• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Owzers

I am going to try to avoid regular gaf to save some E3 surprises since i watch the conferences.....i might have to skip comics gaf too! there is no escape from the hype parade.

Look for my return after the Sony conference, i will have read a handful of MU issues that are no longer relevant to the discussion and at least 1 game announcement will still be a surprise for me :p

Just watched the WW Gods and Monsters short, the VO was bad, and i dont think it fits with the Batman or Superman ones since they were real dark.

Still looking forward to the movie, Hope they have some good BD extras, but sucks it will only have 2 animated episodes. I think "For the Man who has everything" from JL:U will be one of them since its a good story with only the trinity, even with dropping Robin from the comic issue.

If you have extra cash on you I would recommend Microsoft's Surface 3 tablet/Laptop for comic reading. The pages look big and clear in HD on the 10'' device. The only problem is that the Comixology app in the Microsoft store has less features than the Android and Apple version. It doesn't have any option to sort your comics so if you have a huge digital collection you have to scroll through your entire purchase history and download history to find it. They haven't updated this version in a long time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If you have extra cash on you I would recommend Microsoft's Surface 3 tablet/Laptop for comic reading. The pages look big and clear in HD on the 10'' device. The only problem is that the Comixology app in the Microsoft store has less features than the Android and Apple version. It doesn't have any option to sort your comics so if you have a huge digital collection you have to scroll through your entire purchase history and download history to find it. They haven't updated this version in a long time.
Is it maybe possible to access the Android App via the BlueStacks Emulator?

Messi

I am going to try to avoid regular gaf to save some E3 surprises since i watch the conferences.....i might have to skip comics gaf too! there is no escape from the hype parade.

Look for my return after the Sony conference, i will have read a handful of MU issues that are no longer relevant to the discussion and at least 1 game announcement will still be a surprise for me :p

Don't worry. We only talk about comics in here.

Messi

Valerio Schiti's art in New Avengers

giphy.gif

Especially his
Black Swan

Won't OT be closed for a few days, or has that problem been solved?

Mr. Hyde

I am not sure how many are in the Orlando area but the comic store Gods and Monsters just opened up today. I live five minutes from the store so I went up and explored for a while. It's insanely busy and the store is so huge that I kept discovering new things each time I walked around the store. I think, size wise, it's the biggest or second biggest comic book store in the world now.

http://godmonsters.com/ if you're interested.

Messi

I am not sure how many are in the Orlando area but the comic store Gods and Monsters just opened up today. I live five minutes from the store so I went up and explored for a while. It's insanely busy and the store is so huge that I kept discovering new things each time I walked around the store. I think, size wise, it's the biggest or second biggest comic book store in the world now.

http://godmonsters.com/ if you're interested.

I'll be there in a month so I'll give it a look. See if it gets the Messi ComicsGAF official seal of approval.

Someone needs to photoshop Olivia wilde onto a seal of approval for me to use.

Owzers

Hold the fuck up! DC did away with the thick glossy covers for their $3.99 books?

That twix money doesn't last.

Also DC expanded the number of 3.99 books, probably didn't feel like expanding firmer flop so they got rid of it. I dunno though since I don't buy any dc books anymore...

I'm still annoyed by Secret Wars getting rid of better cover stock after the first issue.

When is Marvel gonna announce a Shanna the She-Devil movie so they can introduce the Savage Lands and get some dinosaurs?

Edit: That movie has the potential to be really racist. lol

Booted up HOTS determined to get the Hearthstone card back today. Several hours, a big bar of Galaxy Salted Caramel, cups of coffee and cans of Coke Zero later:

I'm quite content now. I think I'll read some comics this evening.

I was going to go see Jurassic World this week, but I don't really want to go to the cinema, feels too much like work (well, it IS where I work after all). Will go next week when it's more quiet.

Busaiku

I was considering getting Robin and Dr. Fate, but screw DC.
Gotham Academy getting cancelled at least means they'll get less money from me.

Owzers

I let my comics pile up for 7 weeks and I had to put them in boxes the other night and it finally hit me that I'm not a comic collector, I'm a comic reader. It was not fun.

I want to save up for the rumored ipad pro. I read an article saying it would be too big and all i could think about were comics.

Then about how bad MU resolution comics would look on a larger tablet...

Messi

I let my comics pile up for 7 weeks and I had to put them in boxes the other night and it finally hit me that I'm not a comic collector, I'm a comic reader. It was not fun.

Yeah it's no fun bagging and boarding like 70 issues and I am being conservative with that guess. I just pick and choose the issues I want to own a physical copy of. The rest is digital. I brought my ipad to work today. I have 1500 comics at my fingertips. You can't beat it.

Zombine

Banned

Yes x100. I would unload all of my floppies if I could. Digital is the way everyone should go.

Yes x100. I would unload all of my floppies if I could. Digital is the way everyone should go.

Yeah, I'm gonna do that at some point within the next six months or so. Though I'd really rather hold out for an ipad 3, I really can't wait until I go digital-only. I've bought about 5 or 6 books from Comixology already, and I really dig the taste that I've gotten. I know your account itself keeps track of what you own, but as far as the device itself, how do you delete the older books you don't plan on reading again for a while?

Top Bottom