• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Zombine

Banned
simpsons_nelson_haha1-1.jpg

Cade

PC Conference is the best because it made me realize that no matter what EA Ubisoft and Nintendo did, the bar can always be lowered

Cheska

Harley Pee Gee Roux variant is totes adorbz.

8tfP3dDh.jpg

So excited that he is doing the interiors.

That is ridiculously cute! Buuuut, I kind of feel like I'm experiencing Harley fatigue. I liked the issues with the two of them, but I don't want to get burned out on the team.

That is ridiculously cute! Buuuut, I kind of feel like I'm experiencing Harley fatigue. I liked the issues with the two of them, but I don't want to get burned out on the team.

I'm not even sure Cheska likes comics anymore. I think she just comes around once in a while to humor us. :(

Messi

Have you read Bloodspell?

Messi has definitely read Bloodspell

I have definitely read Bloodspell

ComicGAF art buddies (plus Zombeen) own 3 of the pages from it.

But its only 6 issues. I do understand what you are saying though. They are really hammering out the Harley issues/specials and now this team up. That said, I am still enjoying them so far and as long as the quality stays at the level is at I have no problem with it.

I'm not even sure Cheska likes comics anymore. I think she just comes around once in a while to humor us. :(

401nfFh.gif

I enjoyed the PC conference, I wasn't expecting Valve or any new major 3rd party announcements but I was still pleasantly surprised. Dirtybomb looks interesting and so did the astronaut game.

PC gaming is a wild frontier now with early access and we're seeing more and more original, interesting ideas. As an added bonus, practically 90% of the games announced or shown at other conferences aside from Nintendo are coming to pc anyways.

Cheska

tumblr_m4usvlwJE71rnbfo1o1_500.gif

I actually had a two hour google hangout on Sunday doing nothing but talking about comics haha. ComicGAF needs to revive that group talk! Let's do it :D

But its only 6 issues. I do understand what you are saying though. They are really hammering out the Harley issues/specials and now this team up. That said, I am still enjoying them so far and as long as the quality stays at the level is at I have no problem with it.

Yeah, I get it. It's why I'm hesitating with whether or not I want to pick up the issue tomorrow, but I think my love for Palmiotti/Connor will push me over the edge.

Is it me or Kam shorter than the taxi?
Hm. I just loaded up the models, and at zero position the roof of the Crown Vic model reaches Kamala's collarbone. Google says the Crown Vic was 56.7" tall, and Kamala is supposed to be 64.0" tall when she's not embiggening.

So, if anything, my Kamala might be too tall. :(

Also the street in the model I used slopes upward so the taxi is at a higher point.

Mudcrab

I enjoyed the PC conference, I wasn't expecting Valve or any new major 3rd party announcements but I was still pleasantly surprised. Dirtybomb looks interesting and so did the astronaut game.

PC gaming is a wild frontier now with early access and we're seeing more and more original, interesting ideas. As an added bonus, practically 90% of the games announced or shown at other conferences aside from Nintendo are coming to pc anyways.

So did I. The only way to make it shorter is to cut down on the guests. They had 29 people come on and gave them each about 5 minutes.

No Man's Sky releasing day and date on PC with PS4 is nice news too.

Shadow Warrior 2 is a bit of a dream come true, going by the gameplay trailer. It'll prolly deliver even more than D4.

Best e3 in ages.

So I was shocked
appalled
to find out that MODOK Assassin is only a mini.

Can't even imagine a writer being capable of pumping out that thing for a straight year without it going stale. Nay sir, short and sweet it shall be.

Half-Life 2 wasn't even that good, brah

No lies detected.

Don't feel (too) bad, i did that once too. Sed sod allathat when they start using seven thousand names with X.

I mean, seriously, if you got an npc called Xehanort, you taking the piss.
And then... Xemnas, Xigbar, Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Saïx, Axel, Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene e Roxas... which shows that it ain't only comics that's in very dire need of proper editorial standards.

Messi

tumblr_m4usvlwJE71rnbfo1o1_500.gif

I actually had a two hour google hangout on Sunday doing nothing but talking about comics haha. ComicGAF needs to revive that group talk! Let's do it :D

Yeah, I get it. It's why I'm hesitating with whether or not I want to pick up the issue tomorrow, but I think my love for Palmiotti/Connor will push me over the edge.

I am not saying your membership in the club depends on it....but it kind of does.

I promise it will be good. You could drop the special issues they do instead. While good I don't find them as fun as the solo series. But then you would miss the sirens cross country roadtrip in August.

Harley Pee Gee will probably make a lovely trade though.

I do think you will cave though, you love harley too much :p

You kind of have to. The PG issues were easily the best of Harley's solo series thus far.

Yep, I am also a big fan of issue #2. Its my fave issue. Its the first Ivy issue and its the one where they rescue all the animals.

Again.
I do not like this, Sam I am
the story though....I'm still looking forward to it, i like donald and goofy being my battle bros.
Dats what it's all about homie
KH story is bad. That KH3 trailer was pretty emblematic of the series. Bad dialogue and plot set up followed by some amazing gameplay.

Who the hell wrote/designed the story? Nomura? I enjoy the games but Square Enix has not had good writing in ages. I really enjoyed the story in ff7, ff8, and fx. No clue if those stand up to the fact Im not 14 anymore but I enjoyed them whereas I could always tell KH was thin story wise.
Nomura did. And yes, the story is bad. Primarily because it tries to be more complicated than it is. Granted, it has some cool ideas, and some moments that should hit hard on an emotional level. They miss because the story is so convoluted, so you're not sure why exactly you should be feeling a certain way.

3D and BbS amplify that problem tenfold
Honestly, I got lost with what the difference was between artificial heartless and pureblood heartless, more specifically on how they were created. Then I was in a world of hurt.
Pureblood are naturally occurring, artificial are created and controlled. Basically, the really unique, world-specific ones (centaurs in the Land of Dragons, pirate ships in Neverland, etc.) are artificial. Pureblood are the common ones. Basically, it gives a reason as to why some occur everywhere and others don't.
How is Justice League Dark? I have been craving some Zatanna recently.
I really enjoyed the first two volumes. It's exactly as it should be (a dark Justice League that deals with the supernatural and everyone is messed up). After that it gets caught up in Forever Evil and it gets a bit messy. As far as Zatanna goes, her primary character arc begins and ends at a will-they-won't-they with Constantine. I was rather disappointed on that notion. That said, she's super badass.
So I was shocked
appalled
to find out that MODOK Assassin is only a mini.
Forreal tho

PsychBat!

Banned
Pureblood are naturally occurring, artificial are created and controlled. Basically, the really unique, world-specific ones (centaurs in the Land of Dragons, pirate ships in Neverland, etc.) are artificial. Pureblood are the common ones. Basically, it gives a reason as to why some occur everywhere and others don't.
But why do artificial/pureblood heartless turn other people in to pureblood/artificial? Does it vary?

lol

Nomura did. And yes, the story is bad. Primarily because it tries to be more complicated than it is. Granted, it has some cool ideas, and some moments that should hit hard on an emotional level. They miss because the story is so convoluted, so you're not sure why exactly you should be feeling a certain way.

3D and BbS amplify that problem tenfold

Nearly all touching moments coming from disney properties ain't no coincidence. As soon as Nomura tries to insert his creations into the story it turns to muck. Dude thinks he can spin a narrative supported solely by rule of cool. Bleah

Here's hoping that there wont be a Gummi Ship this time.

mreddie

Hm. I just loaded up the models, and at zero position the roof of the Crown Vic model reaches Kamala's collarbone. Google says the Crown Vic was 56.7" tall, and Kamala is supposed to be 64.0" tall when she's not embiggening.

So, if anything, my Kamala might be too tall. :(

Also the street in the model I used slopes upward so the taxi is at a higher point.

So the way it's viewed then? Maybe you have Kamala have long limbs?

Top Bottom