• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Messi

Nope.

There are also no issues of Batwoman after Blackman and Williams left. You'd think DC would have tried to find a replacement for such a superstar creative team.

Some of the post Blackman stuff is good but not at the level of the blackman stuff but it decends into useless muck.

Back to catching up on my MU reading. Hmm some xmen annual about Eva bell. Hmm I don't recall anyone ever talking about this character in this thread before. ;)

Fantastic 2 parter with one in each book (All new and Uncanny). Stunning art and to me a really emotional story.

Real talk. We should talk about comics more often.

Messi

It deteriorates the longer it goes on until you're scratching your head at Batwoman in space with a bunch of shitty C-listers.

Absolutely. The space stuff is Race of Thieves level of bad without the shitty Nocenti charm to save it. But I really dug the vampire stuff.

Messi

That perfect ending
in a bad situation created by dc

Untitled-16.jpg

Just beautiful.

Absolutely. The space stuff is Race of Thieves level of bad without the shitty Nocenti charm to save it. But I really dug the vampire stuff.

The vampire stuff wasn't terrible. But that whole social media outcry over alleged mind-control rape kind of soured me on the whole thing. Just like the Albuquerque Batgirl cover.

Owzers

Fantastic 2 parter with one in each book (All new and Uncanny). Stunning art and to me a really emotional story.

Real talk. We should talk about comics more often.

What issues were the two parter story in? I enjoy reading things too.

Messi

What issues were the two parter story in? I enjoy reading things too.

They were the annuals for All new and Uncanny X-Men.

The lead up to the annual in Uncanny #17
was that the new mutants were sent to the savage land by Cyclops to test their abilities and during that Eva bell uses her power and just disappears and comes back a page or two later with long hair and is all cut up. She tells the stepfords that she knows they can read her mind and what happened to her and to please not tell anyone.
Months later we get these two amazing annuals.

4265341-01.jpg
4289911-01.jpg

Heres a link to the page where Eva returns in Uncanny (its the page I bought from Bachalo :p )
http://s13.postimg.org/mqv60m2uv/015.jpg

Those annuals still haven't been collected in trades, have they? I need it. I'll double dip and buy digital if that ends up being the only way to preserve them FOREVER.

Also, is that Aphrodite IX Complete book out of print already? IST and Amazon are both OOS. They had it for like, a week.

Messi

Those annuals still haven't been collected in trades, have they? I need it. I'll double dip and buy digital if that ends up being the only way to preserve them FOREVER.

Also, is that Aphrodite IX Complete book out of print already? IST and Amazon are both OOS. They had it for like, a week.

I got mine from IST 2 weeks ago.

its on Amazon UK, 2 copies left for 24.99 pounds

Listen as your day unfolds, challenge what the future holds
Try and keep your head up to the sky
Lovers they may cause you tears
Go ahead release your fears, stand up and be counted
Don't be ashamed to cry

You gotta be
You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together
All I know, all I know, love will save the day....

Listen as your day unfolds, challenge what the future holds
Try and keep your head up to the sky
Lovers they may cause you tears
Go ahead release your fears, stand up and be counted
Don't be ashamed to cry

You gotta be
You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser
You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger
You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together
All I know, all I know, love will save the day....

nooooooooooooooo

So are we gonna get Eva solo after Secret Wars.
Or do we have to riot.

I don't know, I'm starting to think Eva exists only as Bendis' deus ex machina to put everything back the way it was before his run. He's always been good at "putting all the toys back in the toybox" at the end of the day.

Had to call in sick from work for the second part of the day. Came home to read some comics, unfortunately I decided to continue to read Green Lantern.

Green Lantern #15 - #21: I am coming to the conclusion that Johns is a bad writer, maybe even as bad as Bendis on GOTG. (I agree that may be unfair comment based on just reading one of his works. Maybe, like Bendis, there's other stuff of his that is decent.) While my issues with Bendis are that he seems to strip any individuality from his characters, Johns looks to be trying to distill each character down to one shtick. Some of the imagery reads like recruitment posters for a police department or the marines aimed towards teens (or a bad 'Murica meme). Looks at this stuff.

And there's stuff like this. I've seen similar statements from police PR departments. "Y'all don't know what we face out there". What ethical code? Hal Jordan beats up everyone. Tortures people. What is his code?

And poor Cowgirl with a broken spine.

The Star Sapphire issues were quite bad too.

The only redeeming bits in these issues were maybe the origin stories for a couple of the yellow lanterns.

Zombine

Banned
Eva goes from a teenage Austrailian to some kind of
indigenous middle age woman who had a secret kid or some shit.
Thanks Bendis.

Top Bottom