• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grayson Preview - Dick finds his inner Archerness
3rdPrSf.jpg

Well, the pricing is what IST/DCBS chooses to sell it at. Which means they must be getting them from Dark Horse dirt cheap to still make a profit on that.

I'm curious about what kind of paper they used in the omnibus. Is it glossy, or is it the softer type of paper that the original Sin City books used?

EDIT: Ordered. Also tacked on Dead Body Road to push it over into free shipping territory.
Dead Boady Road is not worth the price of free shipping. Awfully bland comic.

tim1138

I've never read Sin City, but you guys sure are making this sound appealing!

Also, if you had to choose Hellboy or the BPRD books, which would you go for?

Sin City is pretty great, but I'd check out the first volume before going all in. It's very much a Frank Miller comic and that doesn't necessarily mean it has universal appeal.

I give the nod to Hellboy, but I haven't read BPRD yet.

Messi

Hell yeah!

-

Batman #30

14499543575_b733b2465a_o.jpg

I'm playing catchup here. The Riddler's grip over Gotham has finally come and he has an interesting way of toying with the city and dashing all their hopes in the process. Capullo is still killing it with his art.

With the DC news above, this should give more exposure to FCO Plascencia because he's been coloring Batman's art in such a phenomenal fashion. Each panel is so painstakingly beautiful. Check it out below!

14498240214_c157439a67_o.jpg
14312937989_ac71bc189d_o.jpg

Speaking of colouring. HE LEE SHIIIIET

ReAxion

Messi's buying isn't keeping it going and he's not recommending it, so that keeps anyone who might be curious safe! Quick picking on Messi! Let him be the reverse miner's canary if he wants!

Messi's buying isn't keeping it going and he's not recommending it, so that keeps anyone who might be curious safe! Quick picking on Messi! Let him be the reverse miner's canary if he wants!

Dude, nothing is going to get Messi down in the dumps today. TFAW got in the Batman Black & White Harley Quinn statues. Mine should be shipping soon as well.

So ready for the Uncanny Avengers arc to end tomorrow Remender bout to deliver us again.

"Your plan's not going to work. You go up there and you'll all die."

I am tablet-less atm because I forgot it when I went home for the weekend, but I will brave the PC reader for this conclusion.

#YearOfRemender

Messi

Thanks. I know it's sad and I know it's bad but I don't feel like my single sale is changing anything. I just want to read about new 52 Catwoman :(. I won't ever recommend it in this current state and I am quick to point out actual problems when new issues come out.

I know it's going to get canned / creative change towards the end of Eternal. It has to. 20,000 sales are abysmal for a Catwoman book when Harley is doing 66,000. They are making her a main player in Gotham and Nocenti is not up to that task.

Dude, nothing is going to get Messi down in the dumps today. TFAW got in the Batman Black & White Harley Quinn statues. Mine should be shipping soon as well.

I hadn't checked today.

K2LS5CJ.gif

That's made me quite happy.

One of the best parts of ComicsGAF is Messi's attachment to Catwoman.

I mean, he shouldn't read it since he hates it, but he just can't quit it. It's a gripping tale.

Messi

I agree, and honestly I can't wait to see the next mediocre writer on Catwoman to feed on Messi's sanity.

Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner will save me.

Or more realistically Gail Simone. Korupt can you go ask her if she would like to write Catwoman on Twitter for me

"Your plan's not going to work. You go up there and you'll all die."

I am tablet-less atm because I forgot it when I went home for the weekend, but I will brave the PC reader for this conclusion.

#YearOfRemender

This arc ending and with AXIS around the corner I hope it will be he's been killing it with his work at Marvel for years plus his independent work like Deadly Class and Black Science have been great as well.

fauxtrot

Banned
I've never read Sin City, but you guys sure are making this sound appealing!

Also, if you had to choose Hellboy or the BPRD books, which would you go for?

Definitely start w/ Hellboy... BPRD is great in its own right, but I feel like if you like Hellboy, you'll end up reading BPRD anyway, since it feels like an organic/logical spinoff by the time it happens within the series.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Who is everyone's favourite Kubert?

I like Adam Kubert (well, only read him in Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine), but I love Andy Kubert (only read him in Morrison's Batman...). I thought Adam's art was good, but I was really impressed by Andy's.

tim1138

Geoff Johns is doing an AMA on reddit and dropped two bombs that should make Rafa happy. He hinted at a Cyborg solo and said this when asked about Vibe:

GeoffJohns said:
LOVE Vibe. Andrew K. and I had a great time writing his book and I loved him in JLA. He'll be back in JL before too long, lost in the multiverse. Cisco plays a huge part of the Flash TV series so, yes, there are plans in many places for Vibe

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Reading that reddit page is like trying to find messages in alphabet soup after a child has eaten it all and vomited it out of their asshole, but here are some of Geoff Johns' favorite stories:

2) My favorite story arc...I have a lot. I love Grant Morrison's Animal Man. If you mean more recent stuff, I've really been enjoying Peter Tomasi's Batman and Robin.

And some of us were talking about Static a little while back--it's odd to see somebody with so much pull around DC claim to not be able to use a character who is a favorite:

I actually wanted Static for Teen Titans when I worked on it but we couldn't use him for some reason -- I forget why. They're great characters and Static's a favorite.

Cheska

Just browsing IST and I'm super bummed there's no hardcover collection for Atomic Robo. Would love to get started on this series, but I just hate buying a ton of TPB's.

And still no shipping notice for Harley B&W from BBTS :(

Just browsing IST and I'm super bummed there's no hardcover collection for Atomic Robo. Would love to get started on this series, but I just hate buying a ton of TPB's.

I wouldn't expect them, honestly. Red 5 is a pretty small publisher. I don't know if they've ever done any omnibus-type collections for any of their books.

And still no shipping notice for Harley B&W from BBTS :(

I've never ordered from them before. Do they generally ship on time? Either way, she's not even officially out until tomorrow. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Owzers

no interest in a potential Cyborg series after reading Forever Evil/Cyborg justice league stuff. The metal men were interesting, then Cyborg had to enter the picture in their second and final issue. Ruined. Everything.

Cheska

I wouldn't expect them, honestly. Red 5 is a pretty small publisher. I don't know if they've ever done any omnibus-type collections for any of their books.

I don't think they have either. See this is the dilemma I always have, which is actually how I essentially end up spending so much money:

I see a series that looks interesting, decide to pick up volume one, end up loving it and hate that I have to wait for the rest of the books.

Sooo now I end up ordering the entire set in one go so I know I can immediately move over to the next one once I'm done without waiting. So far I haven't regretted anything, but it's still something I worry about when making these big purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom