• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

E the Shaggy

I got the Inferno Crossover Omnibus for like $15 and man, I don't think anyone ever caught on to how fucked up Power Pack was.

Their parents discover their secret identities and it drives them to literal insanity. The only way to bring them back is to make them forget they ever knew. It's some weird stuff.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Read Runaways and Thors so far.

Thors is great. Perfect fusion of superhero story and a cop show. Great use of multiversal different Thors.
Groot-Thor
is obviously the best.

Runaways is pretty good, I'm still a little miffed that the team is so different but the story mostly makes up for it. I dig the art, and am excited to see where they go with it.

Mudcrab

Read Runaways and Thors so far.

Thors is great. Perfect fusion of superhero story and a cop show. Great use of multiversal different Thors.
Groot-Thor
is obviously the best.

Runaways is pretty good, I'm still a little miffed that the team is so different but the story mostly makes up for it. I dig the art, and am excited to see where they go with it.

You're getting me hyped man. Been wanting another good Runaways series for a long time.

This is why Zero is "best-selling" no matter how much we laugh at that.

Is it? I've looked at the last six months and it broke into the Top 300 trades one time at around 1000 copies and then fell off every other month with the bottom of the list being around 300 trades. That doesn't suggest "best-selling".

Messi

Black Canary is the only one I picked up. Sorry Messi, Harley and PG did not make the cut.

Freeza, get my list.

I can't believe Cheska heel turned on Power Girl

Me and freeza like

tumblr_n8k4ijGFj41qd2nklo1_400.gif

ElNarez

Banned
Martian Manhunter is fucking weird but in a great way. It's got this pretty twisted sci-fi mystery thing, with a really neat horror twist and cool ideas, and then it also has a goddamn Chocos reference. I liked it a bunch.

ElNarez

Banned
Prez is just going hard for that satire angle, firing in every direction, and then bringing in some excellent pun work.

Pharmaduke
is probably the character find of 2015 so far.

Oh no! Mega Man comic going "on hiatus". :(
Bullshit! Although, it's not really a bad thing. I started the comic at the whole "Brother vs. Brother" arc with Gamma and whatnot (most of it is easy to pick up on since I'm a fan of the games). At least this will give me a chance to catch up with the collections. Does anyone know if Archie's hardcovers are good? Because my LCS wasn't carrying any of the Mega Man hardcovers and I'd like to pick those up.
Podcast with Sean Gordon Murphy (about actual comics, not Star Trek)

http://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel-1-sean-murphy-on-the-business-of-comics/

There's also an interesting survey on the site

http://sktchd.com/longform/whats-the-life-of-a-comic-artist-like/

I like Murphy, since he often talked about business on his blog, it was an interesting read.

Oooooo we gon listen to this

Cheska

Whoo Annihilation Conquest~ My collection grows though I still haven't grabbed the DnA GoTG completes yet

I ordered that too! \(゚ー゚\

I implore anyone on the fence to potentially get it now rather than waiting. The Annihilation omnibus now goes for $225...

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Podcast with Sean Gordon Murphy (about actual comics, not Star Trek)

http://sktchd.com/podcast/off-panel-1-sean-murphy-on-the-business-of-comics/

There's also an interesting survey on the site

http://sktchd.com/longform/whats-the-life-of-a-comic-artist-like/

I like Murphy, since he often talked about business on his blog, it was an interesting read.

Some interesting details in there...

He might do an arc of Batman with Scott Snyder next year. He'd love to do a followup to Punk Rock Jesus at Image if he had the full rights.

He's certainly frank about a lot of things.

I should probably check out Punk Rock Jesus, I love Murphy's art and he has a great approach to the industry.

Edit: Smart thoughts about variants regarding the decision by Remender and Murphy to ditch them on Tokyo Ghost. Image talked to them about how variants, while they would certainly sell on #1s in particular, they make it harder for creators and retailers to actually tell how many genuine readers there are, making it tricky to handle orders for followup issues.

Top Bottom