• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I generally go to Walmart at 1 AM after I get off work so it's usually not too bad. But I was in there earlier today and what a fucking zoo.

Cade

I thought I knew what it was, but I was wrong. I still don't know what it is.

I feel like the second part needed a separate spoiler tag

No I mustard my strength so I could spoil everything at once with relish so nobody could ketchup to my spoilers help i'm so tired right now making hot dog puns

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Enjoying Hellboy so far for sure. Think I might go ahead and just cop the first two Library Editions since they look pretty hot.

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO I-

The deed is done, I ordered the first two Hellboy Library Editions

I'm gonna beat Kipp in this reading race

You done real good.

get past the first ten pages and win!

edit: gketter pls, give Kipp a little credit. I'm sure he opened the book that one time

Actually I don't think he opened the second one

C'mon guys! I read the first Library Edition twice! And I read like the first 20 pages of the second one!

The saddest part is Hellboy is genuinely my favorite comic ever. And I haven't even read the small amount of it that I own.

Not gonna lie, when I saw the Hellboy piece by Simon Bisley at the end I thought of Kipp reading Doom Patrol

Then I remembered he doesn't read comics anymore
D67G8qU.png

But we can look back on those golden days and think about the good times that were had.
If I get this frozen yogurt manager job and start working less though, hopefully comics will make a comeback in my life. Right now bouldering has priority for the tiny bits of free time that I do have though. :(
Plus I've been reading book books in the even tinier other bits of free time I find. Been reading this one book like 10 pages a day. I'm loving it, but I can only find time for 10 pages a day. It's lame.

But regarding Simon Bisley, holy shit I almost forgot about his absolutely FIRE covers for Doom Patrol. That guy is the man.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Kept playing and now I only have two trophies left for the platinum. I want to get it because I'm so close, but one of them is the perform 15 different moves in one combat flow, and I just don't think I'm capable. I've watched the youtube videos about it, and I just don't think it's doable.

Also, I'd say that my favorite easter egg has got to be the Lord Death Man (from Batmanga and Morrison's Batman Inc) on the Halloween signs.

Kipp

You know what's kinda weird? I play games less than I read comics.
And you know where I spend the majority of my time? In a Comics thread on a Gaming forum.

Like, what.

Kipp

The Cade puns get even worse.

Cade: Soon I'll be right as wayne
Cade: please send help
Cade: I think too much Batman and not enough sleep has been Robin me of my sanity

Cade: Locking Red Hood playability to the preorder from Gamestop thing is a killer. And a crock. You could say
Cade: that it was
Cade: a
Cade: shitty thing to do
Kipp: Was that last thing even supposed to be a pun? Haha
Cade: No
Cade: I was setting it up so you'd think I was gonna say Killer Croc..
Cade: but then I didn't
Cade: Man, my jokes aren't landing at all tonight
Cade: My jokes are landing worse than Dick Grayson's parents :(

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Anybody want to do a Zero reread?
Thinking of making a thread, last issue is next week.
e8gzcyT.jpg

Ay, Tim and I have been talking over a thread for a little while. We can all band together and create a dope ass all-inclusive thread, yo!

Vyer

Rocksteady plz

I had fun with the other Arkham games but after seeing the impressions here I feel ok about skipping this one

If you liked the other games you will want to play this one.

It's got some rough spots, and yeah the Batmobile stuff alternates between forced and kinda cool, but it's still got most of what has been good about the series.

So, Uncanny Avengers #5...still doesn't explain how Quicksilver lost his powers on M-Day.

Has that ever been explained, since the retcon?

Also, I'm really upset that Beast and Torch are going to be in Inhumans. That's fucking dumb. I actually really enjoy the characters and lore. I also really enjoy the dynamic of the Inhumans: very much entrenched in feuding families and rituals and customs and royalty. I love it. Pisses me off, especially with Inferno's powers finally coming through in their true form, and the first fully Inhuman baby born with already fully-realized powers since probably Black Bolt (according to the 60s Inhumans).

What's this Fraction pitch I've heard talk about? The one involving Inhumans?

Messi

Aw yea. CMX has the entire Strangers in paradise series on sale!!

If you haven't read it I highly recommend one of the best slice of life/relationship books ever created. Terry Moore is one of the top artists out there that draws some of the best facial expressions in the business. And the characters and writing is just as awesome.

https://www.comixology.com/Strangers-in-Paradise-Sale/page/7184?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

I think this is the best time for me to buy the trades.

Sadist

So, Uncanny Avengers #5...still doesn't explain how Quicksilver lost his powers on M-Day.

Has that ever been explained, since the retcon?

Also, I'm really upset that Beast and Torch are going to be in Inhumans. That's fucking dumb. I actually really enjoy the characters and lore. I also really enjoy the dynamic of the Inhumans: very much entrenched in feuding families and rituals and customs and royalty. I love it. Pisses me off, especially with Inferno's powers finally coming through in their true form, and the first fully Inhuman baby born with already fully-realized powers since probably Black Bolt (according to the 60s Inhumans).

What's this Fraction pitch I've heard talk about? The one involving Inhumans?
Should read Comic GAF more whaaaaaat

My man Beast Inhuman? Guess Scott makes something happen lol.

Top Bottom