• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I find it kind of fitting.

I think the one with Bruce and Clark playing Spider-Man is my favourite. Such a great comic, it's baffling that DC seems reluctant to make it official/give Yale some work.

Wow, that's a beautiful poster! I love the colors.

I would love to see them collect the strips into a book. It's really fun and sweet.

Cheska

Finally done with all the DC Bombshell covers!

rJfZ46Zl.jpg

....and joining Korupt as a new owner of Harley! LCS got some in, so I picked it up there instead of waiting for my BBTS pre-order.

edFqTEDl.jpg

Sx1hL2xl.jpg

Rat Queens preview up on their Facebook page. Note says the issue has been delayed for "A few weeks". What is happening with Rat Queens? Goes to every 6 weeks and now a delay a week before shipping. :(. Really enjoying the book but the schedule change and now this delay is killing my hype and momentum.

Yeah I think I'm dropping Rat Queens. There are a couple other indie books I'd like to add that actually come out on a decent schedule.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
They've done 75 Greatest Batman Covers, then the 75 Greatest Batman Friends and Foes, just wrapped up the 75 Greatest Batman Writers and Artists, and now its time to vote for the 75 Greatest Batman Stories. I had to think about it, but I came up with a 10 I was happy with.

1. Mad Love
2. The Dark Knight Returns
3. Year One
4. The Club of Heroes (Batman #667-669)
5. Batman and Robin Must Die!
6. Batman Incorporated - Leviathan
7. Strange Apparitions
8. Eye of the Beholder (Batman Annual #14)
9. To Kill a Legend (Detective Comics #400)
10. The Player on the Other Side (Batman Special #1)

No Michael Golden in their top 100 Batman covers?
No taste, confirmed.

Finally done with all the DC Bombshell covers!

....and joining Korupt as a new owner of Harley! LCS got some in, so I picked it up there instead of waiting for my BBTS pre-order.

Yay! What number did you get? I got 469/5200.

Also, where is the smoke in the gun? Did you forget to put it on?

I'm wondering what other childhood fables could be improved by "then suddenly, a bat appears." It makes perfect sense given that "suddenly, a bat" was such a transformative event for him.

Good grief.

Messi

No, I don't pick it up anymore. I just had them pull me one of every Bombshell cover so it was part of the collection.

But you're going to read it, right? And then review it here, right?

I want to see Red Lantern Cheska again.

Oh Cheska please give us your opinions on Catwoman. I just need to know.

Oh and that preview page from the new Rat Queens with Betty is exactly why I love the series. Don't wanna post it and spoil it for folks though.

So here's a link

http://i.imgur.com/kwatB5Y.png

Perfect.

Vyer

Zero Year is so perfect. Beautiful to look at, enjoyable story, great version of the Riddler and the 'origin'. That dialogue to Alfred was great.

Rat Queens preview up on their Facebook page. Note says the issue has been delayed for "A few weeks". What is happening with Rat Queens? Goes to every 6 weeks and now a delay a week before shipping. :(. Really enjoying the book but the schedule change and now this delay is killing my hype and momentum.

Its probably because I started reading it. Sorry about that.

5E5D6AF7-574D-49B0-8416-3D72C84CE674_zpsjsqubozq.jpg

Cheap poster from Target, but I like it. =)).

That is really nice. Got to find that.

fauxtrot

Banned
Rat Queens is a lot of fun and has a ton of heart, but I can't help but feel like it would resonate with me wayyy more if they just dialed back the "edgy" vernacular a little bit. I think a lot of the humorous bits would be funnier with a little more restraint. It just feels like the writer is trying so hard, and that just leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

Good news and Bad news.

Good news is Deadly Class #6 was awesome......again! Seriously, the most impressive 6 issue story arc I have ever read. Not one moment in any if these 6 issues were a dud.

Bad news is it is not back til September. :(

Also read Ms. Marvel and thought it was pretty good. I have no clue with that last page though. Looked like something out of Chew.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Goodness. Even with the super high expectations I have for Waid's DD now that I've read a few arcs, it still consistently blows me away.
I just read the arc with Mole Man. That was so incredibly good.

Crazy good art. Paolo River reminded me of Francavilla with the way he was drawing the stuff in the caves/underground.

And that story. I absolutely loved the way Waid wrote it in a grey-area sort of way where you sympathize with Mole Man a little bit. Even though what he was doing was clearly terrible, you could totally see where he was coming from and understand his reasoning, even if it was coming from a messed up place. Waid made you pity him and feel sad for him rather than angry at him. Just incredible stuff.

How long does it usually take them to ship?

I've usually gotten my orders about a week after I place them. But YMMV depending on where you live. I'm in California and I believe IST is in Pennsylvania, so there's a lot of country to cross.
Also, some people have had issues with IST orders taking quite a while to be processed (I think some people have had it be up to a week), so that may add some time.

Rat Queens is a lot of fun and has a ton of heart, but I can't help but feel like it would resonate with me wayyy more if they just dialed back the "edgy" vernacular a little bit. I think a lot of the humorous bits would be funnier with a little more restraint. It just feels like the writer is trying so hard, and that just leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

That's what I love about it. There's been a lot of tabletop RPG simulator comics the last few years (IDW's D&D series, Pathfinder, Skullkickers). Rat Queens, to me, captures that feeling the best and the dialogue is a huge part of it.

How long does it usually take them to ship?

It depends on their stock status. If everything in your order is on hand, then it'll usually ship within a day or two. If not, then it may take up to a week depending on when they get restocked.

As for their packaging, it's amazing. I've never had an issue. They wrap your order in plastic, then fill in all of the empty space inside the box with those vaccum-seal foam packs. Your books will be snugly protected for their entire trip to your home.

Good news and Bad news.

Good news is Deadly Class #6 was awesome......again! Seriously, the most impressive 6 issue story arc I have ever read. Not one moment in any if these 6 issues were a dud.

Bad news is it is not back til September. :(

Also read Ms. Marvel and thought it was pretty good. I have no clue with that last page though. Looked like something out of Chew.

I gasped when I got to that page. At least the first volume comes out soon, I need to spread the Deadly Class love to my friends.

TEJ

I watched the DC DTV movie batman and son, and enjoyed the premise. Is the comic storyline it is based on worth reading?

I watched the DC DTV movie batman and son, and enjoyed the premise. Is the comic storyline it is based on worth reading?

I didn't watch the movie, but Grant Morrison's run is excellent. Definitely check it out, I think the New Edition includes Batman and Son and The Black Glove (next part of the story)!

Superman 32 was good. I hope my man JRJR draws Supes in a denim jacket next issue.

Didn't think you liked Johns or read Justice League?
I read about the
"the League is the frog crossing the river, you're the scorpion hitching a ride, and I'm the big bad BAT that's going to destroy you"
scene on a message board. I actually won't make it to the shop until tomorrow, but I'm not buying Justice League in any case; it's just that my obsession coupled with that revelation in FE has led to me paying waaaay more attention to Johns JL than is healthy.

Oh, I get what your saying. But do I discredit Johns or just the nature of Batman? In the end, I can see Bruce actually saying that.
...I could see a version of Bruce saying that too, and it happens to be the version of Bruce that Johns tends to write.

New Warriors was so good again this month. Once the series got past the introductions and whatnot, it's really found its groove. This is such a fun book.

Messi

Seen a complete meltdown on my Facebook from someone who's Harley Black and white got cancelled. :/ feel real bad for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom