• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Downswing:

didn't really like Daredevil #4, Avengers #31, or Uncanny Avengers #20. For Daredevil, The Shroud/Owley dynamic just isn't as interesting as i think Waid wants it to be. It's not a bad comic, but i don't think it's memorable. Avengers #31 decided to abandon what made me like issue #29 so much in favor of the time warp, which will probably pay off, but i liked where #29 was going addressing Cap/Illuminati directly. Uncanny Avengers #20 i didn't like the x-men/magneto future stuff, i feel like the story went off the rails as soon as we went into the future.

Future bad. Quit it.

sca2511

Cross posting from FigureGAF since it's related.
Finally went home to open up my packages.

Sideshow Gwen Stacy's box

Close up of her face and umbrella

Umbrella close up

Gwen & MJ

Also received the Bishoujos for Armored Wonder Woman & Mara Jade.

Looks like Black and White Harley is coming in, woo!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
So, Saga was some masterful shit this month. You really spend the entire issue thinking something terrible is going to happen to
Marko and Alana, but then sad Samurai Janitor happens.

So, Saga was some masterful shit this month. You really spend the entire issue thinking something terrible is going to happen to

That set that scene up pretty well.
Janitor draws you into his tragic story, and the perspectives Staples uses makes him the focus of attention. You start hanging onto his words, and you're mentally leaning in to hear what his son's last words are. Then BAM didn't expect that did you. An effective bit of the ol' ultraviolence

Exactly. I think that
it was sad as shit, what happened. But at the same time I felt some measure of relief that it wasn't any of the main characters.
Am I a bad person?

Zombine

Banned
Exactly. I think that
it was sad as shit, what happened. But at the same time I felt some measure of relief that it wasn't any of the main characters.
Am I a bad person?

It was the highlight of the chapter. I personally found the
blooming relationship
much more tragic. It was really organic and I have to give BKV credit for the writing.

Well that's your fault for having an iPhone. Jesus, that screen is tiny. It's a wonder you can fucking see anything on it.

Lies and slander, I think.

Dis

BrK6V0IIUAA5aUx.png

Or dat

BrK6YNMIEAA9pw_.png

Honestly, they both look perfectly fine to me. Do you have less-than-stellar eyesight? That may have something to do with it. Unless it's just preference.

Honestly, they both look perfectly fine to me. Do you have less-than-stellar eyesight? That may have something to do with it. Unless it's just preference.

White backgrounds are more pleasing and I guess I have astigmatism that causes blur at all distances. I never wear my glasses at work though. Lol, and I sell eyeglasses and contacts. Lol.

Infinite comic series Thanos: A God Up There Listening launches 7/1

In the aftermath of the universe shaking INFINITY event, Thane, Son of Thanos will rise. But will it be as a hero, or a villain? Today, Marvel is pleased to announce THANOS: A GOD UP THERE LISTENING, an all-new 6-part Marvel Infinite Comic series launching this Tuesday 07/01! Fan-favorite creator Rob Williams and artists Paco Diaz, Iban Coello and Neil Edwards explore Thane’s journey following the events of INFINITY.

Under the watchful eye of Thanos’ advisor, the Ebony Maw, Thane has travelled the galaxy in search of answers. Is he truly the son of the Mad Titan? And is he destined to follow in his father’s evil footsteps? The lost biography of Thanos’ black deeds has been uncovered. As Thane begins to explore his father’s legacy, he’ll discover not everything is as it seems. Meanwhile in the past, two titans clash as the cosmic war between Thanos and Ego the Living Planet sends shockwaves across the heavens. As the story of their bloody battle in the cold depths of space is revealed, Thane will learn a devastating secret that will haunt him in the present day!

Can a man fight his own destiny? The time has come where Thane must choose what man he will become. A hero…or a villain?

Designed specifically for mobile devices, Marvel Infinite Comics represent the latest form of comic book storytelling using tablets and smartphones as a new canvas. Set in current continuity, each Marvel Infinite Comic is perfect for new and old readers alike and provides an exciting new reading experience while staying true to the medium’s greatest strengths!

Available right at your fingertips, all six issues of Thanos: A God Up There Listening will be available for purchase this Tuesday, 07/01 on the Marvel Comics app (for iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch® & AndroidTM devices) and online in the Marvel Digital Comics Shop!

Pre-Order THANOS: A GOD UP THERE LISTENING now and get all 6 issues as soon when as soon as they’re released!

Looks like the SDCC Bob Kane Batman statue is still open for pre-orders too, if anyone's interested.
I want to want it, but that pose is just so incredibly boring with the cape covering the whole statue.

They still seem to have plenty left, which kind of surprised me. I guess no one gives a shit about Bob Kane. Nah, what it really is is that the ArtFX+ line is only 1/10 scale, which is a tiny, shitty scale for figures to be in.

....or they just made a ton more than Psylocke's limited 1500-piece run.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
They still seem to have plenty left, which kind of surprised me. I guess no one gives a shit about Bob Kane. Nah, what it really is is that the ArtFX+ line is only 1/10 scale, which is a tiny, shitty scale for figures to be in.

....or they just made a ton more than Psylocke's limited 1500-piece run.

Aah. I thought that statue must've been smaller than most since there really isn't much detail at all on it.
But yeah, I was still pretty surprised that as a SDCC exclusive it wasn't sold out yet.

Aah. I thought that statue must've been smaller than most since there really isn't much detail at all on it.
But yeah, I was still pretty surprised that as a SDCC exclusive it wasn't sold out yet.

Yeah, the Psylocke statue is 1/7 scale, as most of the bishoujo line is.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yeah, the Psylocke statue is 1/7 scale, as most of the bishoujo line is.

Gotcha. That Psylocke statue is very nice. If I liked the character (haven't read any X-Men yet...) I'd definitely consider it. I love how colorful it is too.

Maybe eventually I'll step into the statue realm, but I haven't been convinced I need one yet. (Although this Mike Mignola Batman B&W statue is super cool.)
Edit: Makes me wonder why there isn't a Hellboy statue done in Mignola's style yet... That'd be super great. Google shows me that there have been a few Hellboy statues, but none that have Mignola's sharp lines and stylization.

Second edit: Wait! I've got it! I know what statue I'd totally buy. A 1/10 scale (assuming it's $40ish) Black Beetle figure. Now that I'd want on my shelf.

tim1138

Just read the Bill Mantlo/Mike Mignola Rocket miniseries from 1985, boy that is definitely a product of its time. The story was completely insane and it was interesting to see super early Mignola art, overall it was a worthwhile read. Hooray for old comics!

Cheska

If anyone attending SDCC would be gracious enough to pick me up that SDCC exclusive Spider-Woman bishoujo I would be eternally grateful!!

Just shoot me a PM and we can exchange info so I can instantly transfer over the money :)

Well that's your fault for having an iPhone. Jesus, that screen is tiny. It's a wonder you can fucking see anything on it.

Imagine reading Dark Horse comics on it... I've read through a few trades on my 4S and it's been an interesting experience lol

My first IST order came in while I was at work. Despite how much you guys rave about them, I cannot get over this shipping quality. I don't think I'll ever order books from anywhere else again!

Now I need to figure out what to read first. Probably gonna read Bloodspell.

If anyone attending SDCC would be gracious enough to pick me up that SDCC exclusive Spider-Woman bishoujo I would be eternally grateful!!

Just shoot me a PM and we can exchange info so I can instantly transfer over the money :)

Wow, you really like the metallic paint? It reminds me too much of the metallic POP! figure variants. Plus I thought the original looks better. Or is it the fact that it's limited to 800 pieces that got your attention?

Cheska

Wow, you really like the metallic paint? It reminds me too much of the metallic POP! figure variants. Plus I thought the original looks better. Or is it the fact that it's limited to 800 pieces that got your attention?

Nope, I truly love it! Then again, I don't think I'm going to end up getting the 90's Psylocke.

Zombine

Banned
I flaked on Psylocke. To be completely honest with you, I prefer her black suit over the ridiculous one piece bathing suit.

Also, she's gotta get that leg checked out because it's all kinda of fucked up.

Nope, I truly love it! Then again, I don't think I'm going to end up getting the 90's Psylocke.

Did you get the initial release, or will this be your only Spider-Woman bishoujo? One thing I liked is that there's a little compartment inside the base to store the alternate face that you're not currently using.

I flaked on Psylocke. To be completely honest with you, I prefer her black suit over the ridiculous one piece bathing suit.

But....but.... PURPLE HAIR!!!!

I bought the initial release in the X-Force colorway, and she looks great. But I do prefer the original coloring for the character, Though it kind of boggles the mind why (even going back to the first Psylocke bishoujo) they never gave her a psychic knife effect part. The Storm, Jean Grey and Ms. Marvel / Binary figures all have accessories related to their powers.

Cheska

Did you get the initial release, or will this be your only Spider-Woman bishoujo? One thing I liked is that there's a little compartment inside the base to store the alternate face that you're not currently using.

Only Spider-Woman bishoujo. I do have the X-Force Psylocke though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom