showing off his goods.

I'm more interested by the premise of the book, but I don't get how the fucking fuck people can call that art bad, yet still get hyped up about 80's artwork.

For me, my expectations of then and now are different. I know what a good art team is capable of these days. Mind you, these are all from the previews, but the panel layouts are boring and they feel lifeless. Image books have tended to have a certain life to them, in some fashion, this feels more generic and forgettable.

For me, my expectations of then and now are different. I know what a good art team is capable of these days. Mind you, these are all from the previews, but the panel layouts are boring and they feel lifeless. Image books have tended to have a certain life to them, in some fashion, this feels more generic and forgettable.

I think the Batwoman panel layouts are the only ones I've ever found truly memorable.

Wicked + Divine is going to make Cyclops humble
hyped yet?
uFLtYTM.png

Indeed. XD

samueeL

Banned
Finally got my hands on N52 Green Arrow Vol. 4 trade and holy shit, it's probably one of the best new 52 trades I've read so far and it seems like Outsider storyline seems to be even better or at least people hype it a lot online. Wonder how many issues this creative team is gonna do, was it couple of years of work as in 4 volumes or something like that? Everyone should check out that volume, just amazing.

Also comic book reading is expensive even though I have a very cheap store, have bought 15 volumes in a month, haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom