• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG310

Hey, Marcio Takara's on Captain Marvel for issues 7 and 8.

I was thinking about dropping it since I haven't been into the new volume too much but I'll stick around through his issues at least.

The artists they've grabbed for the current Captain Marvel run are a big improvement over the artists in the last run (barring those two Emma Rios issues)

Messi

Messi is a silly people.

I'm still thinking about dropping it. I like the character, and the series isn't bad, but fuck $3.99 for this book.

If I am really excited for a trade and I'm. In the store on release date I will usually pay cover price.

My store changes 9.99$ to €9.99 on new Image books. Makes me laugh every time.

Zombine

Banned
My store changes 9.99$ to €9.99 on new Image books. Makes me laugh every time.

carl-winslow.gif

Cheska

It's interesting to see so many people hate on Captain Marvel's art from last year. I actually really loved it, even Felipe Andrade!

ALSO Art of Frank Quietely HC and Glory HC released this week!!! :D

Zombine

Banned
It's interesting to see so many people hate on Captain Marvel's art from last year. I actually really loved it, even Felipe Andrade!

I was the only person who bought and loved every issue of Captain Marvel at my store. It was a fun story with interesting art throughout.

And oh my god I'll put that book right on my coffee table. Need to have best Supes present at all times.

MG310

I got used to Andrade but still a bit hard to take with those Quinones and McKelvie covers and then that on the inside.

Did some more framing...happy to liberate some of this stuff from tubes and portfolios.

DSCN3640.jpg

Also they changed the cover for the Quitely book

9780881929997f.jpg

Just for you weird Quitely hating monsters. I'll have to pick it up with my next IST order.

Fuck yes Glory. I already have the TPB's but I need the OHC. I was going to wait until next week when the 6th hardcover collection of Powers comes out and grab them both from IST, but I don't know if I can wait. :(

Owzers

it's Harley blaming herself for failing Joker and his unrealisticly high standards. You didn't miss a joke, its just Joker being a prick to Harley like usual.

I will also post some, they are sure to make the entire community to attack you.

Hmmm interesting, i'm still a little unsettled by the thought that i didn't understand the book and that's actually effected my enjoyment of it, but it was quite good. I went ahead and bought the Harley and Ivy 3 issue mini from dini/timm as well.

Cheska

Fuck yes Glory. I already have the TPB's but I need the OHC. I was going to wait until next week when the 6th hardcover collection of Powers comes out and grab them both from IST, but I don't know if I can wait. :(

I'm putting an order together now and this feels like the smaller order I've ever had. I'm trying to think of some more stuff to add to it but I'm legitimately stuck. Like, I can't think of anything else besides Velvet.

I'm putting an order together now and this feels like the smaller order I've ever had. I'm trying to think of some more stuff to add to it but I'm legitimately stuck. Like, I can't think of anything else besides Velvet.

I ordered Glory, the Frank Quitely hardcover and TMNT Vol.8... It got me over $50, so yay for free shipping. I thought I was the only one who read Glory. We're best friends now.

Cheska

I ordered Glory, the Frank Quitely hardcover and TMNT Vol.8... It got me over $50, so yay for free shipping. I thought I was the only one who read Glory. We're best friends now.

I keep considering picking up the ongoing TMNT but the trades just seem terribly overpriced..

I keep considering picking up the ongoing TMNT but the trades just seem terribly overpriced..

They are, but it's such a great series. I think they're worth $12 or so a piece. List price is nuts, though. I'd just cave and buy them now before you end up deciding to buy them later and have to buy 15 of them in one shot, or possibly get stuck hunting for out of print volumes. ;)

Cheska

They are, but it's such a great series. I think they're worth $12 or so a piece. List price is nuts, though. I'd just cave and buy them now before you end up deciding to buy them later and have to buy 15 of them in one shot, or possibly get stuck hunting for out of print volumes. ;)

That appears to already be happening :( IST doesn't seem to have Vol 2 or 6. Decisions, decisions..

That appears to already be happening :( IST doesn't seem to have Vol 2 or 6. Decisions, decisions..

Vol. 2 doesn't really surprise me, as that one got scarce for a while back before I even got it. But Vol. 6 didn't really come out long ago. IST might just be out of stock, as Amazon still has it.

Bii

Also they changed the cover for the Quitely book

Shots fired!

Amazing Spider-Man #1

14262550180_be67c784ef_o.jpg

I'm a total Spider-Man n00b when it comes to comics. Only reason why I'm pulling this book is because my son loves the guy. So, I learned a lot about Peter Parker and all the sh*t he's gone through. This issue brings me up to speed rather quickly. Although some of the jokes and quips were juvenile, I did chuckle a bit when I saw Peter in his webbed undies.

