• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clockpunk

IDW's September solicitations released a few minutes ago state that Ghostbusters 20, as well as concludingthe fantastic Mass Hysteria arc, will also be the final issue.

And that has gotten me royally peeved. Very unhappy, as it is my favourite monthly pull, bar none. >.<

IDW's September solicitations released a few minutes ago state that Ghostbusters 20, as well as concludingthe fantastic Mass Hysteria arc, will also be the final issue.

And that has gotten me royally peeved. Very unhappy, as it is my favourite monthly pull, bar none. >.<

That really is unfortunate. It really sucks when your favorite title is canceled. No hints of just rebranding it into a new series?

clockpunk

That really is unfortunate. It really sucks when your favorite title is canceled. No hints of just rebranding it into a new series?

Presumably (hopefully) - it was rebranded a couple of years back after another run, but there was a delay in IDW doing so. I believe Burnham (the writer) hinted that he would like to see a slight devolution of the rather-expanded team (which I disagree with, personally), but... nothing concrete.

clockpunk

To comment on Batman: Eternal - I picked up the run yesterday, and read through them all in one-sitting - really rather enjoyable, even if Pyg makes for a rather dislikable (silly) villainous presence.

tim1138

Same, and even better chances if it's a stand alone -esque story. Is this the only issue ny Bertram?

As far as I know, yeah.

Does anyone know if the God Hates Astronauts series that's starting in September is new content or just releasing the existing stuff in single issues.

Messi

Bii smack talking my girl Anna Maria now?

Anna Maria is the best thing to come out of Superior Spider-Man. She is awesome and I hope they keep her around. Even though Peter
has done a shockingly bad job of letting her down.

Bii smack talking my girl Anna Maria now?

Anna Maria is the best thing to come out of Superior Spider-Man. She is awesome and I hope they keep her around. Even though Peter
has done a shockingly bad job of letting her down.

I'm just gonna say it straight. I don't trust people with two first names. I also don't like people who use their middle name as part of their identity.

Also, how exactly do you let someone down who was having sex with your body while it was mind swapped with your arch villain?

Messi

I'm just gonna say it straight. I don't trust people with two first names. I also don't like people who use their middle name as part of their identity.

Also, how exactly do you let someone down who was having sex with your body while it was mind swapped with your arch villain?

Maybe try and not ignore that the relationship happened?

Also Anna Maria > MJ

Does anyone know if the God Hates Astronauts series that's starting in September is new content or just releasing the existing stuff in single issues.

It's an all new on-going. I talked to Ryan Browne at C2E2, actually got a sketch cover on a preview issue of the new on-going God Hates Astronauts. He's a cool ass guy,, funny

Tizoc

Damnit America why are you so SLOW?
My InStockTrades order won't arrive on Thursday or before sadly so I may end up having to use Aramex (made my request on Friday, it was shipped on Monday).
I asked my brother to see if he can ask UPS to send it to our local post office here, so hope they comply =_=

Messi

Khw0qT4.png

Like pulling off a band aid. Just keep hitting confirm and it doesn't feel like real money.

Can you guys send me some food please :(

Like pulling off a band aid. Just keep hitting confirm and it doesn't feel like real money.

Can you guys send me some food please :(

Why haven't you updated those apps and listened to your voicemail? God damn, man, clean up your notification bar.

Also, RIP battery.

Damn, everybody's eating apples and peanut butter the next few weeks

My friend and I both got a copy of Wicked + Divine and the guy at the shop said everyone's picking it up today. Sounds like it's gonna do pretty well.

Sucks to hear, love that series so much. Amazing we had a creative team for thirty plus issues.....

MG310

NYCC VIP tickets sold out in a minute or so and now the 4 Days have gone in about an hour and a half.

Seems like everything went a lot faster than last year so if you are thinking about going jump on the single/3 Day ones quickly whenever they go on sale.

I thought today was small, but I forgot Silver Surfer was today and that the Sex Criminals TP collected everything before today's issue. so i got both of those. Also picked up New Warriors #3 and She Hulk #5; I was just about to walk out the store before i remembered to pick up the latter. In addition to the Wicked + Divine (Bryan Lee O'Malley variant!!!) and a new issue of The Auteur, it's a good ass week for comics.
Damn, everybody's eating apples and peanut butter the next few weeks

My friend and I both got a copy of Wicked + Divine and the guy at the shop said everyone's picking it up today. Sounds like it's gonna do pretty well.
Oh, nice. I thought about getting two copies, but I actually want more people to read it!

I don't know if I was supposed to care about the reveal of who was attacking the X men in Uncanny. But I didn't care about the reveal of who was attacking the X men in Uncanny.

Just read through The Wicked + The Divine #1. The Gillen/McKelvie dream team strikes again. I don't understand all of it, but I found it hugely enjoyable. I can't wait for the second issue. Could be another winner for Image.

"You guessed my name."

Arksy

So I just read the first few issues of Velvet.

It's awesome stuff.

Epting + Brubaker really have to be one of my favourite teams in comics. I love Brubaker's writing style and Epting's art.

Now that I've read up both Saga and Velvet I'm starting to feel enchanted by the comic book medium for the first time in a few years.

I tried (posted here once or twice about trying to get back into it but I've failed each time) but this time I think I'll be able to actually read some series.

Thanks for your recommendations folks. I think I'll stay away from Marvel and DC for the time being I think and stick with indies.

Fuck yeah, The Wicked + The Divine. Usually I wait til after I run my errands to read my books, but this shit was priority #1. Gooooooooooooooood i'm so in. It's been too long since Jamie McKelvie has drawn a monthly.
the page with Luci in court about to snap her fingers, and the reveal after was pitch-perfect comics. and also "You guessed my name." DAMN

I'm holding out for Battlestar Galactica in a 1940s pulp setting before i make that claim

First up today was Wonder Woman 32. Another fantastic issue of this epic story that is getting closer to it conclusion. A great battle is coming. This book is called Wonder Woman and while yes, she is the focus of the book, you get that focus from so many angles, it makes you really appreciate the world the creators have made. So glad, I jumped on board with this one.

First up today was Wonder Woman 32. Another fantastic issue of this epic story that is getting closer to it conclusion. A great battle is coming. This book is called Wonder Woman and while yes, she is the focus of the book, you get that focus from so many angles, it makes you really appreciate the world the creators have made. So glad, I jumped on board with this one.

But what about the baby?

Thanks for your recommendations folks. I think I'll stay away from Marvel and DC for the time being I think and stick with indies.
If you ever to want to branch out more in the future, there are a lot of recent Marvel books that are easy to jump into! Hawkeye, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight are all pretty easy to jump into on issue 1 with zero prior knowledge.

My shop had all the bombshell variants today so I picked up the Harley one. Wanted Batwoman and Wonder Woman too but I tradewait on Batwoman and I haven't even started WW so I decided against them. Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom