• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Dead

well not really...yet
What are the chances we get a DC Amanda Connor-verse

Power Girl, Terra, Supergirl (dem Wednesday Comics), Harley Quinn and Co., plus Starfire now

Make it a monthly ongoing

Mudcrab

Oh man, 2016 is going to be a good year for gaming. :D

No lies detected.

Gimmie that Cuphead.

03_by_mcmemie-d8xibl2.gif

Owzers

I'm thinking about making a separate community thread for people to discuss comic books, is there any interest in that? Is anyone interested in reading comics and then talking about them?

I can't make the thread tonight because i didn't read any comics today so all i'd be able to discuss is the Warriors winning tonight, that's why i post here.

PsychBat!

Banned
it was civilized at first, then the next hour is nothing but flared tempers and shit. It's certainly something to remember. It's our podcast so I'll upload it soon.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm thinking about making a separate community thread for people to discuss comic books, is there any interest in that? Is anyone interested in reading comics and then talking about them?

I can't make the thread tonight because i didn't read any comics today so all i'd be able to discuss is the Warriors winning tonight, that's why i post here.

You're joking but...yes pls :(

PsychBat!

Banned
yeah i might as well accept it. Nintendo had a really lackluster event at E3. What really got my goat was that expectations ran high and there were awful reactions. Inexcusable.

Tizoc

I am legit shook.
Of all the things to end E3 with
sqr5D4R.jpg

But eh I'm a blind optimist, but on the one hand there's IDW D&D and there's Orcstain.
In retrospect though, what we did get from them are still good.

Only if you agree to read the books I like. Otherwise, pass.

I wonder why they kept the left third of that gif static.
Because they're bad at gif
But why do artificial/pureblood heartless turn other people in to pureblood/artificial? Does it vary?

lol
Heartless turn people into Heartless. I think it depends on how they get turned or by what kind of Heartless they get turned that dictates it.
Nearly all touching moments coming from disney properties ain't no coincidence. As soon as Nomura tries to insert his creations into the story it turns to muck. Dude thinks he can spin a narrative supported solely by rule of cool. Bleah

Here's hoping that there wont be a Gummi Ship this time.
Gummi Ship had a purpose. In the first game, it made you feel like you were actually traveling to the worlds, which was a cool feeling. As opposed to a world map. Made the universe feel more...connected, in a way. In KH2, they were just super fun shooter sections that I enjoyed.

Honestly, I don't expect a Gummi Ship segment this time, but who knows. I also would never have called transforming keyblades, but since Nomura sees fit to radically alter lore constantly, the rules don't fucking matter anymore.

At least a company like Platinum embraces ridiculousness. Nomura tries to spin all of it into some kind of philosophical life lesson. It doesn't work that way.
it spiraled
tumblr_nlh3olZjyb1qlqsnio1_500-1430494442.gif

Messi

We should be good now that the NBA finals is over and E3s Co confs are over. Well I hope so. Plus it's Wednesday.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
dying to start a new series, but everything i want to read is only ALMOST finished

any thoughts on which to start / which might end soonest?

• Prophet
  • Chew
  • The Sixth Gun

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
People talk about a cliffhanger at the end of Trees #8, but I'm not sure what that's even supposed to be.

Anyway still thinking about that book... so good.

People talk about a cliffhanger at the end of Trees #8, but I'm not sure what that's even supposed to be.

Anyway still thinking about that book... so good.

My only complaint is that they
ended the Shen romance angle pretty abruptly and for obvious reasons. What was the point? Unless they're going to bring the dude back to life as some angle to do with the spores

dying to start a new series, but everything i want to read is only ALMOST finished

any thoughts on which to start / which might end soonest?

• Prophet
  • Chew
  • The Sixth Gun

Chew ends at 60 I think. So another year or so. I read it in trades but it started losing a bit of steam for me at about vol 7. I am waiting for it to be complete too.

You know, it's nice and all that they changed the worst line in Batgirl #37 for the trade, but the art there is still a bit iffy and ideally Babs would have used "they" instead of "he" on the very next page.

Messi

You know, it's nice and all that they changed the worst line in Batgirl #37 for the trade, but the art there is still a bit iffy and ideally Babs would have used "they" instead of "he" on the very next page.

I don't remember, can you remind me what the worst line was?

Black Canary was so fantastic.

I was legit mad that
her shows kept getting ruined.

That's top tier and economical storytelling at its finest. Fletcher/Stewart/Cloonan for new DC EIC.

Just read Black Canary as well, and just like the preview, I really loved it. Wu's art with Loughridge's colors is perfect for the tone of the book and I can't praise it enough. The use of colors during Dinah's screams is seriously brilliant.

The story is definitely different than what you would expect from the preview as well. Very interested in seeing where this goes in future issues. Very strong start.

Messi

It was "But you're a--" after the mask came off. It was changed to "So you're the--".

Oh I do remember that. It was terrible the first time :/

Hitch's JLA is THE BOMB. Like, yeah, it's not the most original story, but Hitch draws the fuck out of it. It rules.

Can I jump in here and not feel lost? I'd love to follow the main DC story.

I bought Martian Manhunter due to the art. I really hope I didn't fuck up.

Owzers

Only if you agree to read the books I like. Otherwise, pass.

No DC talk allowed. Starfire #1 is the only DC first issue i gave a pre-order for as a trial.I would have chose Black Canary too but co-writer of Batgirl, a book i don't think is written well, didn't sell me on it.

dcbs order arrives Friday, I will read things soon.

Top Bottom