Now, is Anna Maria Marconi that short? Because the first panel (pictured below) that she shows up, her head barely clears the side table on her right. Or maybe it's just a big house? Anyway, this issue revolves around Peter getting back into the swing of things (love, life, work, etc.). Let's hope #2 offers a bit more substance. Oh, and I'm glad I didn't get that scary-looking regular cover; it's so horrid.

14447809452_03f618166d_o.jpg
14262725167_e4763c0564_o.jpg

There are a number of Spider-Man related back stories that aren't worth mentioning. As a matter of fact, the thing that threw me off guard was the inclusion of Inhuman #1. See below...

-

Inhuman #1

14426036206_bf719a4167_o.jpg

After finishing off Infinity, I was so pumped for Inhuman. After a few months' delay, my interest waned and I never picked up Inhuman #1. I'm glad that I didn't, not because it came "free" with Amazing Spider-Man #1, but because it's kind of boring. The story tries to make you care about that fire guy but it feels too forced. Dying mother and a soon-to-be single parent sister? Ehhhhh. It's very anticlimactic towards the end, too.

And doesn't the guy below resemble Akuma (from the Street Fighter series)?

14426036046_59ab264ede_o.jpg
14262549560_7678c7a11b_o.jpg

If anyone wants to read Amazing Spider-Man #1
and maybe Inhuman #1? I'm not sure if it's included
, first person to reply requesting so will get the Marvel digital code.

Shots fired!

Amazing Spider-Man #1

I'm a total Spider-Man n00b when it comes to comics. Only reason why I'm pulling this book is because my son loves the guy. So, I learned a lot about Peter Parker and all the sh*t he's gone through. This issue brings me up to speed rather quickly. Although some of the jokes and quips were juvenile, I did chuckle a bit when I saw Peter in his webbed undies.

Now, is Anna Maria Marconi that short? Because the first panel (pictured below) that she shows up, her head barely clears the side table on her right. Or maybe it's just a big house? Anyway, this issue revolves around Peter getting back into the swing of things (love, life, work, etc.). Let's hope #2 offers a bit more substance. Oh, and I'm glad I didn't get that scary-looking regular cover; it's so horrid.

There are a number of Spider-Man related back stories that aren't worth mentioning. As a matter of fact, the thing that threw me off guard was the inclusion of Inhuman #1. See below...

-

Inhuman #1

After finishing off Infinity, I was so pumped for Inhuman. After a few months' delay, my interest waned and I never picked up Inhuman #1. I'm glad that I didn't, not because it came "free" with Amazing Spider-Man #1, but because it's kind of boring. The story tries to make you care about that fire guy but it feels too forced. Dying mother and a soon-to-be single parent sister? Ehhhhh. It's very anticlimactic towards the end, too.

I'd like them please.

Shots fired!

Amazing Spider-Man #1

-

Inhuman #1

Anna Maria Marconi is as small as you can see on those pages. She doesnt get any taller in issue 2. And i liked the second issue alot more than the first.

samueeL

Banned
Can't seem to find much proper reviews of Green Arrow/Black Canary monthly series. Thinking of getting the trades, anyone here read it and would bother saying something about them?

Yes. Anna Maria is a little person.

I only read the first issue of Amazing Spider-Man, but she seemed like a pretty alright character. The only thing I found weird was like the way she wasn't that bothered by the fact that her ex boyfriend was a meglomaniacal super villain body swapped. She acted remarkably chill about it all.

Edit: Wait, I read #2 as well I think.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Can't seem to find much proper reviews of Green Arrow/Black Canary monthly series. Thinking of getting the trades, anyone here read it and would bother saying something about them?

First arc is pretty good and has some proper lush Cliff Chiang art. It drops off super fast when he leaves though, very dull. Awful English superhero person, embarrassingly bad. But Cliffy C draws super hot ladies for that first arc.

I only read the first issue of Amazing Spider-Man, but she seemed like a pretty alright character. The only thing I found weird was like the way she wasn't that bothered by the fact that her ex boyfriend was a meglomaniacal super villain body swapped. She acted remarkably chill about it all.

She doesnt know that the exboyfriend was a meglomaniacal super villian until issue 2.
Doc Oc was in Peter Parkers body.

ElNarez

Banned
motherfucking new sexcrimzzzz (does not contain actual fucking of mothers): holy fuck this issue was. damn. good thing there's a patented wacky list in the letter section to bring the motherfucking (still not involving the fucking of mothers) laffs

ElNarez

Banned
If you thought the art in this week's Batman Eternal was bad, I dunno man, read more euro comics. In fact, read more euro comics anyways. But man, this was euro comic as fuck. It's a good thing.

I love that there is a Bleeding Cool article that's basically like, "Look I know the art isn't something you're used to and is really weird but please, PLEASE buy this issue."

May specifically not get this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom