• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Don't you get paid for each hit you get on that site?

Anybody who spends any amount of time here would get a great idea of what we read. We all post out lists on Sunday and we discuss a massive range of books and storylines all week. I like to think we are a really welcoming community. We have helped many people who have come here looking to start reading books, only a few hours ago someone was given a list of big titles. There was also the surge of requests during Captain America and X-Men's movie releases.

Hell, a little over a year ago you folks helped me pick out new books to get back into comics and now I'm here all the time.

Well I just finished my order form for August, and Amazing X-Men, Wolverine and the X-Men, and The Avengers fell under the axe. JL3000 just squeaked by for another month thanks to last issue's shockers, and She-Hulk has until the end of this arc to stay my hand.

On the other hand, Cyclops, Elektra, Hulk, and Sensation Comics (first issue, anyway) made it aboard.

If it weren't for Cyclops and Uncanny Avengers I'd be completely Marvel mutant-free for the first time since the Whedon era.

Does this PM spoil some details about the event? If so, pls gief.
There are no spoilers in my fanfic, no.

Owzers

Anybody who spends any amount of time here would get a great idea of what we read. We all post out lists on Sunday and we discuss a massive range of books and storylines all week. I like to think we are a really welcoming community. We have helped many people who have come here looking to start reading books, only a few hours ago someone was given a list of big titles. There was also the surge of requests during Captain America and X-Men's movie releases.

Hell, a little over a year ago you folks helped me pick out new books to get back into comics and now I'm here all the time.

We failed you.

phoenixyz

So, I am still reading Morrison's Batman and I need advice on how to proceed after vol. 3 of Batman&Robin. Just read the Return of Bruce Wayne and then straight into Batman Inc.? What about the remaining issues of Batman&Robin and Flashpoint?

tim1138

So, I am still reading Morrison's Batman and I need advice on how to proceed after vol. 3 of Batman&Robin. Just read the Return of Bruce Wayne and then straight into Batman Inc.? What about the remaining issues of Batman&Robin and Flashpoint?

Return of Bruce Wayne and then onto Inc. No need for anything else.

Zombine

Banned
If Marvel thinks I'm gonna pay $4.99 for their books they are dreaming. The only way they could get me to pay that if the writing was some next level shit and they got Joe Mad on a book for more than two issues.

Vibranium

Banned
Only a matter of time. Especially with the reboot DIsney ordered.....l

Look at little bright side there is brah. If you promise to be a corporate go-to guy and hand in your resume right before a reboot, you could be the next Charles Soule. It's time for you to be an All-New-New Young Gun.

If Marvel thinks I'm gonna pay $4.99 for their books they are dreaming. The only way they could get me to pay that if the writing was some next level shit and they got Joe Mad on a book for more than two issues.

Yep. The only way they can get away with it long-term is to up the page count by a good number.

Come on bro. You know you're going to bite on some of their books. They've got too many claws in you at this point!!!

Somebody here recommended Catwoman. Let that sink in.

A year ago was 12 issues ago. Queen Nocenti was already on the book. WHO THE FUCK DID THAT? STEP FORWARD.

Hermione-Raising-Hand.gif

I'll do it on one-offs if there's 40-50 pages or something. But if they're doing this so they can finally get to that $4.99 regular price they've had their eyes on, that's the day I drop all corporate books in favor of trade-waiting, and go indy-only with my monthlies...

Spike, is your fanfic open source? Can I write fanfiction as part of your shared universe?

I say this without having read it or knowing what it is yet. But I'll beat Rafa to superstardom at this rate.

Zombine

Banned
I'm curious to see what a ComicGAF group effort story would look like. It could be the stuff that legends are made of. There needs to be at least 1 waifu per page.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm curious to see what a ComicGAF group effort story would look like. It could be the stuff that legends are made of. There needs to be at least 1 waifu per page.

I'm always down to write, yo.

Zombine

Banned
Truthfully what I need is a damn artist. I've said this a while back but someone here HAS to know how to draw. I mean, cool, I can keep notes and make a storyboard and have a general idea where a book is going, but I need a dedicated artist so bad.

Truthfully what I need is a damn artist. I've said this a while back but someone here HAS to know how to draw. I mean, cool, I can keep notes and make a storyboard and have a general idea where a book is going, but I need a dedicated artist so bad.

Learn to draw son.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

If Khoi Pham can draw, so can you.

Zombine

Banned
Call Pulido. I can't imagine he is all that expensive. He'll probably cost more once he finishes his face drawing class.

He is just the bro I'm looking for. Someone get me Laura Allred on colors.

I'm not joking, I have a legitimate comic pitch that could be huge. Or at the very least canceled after the first arc is done.

It's multiple artists and I am really enjoying it. Love any time Guillem March gets to draw Catwoman.

Ah I didn't realize that it was a changing artist thing but that makes sense.

I've been digging it. And I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes. If the Batman #28 preview was anything to go by.

Interesting. Doesn't look like it's collected in a trade yet so I'll have to wait it out a bit but oh well. Thanks for the impressions though.

How about Detective Comics? I see Fabok had a 14 issue stint from 13-25 & 27 that could be attainable if people recommend it.

Unai

I've just started reading "Green Lantern / Green Arrow" and it's actually quite good. Some time ago I decided that I wanted to read all the major pre Geoff Johns runs on the Green Lantern, and I already read the first Chronicles trade, Zero Hour, Emerald Twilight/Dawn and Final Night. I still want to read The Death and Return of Superman (because of the Coast City thing) and the Grant Morrison's run on JLA since some people said was one of the best places to read about Kyle Rayner as a Green Lantern.

Am I missing something good or impotant that I didn't mentioned?

2014-06-1720.32.21lds24.jpg

tim1138

I've just started reading "Green Lantern / Green Arrow" and it's actually quite good. Some time ago I decided that I wanted to read all the major pre Geoff Johns runs on the Green Lantern, and I already read the first Chronicles trade, Zero Hour, Emerald Twilight/Dawn and Final Night. I still want to read The Death and Return of Superman (because of the Coast City thing) and the Grant Morrison's run on JLA since some people said was one of the best places to read about Kyle Rayner as a Green Lantern.

Am I missing something good or impotant that I didn't mentioned?

2014-06-1720.32.21lds24.jpg

Let's talk about this when you're done, it's one of my favorite comics ever.

Speaking of Khoi Pham he did the poster for one of the cons in Cincy this year:

eh, not bad. I was digging through my longbox and found his Daredevil #10.1 that he drew, because i remember not hating it. Nope, it's still Khoi goddamn Pham. The colorist is trying to carry him so hard though, but... it can't hide what it truly is

You don't knowingly spoil, you mean, right?
If only my psychic premonitions would show me winning lottery numbers. >:|

Spike, there is not enough sex in your story for my liking.
Oh great, now nobody'll want to read it.

Spike, is your fanfic open source? Can I write fanfiction as part of your shared universe?

I say this without having read it or knowing what it is yet. But I'll beat Rafa to superstardom at this rate.
Why not, people do all the time. Some of them even get paid to do it!

Interested, PM pls
Pls PM anyway. I must read this.
Ok. I'm tempted to check this out too.
I regret nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom