• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Messi

Don't feel bad; I hear some people can't even get past the loading screen.

vYgPmI8.gif

I just missed a ramp. No biggie.

Edit: I think I get it now. This is a PC joke. Right?

Give it to me straight JC. Am I going to be happy or mad I spend the next five hours getting Riddler trophies?

itsfuckingnothing.png

they might as well just said "welp thanks for playing suckaaaaaaaa *booker T theme song plays* pls buy the DLC to see what happens next"

Give it to me straight JC. Am I going to be happy or mad I spend the next five hours getting Riddler trophies?

Dude, Arkham City was the only batman game with some sort of riddler payoff, and even then it was pretty dang passable. Why would you expect otherwise?

Do them cuz they mildly fun mini-puzzles.

So was the Arkham Knight
Jason Todd
despite Rocksteady swearing up and down it's a brand new character?

yes its exactly who everybody fuckin thought it was. Like I'm not even gonna spoil it, you take 3 seconds to guess who the Arkham Knight is, you got it in one.

"but see the Arkham Knight, that name ya know, its totally brand new hurr hurr"

tim1138

yes its exactly who everybody fuckin thought it was. Like I'm not even gonna spoil it, you take 3 seconds to guess who the Arkham Knight is, you got it in one.

"but see the Arkham Knight, that name ya know, its totally brand new hurr hurr"

Rocksteady plz

I had fun with the other Arkham games but after seeing the impressions here I feel ok about skipping this one

Owzers

Hmmmm Arkham Knight does not make a good first impression. I do dislike the batmobile tank stuff and the story is another " this is why Gotham is empty, it's totally not because making empty open world games is easier"

Messi

Hmmmm Arkham Knight does not make a good first impression. I do dislike the batmobile tank stuff and the story is another " this is why Gotham is empty, it's totally not because making empty open world games is easier"

I am loving it. Thought the opening was incredible, not a fan of the tank but it's fine. Story stuff has been awesome so far.

Zombine

Banned
The tank gameplay is seriously awful, and it seems like the puzzles in Arkham Knight (especially any of them involving the car) are obtuse for the sake of being so. I sat there confused as shit during the
power plant mission where you rescue the workers
trying to figure out what the hell I do. The mission doesn't flow well at all.

That said, I do like it a lot, but I have noticed some fumbles. I think the dialogue is a bit more hammy as well.

Overall I thought it was a very slick, solid game, and I'm probably gonna check out dat Batgirl DLC if I hear that's good, too.

Fuck dem racetracks and the Batmobile skins tho, you can hold dat shit, Rocksteady

MG310

Picked up some new figures today. I was originally going to order a case thinking Bulldozer might be fairly hard to find but found a full set today. They also had the 4 inch tall Antman with the giant flying ant which I might pick up at some point.

Messi

I like that Siege is taking characters sent to the Shield in other Secret Wars tie-ins and giving them their own series.

Yeah that's pretty cool.

I just finished reading Planet Hulk 1 & 2. Those are some ridiculous and fun books. The whole thing is just so out there. Art is good to great. The covers are absolutely stunning. I think I will finish this one as it comes out. I usually don't like Hulk but this has been a fun read.

Yo guy, I know this was posted, but it was when the thread was only 15 pages. Now it's over 200 and I want to remind people bishoptl's kickstarter Savage Empire is nearing the end. The project still needs a little more support to succeed. If you don't know or haven't donated, now's the time to do it.

imaged8xgl.jpg

imagexzzzm.jpg

imageo7apa.jpg

imagevtxcb.jpg

image36a62.jpg

I'ma try Pizza Hut's Hot Dog Bites Pizza cuz that shit looks mad tasty and also impractical looking.

Pizza-Hut-Hot-Dog-Bites-Pizza-Available-Beginning-At-11-am-June-18.jpg

So how do I hold the pizza? I gotta find out.

Messi

I got a pizza in pizza hut last year and it had turtles on the box. Pretty sure the crust had sauce in it. Not sure how I feel about that. My friend bought it so he could use the bathroom. We were like an hour from home. I ate all the pizza. He doesn't like pizza. I also had a Baja blast that I got from a store with it, I remember that being pretty sweet. Positive day I think. Oh and I never paid him for the pizza. I think the pizza was like $10 but it was pretty huge.

It was in Florida

I didn't know if it was store policy or something and I wasn't gonna question it as I wanted the pizza. Free pizza is always good.

When telling a strange tale that occurred in Florida, always start with "Once in Florida...".

Then everybody will instantly understand. Or so OT has taught me. Place seemed pretty normal when i visited.

Messi

When telling a strange tale that occurred in Florida, always start with "Once in Florida...".

Then everybody will instantly understand. Or so OT has taught me. Place seemed pretty normal when i visited.

I've been going over to our home there for a month every year for 8 years and only once has anything weird or crazy happened. It was at the queue for Walmart self checkout. This woman screamed out and everyone looked and there was blood all over the floor. I don't fully understand what happened. But it seemed like she had just had a baby like 3-4 days before. She freaked and crouched down holding her stomach. I felt really bad :(

ElNarez

Banned
So was the Arkham Knight
Jason Todd
despite Rocksteady swearing up and down it's a brand new character?

NOW TO BE FAIR he is brand new (to the series) (which makes the twist shitty because, well, unless you know your comics you have no idea of that baggage and all the things that have been built up from that) (I'm still not there but I mean, come on, I know)

NOW TO BE FAIR he is brand new (to the series) (which makes the twist shitty because, well, unless you know your comics you have no idea of that baggage and all the things that have been built up from that) (I'm still not there but I mean, come on, I know)

NOW TO BE FAIR they have some flashbacks and stuff around the middle of the game to set up the whole Death in the Family thing and why he hates Batman

Cade

I gave up on Riddler trophies with the mentality that if what the reward was was cool, I'd go back and do it so I could
do the boss fight.
It wasn't. Thank you JC. I'll do it over time so I can do that, but... Jesus.

I mean, it IS cool. But not 10 hours of riddler trophies cool. I'm interested now. Gonna hit up the spoiler thread.

Finished the first Hellboy trade, enjoyed it a lot not shockingly based on my previous impressions. I know it's supposed to only get better from here on out so I'm pretty pumped for some more reading when my Library Editions do come in.

I'm only halfway through and am waiting for this shitass pc port to get fixed to continue

But the hours of the game I have played (a little over 12) I think it's the best batman game yet tbh

The tank stuff sucks but including the batmobile makes this the most batman game ever, and chases are visceral

As for the story....rocksteady sucks ass at that all the time. Even when they hired Dini we got some basura

In fact they should have just ditched all animated series ties becaase does anybody like conroy in these games? He sounds like he's just phoning it in on the voice acting. Should have hollered at bruce greenwood or the dude who did his voice in origins

As for the story....rocksteady sucks ass at that all the time. Even when they hired Dini we got some basura

In fact they should have just ditched all animated series ties becaase does anybody like conroy in these games? He sounds like he's just phoning it in on the voice acting. Should have hollered at bruce greenwood or the dude who did his voice in origins

Ironically, Oranges had the most competent story. Sure, they were straight lifting from Killing Joke, but their Joker wasn't messing around none either.

Wouldn't call it good tho. Obviously.

Anybody want to do a Zero reread?
Thinking of making a thread, last issue is next week.

Sure.

I've been going over to our home there for a month every year for 8 years and only once has anything weird or crazy happened. It was at the queue for Walmart self checkout. This woman screamed out and everyone looked and there was blood all over the floor. I don't fully understand what happened. But it seemed like she had just had a baby like 3-4 days before. She freaked and crouched down holding her stomach. I felt really bad :(

You was in a walmart in florida. I don't even know how one survives such a combo.

This hot dog bites pizza is genius! I didn't think it was possible but they did it! Three hot dog bites glues together to hold the pizza stable? Yeezus would be in tears.

Top Bottom