• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Check your PMs.

And, I did warn you in advance. Awful.

I'm really curious now...

Can I have a PM too?

Probably Conan. I think Kipp talked about Colossal Conan a few times

Oh hey! Someone remembered me!
I still haven't finished Colossal Conan. Got about 500 pages in and decided to take a break for a little bit. It was still some fantastic comics, but I just couldn't handle 1200 pages of Conan in a row. Haha
I still highly recommend grabbing at least just the first paperback trade. If I'm honest, that was probably the best arc, though the following arcs were veeery close to being equally excellent.

Kipp

In case any of you were wondering, Spike just admitted to me in a private message that he thinks Frank Quitely is a wonderful artist, and that he too loves Velvet and thinks it's the best book ever.

My PM said that he thinks Life and Times of Martha Washington in the Twenty-First Century is literally the greatest book of all time and nothing else comes close. NOT EVEN CYCLOPS.

Edit: Speaking of Quitely, I'm personally on team Quitely, but I came across this panel and I think it's pretty hilarious. Damian sure can grow a nice beard for being so young:

Batman+%26+Robin+004.jpg

Kipp

It's time for an intervention.

Yeah, clearly the Cyclops-bashing means he's got some mental issues he needs to get checked out, but the sentiment towards Martha Washington is still spot on. Martha Washington is still just second to Cyclops.

Random questions. Are there any key issues or issues worth anything in these:
Detective comics #537 - #760.
Batman #442 - #593

Bought a couple short boxes from a buddy. Got all his Detective Comics/ Batman books and some other randoms.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It's hot outside and I worked in the yard all morning, so I spent the afternoon inside writing something awful, awful, awful.

So who wants to read it?
I'm down to read something awful. Is it a digital code for Ghost Writer?

Bee And Puppycat #2

I wasn't quite sold on this with the first issue but #2, wow! The music box/QR code idea is genius. I even downloaded a QR scanner app on my phone just to see the interactive elements of the book and it was totally worth it. Now, I still don't like all the black/white space but the humor was spot on and was entertaining overall. The last panel put a huge smile on my face. :D

Hey cool, she kept my ending after all!!

Really glad you liked it! I almost killed myself writing Crystal Beach and arranging Broken Castle but the over-all reaction to the book seems to be that people love the idea so all the hard work paid off!

Kipp

Oh, totally forgot to be expecting a PM. Just noticed I got the PM from Spike but I'm going to bed now so I can't read it tonight. I did read the first few lines, and it seems very promising indeed. Haha. Looking forward to finishing it tomorrow.

Batman #442 - #593

Bought a couple short boxes from a buddy. Got all his Detective Comics/ Batman books and some other randoms.
that's a lotta frickin Batman comics, so surely there's gotta be something good in there. I know Dark Knight, Dark City (452-454) was something people liked. I think you have some Rucka Detective Comics in there towards the end as well. That stuff is probably good.
More importantly, that girl in the middle is wearing jeans that are like, eight sizes too big for her.
i just assume that's what fashion was like in the 90s. dark times.

work was sloooooow today so I read a bunch of comics in my backlog, including those $1 Image Firsts Spawn and Youngblood. They were very 90s, to say the least. Split on Youngblood. On one hand, it probably reads better with the Joe Casey dialogue over the original Liefeld dialogue, but on the other hand, Liefeld's art works better with the old-school coloring. It's not horrible (!) but I can see why they were popular

Messi

Spent the evening vomiting and feeling generally really shitty. Got a bad piece of food. Destroyed my evening and my chance to catch up on books.

I also was bedridden to the point that I missed Spurs spanking the Heat again :(

Messi

Clearly watching Argentina play today didn't make you feel better then :(

It got real bad coming up to half time in that game so I tried going to bed. Missed Messi's stunner :/. He was just like Naaaah fuck yo defense.

kxbhfj.gif

Can't complain it's been years since I was sick in any way bar a cold.

I did enjoy Italy the night before though. It seems Catwoman is an Italy fan!

Yeah, I could feel pressure on my stomach every way I turned on my bed. It was horrible. Thankfully it seems to have passed quickly.

In honor of Messi' condition, today's reason Messi should read the Legion is Drura Sehpt of Somahtur aka Infectious Lass, with the power to spontaneously generate diseases. Sadly, she was rejected by the Legion and instead found a home with the Legion of Substitute Heroes.

Messi

In honor of Messi' condition, today's reason Messi should read the Legion is Drura Sehpt of Somahtur aka Infectious Lass, with the power to spontaneously generate diseases. Sadly, she was rejected by the Legion and instead found a home with the Legion of Substitute Heroes.

I dont even know anymore. But this cheered me up immensely.

Also she is cute.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Batman #442 - #593

Actually is a fairly decent era there. Seems like pre-Knightfall right the way through to just before Bruce Wayne Murderer. Classic Bat-era. Some crossovers and stuff (like the Knight-saga and Contagion-No Man's Land) will be missing a lot of issues. Wouldn't know anything about monetary value though. Comics are worth money??

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Looking forward to Wicked & Divine this week, hope it's a good one. Rest of the week looks good too, always a good week when Daredevil, Punisher or Wonder Woman are out, and I get all three this week. Can't believe I didn't read ongoing comics before Marvel Now. Only tended to read stuff like Fables, Y: The Last Man or Ex Machina, non-superhero stuff. Now I'm deep into a bunch of different books. Digital makes it so easy to keep adding titles. Need to trim some down.

Books of the week:
Daredevil #4
The Punisher #7
Wicked & Divine #1
Wonder Woman #32

Also picking up
Batwoman #32
Elektra #3
Fables #141
Iron Patriot #4
Silver Surfer #3
Supergirl #32
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #35
Uncanny X-Men #22
The Unwritten: Apocalypse #6
X-Men #15

Tizoc

Raise your hand if you've read Hickman's Fantastic Four run but haven't read Waid's run? Because all of you need to fix that asap and discover the magnificent art of Mike Wieringo
img_0391.jpg

02-16-2012-041826PM-620x966.jpg

Woah... Easy now. Let's not say things we will regret.

I regret nothing:
Is that a dude with make up and a cross-dress fetish in your avatar?

Da List:
BOOM!:
TRANSLUCID #3

DC COMICS:
BATMAN AND RA'S AL GHUL #32
BATMAN ETERNAL #11

MARVEL:
DAREDEVIL #4
ELEKTRA #3
ORIGINAL SIN #4
PUNISHER #7
SILVER SURFER #3

You's guys gotta check out Velvet Volume 1 Before The Living End TP .

Happy Fathers Day list!

BATMAN AND RAS AL GHUL #32 $2.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #11 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #7 $2.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #7 (WEEKLY) $2.99
WONDER WOMAN #32 $2.99
ALEX + ADA #7 $2.99
FATALE #23 (MR) $3.50
SEX CRIMINALS #6 (MR) $3.50
WICKED & DIVINE #1 CVR A MCKELVIE & WILSON (MR) $3.50
DAREDEVIL #4 $3.99
I see you're dropping a lot of Marvel books, have you checked out Elektra ? Give your eyes the pleasure.

And so what if it is...

Ironically, the character in my current Avatar, the Legion Science Police Liason, Shvaughn Erin, was transgendered in one incarnation of the Legion. Used a pill that turned her female. She was dating Element Lad at the time, if I recall, and lost access to it during an invasion of Earth and started to revert.

Story hasn't grabbed my interest sadly, so I haven't read #2.

Yeah I agree,, I was thinking the same thing,, giving it a few more issues to see what its got. That art tho,,,, and that Soul eating/lion guy (Cape Crow), lol,, he's pretty badass and creepy.
Elektra_2_Preview_1.jpg

Tizoc

Yeah I agree,, I was thinking the same thing,, giving it a few more issues to see what its got. That art tho,,,, and that Soul eating/lion guy (Cape Crow), lol,, he's pretty badass and creepy.
Elektra_2_Preview_1.jpg
True dat, the art is amazing, but sadly I focus more on story and characterization, if they grab me I'll stick with a book, otherwise...I skip it.

Elektra is worth it for the art alone.

If I wanted an artbook I'll wait for a collected edition :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom