• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

tim1138

Ok I'm not going to lie...that really is the best.

Can't disagree with either.

If you don't like the Sandlot, you either have no soul or might be clinically dead.

Rudy is pretty awesome as well.

Rudy is definitely awesome. I'm also partial to Major League, Bull Durham, the Natural (although the book is better), the Basketball Diaries, and Cool Runnings. I definitely have a bias towards baseball movies though.

My brother read my ballad in here. The pressure keeps mounting. It's hard hard to put into words, but she makes me feel like Steve Trevor. My heart has been washed ashore of an island full of buttery toasted buns and "my pleasures."

Owzers

Who is this Sodam Yat character? Why was he being pushed as much as Hollywood has been trying to push Renner?

Though seriously. When was he introduced? Was he a big character for a while?

I think he was in a previous event...Sinestro Corps War was the first time i saw him, i didn't fully appreciate him until Final Crisis Legion of Three Worlds and then his Blackest Night tie-in issues.

advc_5_dylux-6-copy.jpg

Messi

I didn't think Anna would be so superficial, I mean bowl cut green jumpsuit Doc Ock is still the same guy.

I imagine peter to be quite attractive at that age. We she was in love with his mind after all. She deserves better than what slott is doing right now though.

Though seriously. When was he introduced? Was he a big character for a while?

He was introduced as part of Crisis on Infinite Earths and then returned as a major play in Infinite Crisis. He's was the Kal-El of Earth-Prime, which in the pre-Crisis DC world was the real world. He was one of the survivors of the Crisis that went into a pocket dimension along with Earth-Two Superman and Lois along with the good son of Lex Luther from Earth-Three. Except then as time past everyone there went a bit nuts and they broke out and caused Infinite Crisis and the restoration of the multiverse.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I love Slott simply for his and Allred's Silver Surfer run. Those are some amazing space adventure-y ass comics

Messi

I never understood the waifu thing until I found Dawn Greenwood.

ladybug spots all day, erryday

I love Slott simply for his and Allred's Silver Surfer run. Those are some amazing space adventure-y ass comics

Dawn is such an amazing creation. She gives me hope and the sense of wonder that comes from her is just fantastic. This is what comics are all about for me. It is a great big adventure book and we are along for the ride.

I refuse to believe Slott is a bad writer. Not after this. I just think he is maybe out of gas on Spider-Man but doesn't want to give it up as it is his dream job.

I refuse to believe Slott is a bad writer. Not after this. I just think he is maybe out of gas on Spider-Man but doesn't want to give it up as it is his dream job.

This is basically it for me. I don't think Slott is bad, I just think he's been on Spider-Man a very long time, with the book double shipping most of that time. It's time for somebody else to get a shot.

I genuinely don't know who though. Fraction was my go-to pick but we've lost him to TV now.

I really liked what I read of Silver Surfer. I should get Volume 2 some time.

As much as i like Dawn, and i like her a lot, i'd be hard pressed to call her an amazing creation. She's a mary sue, and flagrantly so. Just so happens that she's a mary sue tailor made for our tastes.

He was introduced as part of Crisis on Infinite Earths and then returned as a major play in Infinite Crisis. He's was the Kal-El of Earth-Prime, which in the pre-Crisis DC world was the real world. He was one of the survivors of the Crisis that went into a pocket dimension along with Earth-Two Superman and Lois along with the good son of Lex Luther from Earth-Three. Except then as time past everyone there went a bit nuts and they broke out and caused Infinite Crisis and the restoration of the multiverse.

Cool, thanks. I should read Crisis on Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis sometime. They have always been a bit daunting because they look like they were written for someone who has a lot of DC reading under their belt.

Also, this 51 parallel earths the Guardians keep referring to in GL. Is that somehow related to the 'New 52' name?

tim1138

This is basically it for me. I don't think Slott is bad, I just think he's been on Spider-Man a very long time, with the book double shipping most of that time. It's time for somebody else to get a shot.

I genuinely don't know who though. Fraction was my go-to pick but we've lost him to TV now.

I really liked what I read of Silver Surfer. I should get Volume 2 some time.

Fraction was done with Marvel long before Sex Criminals was picked up for television.

Getting booted from Inhumans was probably the final nail in the coffin for his work at Marvel, which I'm perfectly fine with since I have a hunch his rejected pitch for that was turned into ODY-C.

Y'know, was reading an interview trying to get into exactly why Fraction's Inhumans didn't pan out, reading alonso's words, and then it hit me that Hickman would most likely be a pretty decent fit for a chief editor seat. He already was backseat editing with his marvel writing, setting up deadlines for other writers and the like, all the while building a very long and mostly cohesive narrative. Would quite like to see what the man could pull off in such a role.

Doubt he'd give the OK to Axis, for one >__>
--

Embarrassed that it took me seven issues to realize that Francis Castillo is a direct lift from Frank Castle.

I was thinking of picking up The Wolf Among Us on the steam sale. Anyone here know if it contains all 5 episodes? Does the story wrap-up at the end of episode 5 or is there some cliff-hanger heading into the next season?

I was thinking of picking up The Wolf Among Us on the steam sale. Anyone here know if it contains all 5 episodes? Does the story wrap-up at the end of episode 5 or is there some cliff-hanger heading into the next season?

i played it on PS3, so can't answer you about steam.

it's more or less a self contained story, though there is a very minor cliffhanger with a mystery left unsolved at the end of the final episode. nothing to worry about.

Cool, thanks. I should read Crisis on Infinite Earths and Infinite Crisis sometime. They have always been a bit daunting because they look like they were written for someone who has a lot of DC reading under their belt.

Also, this 51 parallel earths the Guardians keep referring to in GL. Is that somehow related to the 'New 52' name?

Yes, the post-Infinite Crisis multiverse had 52 universes. Then post-Flashpoint we had the New 52 which was a soft reboot but still 52 universes.

i played it on PS3, so can't answer you about steam.

it's more or less a self contained story, though there is a very minor cliffhanger with a mystery left unsolved at the end of the final episode. nothing to worry about.

Thanks. I asked in the steam sale thread, looks like it contains all 5 episodes.

Yes, the post-Infinite Crisis multiverse had 52 universes. Then post-Flashpoint we had the New 52 which was a soft reboot but still 52 universes.

Just put a hold on Crisis on Infinite Earths at my library. Will have to track down Infinite Crisis and Flashpoint related books. I see they were written by Johns too. I am not buying those books without reading them first.

Also put a hold on what ever this is. Sounded fun.

tim1138

Thanks. I asked in the steam sale thread, looks like it contains all 5 episodes.

Just put a hold on Crisis on Infinite Earths at my library. Will have to track down Infinite Crisis and Flashpoint related books. I see they were written by Johns too. I am not buying those books without reading them first.

Also put a hold on what ever this is. Sounded fun.

Just a heads up, CoIE is pretty dense and not at all new reader friendly

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
All right guys. I had a bit too much to drink for the first time in a while.

You know what that means.

Time for some requests for drawings.

Top Bottom