• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

I only started buying floppies recently when the Marvel Star Wars comics started. I don't really regret it. Way I see it I'm getting the floppies as a freebie with the digital copy and I can always pass them onto friends or family members if they want to read them. Plus I'm old fashioned and like physical discs etc.

tim1138

Yeah, I'm gonna do that at some point within the next six months or so. Though I'd really rather hold out for an ipad 3, I really can't wait until I go digital-only. I've bought about 5 or 6 books from Comixology already, and I really dig the taste that I've gotten. I know your account itself keeps track of what you own, but as far as the device itself, how do you delete the older books you don't plan on reading again for a while?

There's two ways, either long press on the title in your My Books section (you can select multiple issues and/or entire series) or go in to the settings and the last option should be "Delete individual issues"

At the comic you don't want:

Edit < select all (or the individual book you no longer want) < delete

3ebfe2a51b9e4162ebe7c1044fc460ba.jpg

Yup.

There's two ways, either long press on the title in your My Books section (you can select multiple issues and/or entire series) or go in to the settings and the last option should be "Delete individual issues"

At the comic you don't want:

Edit < select all (or the individual book you no longer want) < delete
Thanks guys, I just wanted to know for when it comes to a point I need to make some free space space. I have a tablet, but I want to buy one purely for comic reading... So what's a good tablet for comic reading?

Owzers

Thanks guys, I just wanted to know for when it comes to a point I need to make some free space space. I have a tablet, but I want to buy one purely for comic reading... So what's a good tablet for comic reading?

i say Ipad Air 2 or Galaxy Tab S 10.5

I don't like small tablets for reading, i'm hoping the Ipad Pro is real and amazing and not ridiculously priced....

Ipad Air 2 downfall - tablet vibrates because of the speakers, won't matter for comic reading but gets annoying.

Galaxy S 10.5 downfall - feels cheap compared to ipad, but it has an amazing screen with a better aspect ratio for comics and a bigger screen too.

Messi

Seems like Harley and Ivy are now officially a couple.

Await awesome and fun OT threads!

Yes, they are Girlfriends without the jealousy of monogamy. @jpalmiotti @AmandaRantsAlot

That quote? The one that Ivy Bloomington is pushing around? The one from the Jimmy and Amanda Harley chat.

That's where that story came from.

I am going to enjoy watching DC break the hearts of Ivy fans again. I don't like Joker but I understand he will never go away and will always be part of Harley. People like Ivy Bloomington truly believe Harley and Ivy can be real and last. But they won't. If they go further that teasing about them being special friends then they will have ruined the magic. Putting them together is fan fiction.

Owzers

That quote? The one that Ivy Bloomington is pushing around? The one from the Jimmy and Amanda Harley chat.

That's where that story came from.

I am going to enjoy watching DC break the hearts of Ivy fans again. I don't like Joker but I understand he will never go away and will always be part of Harley. People like Ivy Bloomington truly believe Harley and Ivy can be real and last. But they won't. If they go further that teasing about them being special friends then they will have ruined the magic. Putting them together is fan fiction.

Joker sees Harley and Ivy together and kills Ivy with acid in a flower.

tim1138

I have the newest Fire HDX 8.9 and it works perfectly for me. The smaller screen size is offset by the resolution (339 ppi / 2560 x 1600), comics look fantastic on it. The price point on it is perfect for me, as all I use it for is web browsing, comixology, and reading ebooks from the library via Overdrive.

Messi

Joker sees Harley and Ivy together and kills Ivy with acid in a flower.

He would fuck Harley up before he fucked up Ivy and you know that. :(. It's part of the reason he beats the crap out of her in suicide squad death of the family (masterpiece books). Because she made out with deadshot. He didn't touch deadshot.

Zombine

Banned
I've never gotten the feeling that their relationship has ever been anything other than pandering to dudes who want to see hot girls kiss and lounge around in underwear together. By not commiting to the relationship basically confirms it.

Sorry Hijinks crew, it's kinda bullshit. I'll turn in my membership if I have to.

Messi

I've never gotten the feeling that their relationship has ever been anything other than pandering to dudes who want to see hot girls kiss and lounge around in underwear together. By not commiting to the relationship basically confirms it.

Sorry Hijinks crew, it's kinda bullshit. I'll turn in my membership if I have to.

Turn it in.

Owzers

He would fuck Harley up before he fucked up Ivy and you know that. :(. It's part of the reason he beats the crap out of her in suicide squad death of the family (masterpiece books). Because she made out with deadshot. He didn't touch deadshot.

my fanfiction ignores suicide squad which i didn't read, it doesn't sound like i'm missing much.

Zombine

Banned
Turn it in.

Idk dude. I just think it's a giant ruse and trying to generate some buzz. I genuinely believe that Batwoman loves her girlfriend, where as the Ivy & Harley "relationship" is like what a teenage boy thinks an all girl sleepover is like.
It's been like that since forever.

Messi

Idk dude. I just think it's a giant ruse and trying to generate some buzz. I genuinely believe that Batwoman loves her girlfriend, where as the Ivy & Harley "relationship" is like what a teenage boy thinks an all girl sleepover is like.

I don't disagree

Owzers

I don't know what you're talking about.

3667396-hq2.png

For me, Ivy and Harley's relationship was best during Dini's....Harley and Ivy....three issue mini.

Messi

I don't know what you're talking about.

3667396-hq2.png

For me, Ivy and Harley's relationship was best during Dini's....Harley and Ivy....three issue mini.

See that is them poking fun at it. That's fine actually committing to it and making them a couple betrays the relationship created by Dini

Also yes. The Harley and Ivy mini is incredible and the best of their relationship

Owzers

I've been reading several issues of All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men on MU before my sub ends tomorrow, i knew i'd still enjoy reading it as long as i wasn't paying $2.39 per issue, it's fun and i love the art, but I still don't think it has a worthwhile plot to justify buying it or to make the run memorable past the premise.

I have the newest Fire HDX 8.9 and it works perfectly for me. The smaller screen size is offset by the resolution (339 ppi / 2560 x 1600), comics look fantastic on it. The price point on it is perfect for me, as all I use it for is web browsing, comixology, and reading ebooks from the library via Overdrive.

Yeah, I've got a Samsung Nook tab. But I want to upgrade to something bigger. Especially if I'm going to go 100% digital for my comics.

You're not going to give up hardcovers though right?

Pfffffft. Little chance of that happening. I need dat Image quality in my life.

But oof, I just had to pay $56 shipped for Aphrodite IX Complete hardcover. I should have bought it from IST when they had it for $29, but now IST and Amazon are both sold out, so I had to grab it from Midtown.

Messi

Pfffffft. Little chance of that happening. I need dat Image quality in my life.

But oof, I just had to pay $56 shipped for Aphrodite IX Complete hardcover. I should have bought it from IST when they had it for $29, but now IST and Amazon are both sold out, so I had to grab it from Midtown.

I got it for $29. I might just send Sejic the other $23 as I feel like I ripped him off.

Zombine

Banned
Idk why us tall people bother with sports cars. There's next to no way for us to look slick getting out of them. I bust myself every time I get in and out of mine.

Idk why us tall people bother. There's next to no way for us to look slick.

Quite true.

In other news, Copra is... weird. As in, sometimes it appears to be excellent, and other times i dunno what the dude is trying to do with the artwork and all the words.

In other other news, making baguettes de tradition française is a bit harder than expected.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Which of the Sandman collections is the best to buy?

Omnibus editions. There's two and they're really well done, unlike the Absolute editions. Only downside is the edges of the paper used in the omnibus edition have this beautiful black shimmer that kind of rubbed off onto my fingers as I put my finger across them.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah, but they're shit. Most of the editions used foolish fucking glue binding, and they tend to fall apart while reading.

Green Lantern #rest-of-the-omnibus: Well, that's done. Didn't really enjoy it. Sinestro Corps War was just one long fight scene. It was as boring and tiring as Man of Steel's last half hour. I would rate the omnibus an overall 4 sillymonkeys our of 10. Special low points of the comics include the exposition filled recaps in every issue, bioware type character motivation dumps in dialogue and Superboy prime (who is this and why is he so angsty).

Now I need to try to unload the book, I don't want it sitting on my shelf.

Which of the Sandman collections is the best to buy?

My preference is the the 4 Absolute Editions but the 2 Omnibuses are also really nice.

The absolute ones are easy to find on Amazon.

InstockTrades is a better option if you are in the US. Amazon has atrocious packaging and you can expect your books to be damaged in some form. Cheaper too. 4 Absolutes are about $230 and the 2 Omnibuses are about $175.

Top Bottom