• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Eva goes from a teenage Austrailian to some kind of indigenous middle age woman who had a secret kid or some shit. Thanks Bendis.

OMG spoilers, bro.

But seriously, the
time-travel angle was brilliant because it was sandwiched within the events of a single issue of Uncanny X-Men from quite some time ago.
I loved it.

Im so happy that in 2015 I am still getting Astro City comics. Busiek is so great with this series. Just read #22 which had the starman/Adam strange homage character. Great stuff

Messi

OMG spoilers, bro.

But seriously, the
time-travel angle was brilliant because it was sandwiched within the events of a single issue of Uncanny X-Men from quite some time ago.
I loved it.

Yep Uncanny #17. My personal fave issue of that series so far. But I doubt they will top it with what is left.

It is. But I think I love the one shot issues the most. They're so well done you really get the sense of the characters when it's done.
Yep and the world. Its so melancholy and thoughtful, like a rainy Nova Scotia day. It's like The Busy World of Richard Scary for grown ups.

tim1138

It is. But I think I love the one shot issues the most. They're so well done you really get the sense of the characters when it's done.

Yep and the world. Its so melancholy and thoughtful, like a rainy Nova Scotia day. It's like The Busy World of Richard Scary for grown ups.

Yep and yep. The issue about the Silver Adept's assistant is probably my favorite of the current run. Although I am liking the most current arc that just started a lot as well.

As far as arcs the Quarrel & Crakerjack one was probably my favorite. Loved the Canary/Green Arrow homage and the dynamics of their history and them dealing with getting old in the cape world was great

tim1138

Can someone avatar this for me?

Thanks!

Animal_Man_0007.jpg

tim1138

As far as arcs the Quarrel & Crakerjack one was probably my favorite. Loved the Canary/Green Arrow homage and the dynamics of their history and them dealing with getting old in the cape world was great

If you're not caught up I'm not gonna spoil the newest arc, but it's definitely in my wheel house.

Getting some heavy Constantine vibes off Kipling. Guessing this is another Zauriel situation?

I'm liking doom patrol more than anything else Morrison has written that I've read (JLA, Batman, FC). Morrison's work is actually pretty good when it's not bogged down to obscure continuity references and sloppy cross overs.

frye

Johns looks to be trying to distill each character down to one shtick.

I like those Green Lantern comics (or at least I did when I read 'em; no desire to go back) but this is Geoff Johns 101 and you can see him doing a version of it in everything he writes

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I don't get the hate on Moon Knight after Ellis left? I've really enjoyed what I've read thus far.

Yup! Unfortunately, this is the truth everywhere. And I can see why. Why would you bite the hand that feeds you?

I'd argue its not the truth but rather a strongly enforced mentality although the difference likely depends on your opinion. Biting the hand that feeds you wouldnt be criticizing your publisher btw It would be criticizing/attacking your fans/consumer base. The publishers only exist because of the demand created by the consumers. Publishers as the 'hand that feeds' is kind of a supply side idea. One that needs to die.

Marvel/DC arent the bosses of any creator except their exclusively contracted ones and editorial staff. Marvel/DC are clients and many creators are incorporated. A creator collective must be able to spread information among itself and others who may care in order to curtail poor behavior from bad publishers/clients. Information needs to flow freely for the industry to have good power balance between the contracted creators and the publishers.

Marvel/DC arent automatically bad clients because of those clauses, but given their respective histories in treating some creatives poorly, I'm certainly inclined to question this practice.

Depends on whether you're providing constructive criticism.

Which also depends on how thin-skinned upper management is. And on phrasing.

Overall a very risky move with very little chance of reward.
To be clear Im not talking about creative differences but rather treatment and payment of its contracted creators. Companies seek to control the conversation among its contracted creators. Limit criticism and limit conversation. That way there is no free flowing information between them.

I'd argue that your income as a private matter is one that only helps employers. Limit the possibility that someone gets the idea that they should be getting paid more and reap the benefits of lower labor cost.

Exactly.

Also if one is just gonna get outraged immediately with no thought on repercussions (and not just your own) then good luck. Because it won't end well. Study your targets I mean foes I mean employers.
I agree that something like JMS blowing up at Joey Q after OMD should be kept in house, but can you imagine if creators were not allowed to disclose anything the public might see as fucked up. The kind of clauses in the contracts that guy was talking about only serve Marvel/DC. Not the creators and certainly not the consumers of the ultimate product.

so here is the wes craig green lantern variant for Flash and uh

bottom right corner is not gonna see print is it

Haha, that's awesome. I'd love an art print of this. Okay, wait. Who else is in the background aside from Galactus and Surfer?

I see Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Ambush Bug, Orion, Mr. Mxyzptlk, and Mister Miracle?

Top Bottom