• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Stumbled across a fun little Arkham Knight easter egg:
One of Bruce Wayne's phone messages is from none other than Katherine Kane, asking if Bruce is going to make it to her and Mags' engagement party.

Stumbled across a fun little Arkham Knight easter egg:
One of Bruce Wayne's phone messages is from none other than Katherine Kane, asking if Bruce is going to make it to her and Mags' engagement party.

how do I access this cellphone to hear this? I need to know NOW!!!

Nevermind I found it accidentally lol

DLC PLS!!!

Man does it suck not to be able to play the game and talk about the easter eggs and story, it's a lot like watching a taped sports game :(.

Easter Egg
I was spoiled that luthor was in the game, I hope this is a nod toward a Superman game next

Is this Crisis on Infinite Earths that's happening in Alan Moores Swamp Thing?

Yeah one of the issues has it, I think sandman does too.

Finished reading Animal Man, such a weird comic with not a lot of focus. It's kind of like Morrison's take on ecological problems spun into fourth wall breaking and what comic book characters mean to him. New 52 probably tore his heart apart, you can see he really likes obscure characters everyone forgot about. It's a good read for sure but I like his Doom Patrol better.

Owzers

My wonder woman 12'' koto came and on one eye it doesn't have enough black eyeliner on the side so it's just a ton of eyeball compared to the other.

Statues were a mistake.

Zombine

Banned
My wonder woman 12'' koto came and on one eye it doesn't have enough black eyeliner on the side so it's just a ton of eyeball compared to the other.

Statues were a mistake.

I'm just happy I was able to get this:

Kotobukiya-SDCC-2015-Exclusive-Red-She-Hulk-Bishoujo-Statue-e1435074278783.jpg

Yes, and there are a couple of foreshadowy appearances of Crisis characters like the Monitor and Harbinger.

Back then, Alan Moore was willingly to play along with the company party line and incorporated the huge literally universe-shaking event into his own story.

--

Next week, new comics from Spurrier and Stokely

Man does it suck not to be able to play the game and talk about the easter eggs and story, it's a lot like watching a taped sports game :(.

Easter Egg
I was spoiled that luthor was in the game, I hope this is a nod toward a Superman game next

Yeah one of the issues has it, I think sandman does too.

Finished reading Animal Man, such a weird comic with not a lot of focus. It's kind of like Morrison's take on ecological problems spun into fourth wall breaking and what comic book characters mean to him. New 52 probably tore his heart apart, you can see he really likes obscure characters everyone forgot about. It's a good read for sure but I like his Doom Patrol better.

Thanks. It's kinda what I figured with the time period but wasn't totally sure. Just another example of the master class write Moore is as a bunch of books I have read have seemed distracted by big events and Swamp Thing reads just as good as previous stories.

Boogiepop

So, I read some comics.

Return of Superman was fun. And it actually tied in nicely to the Johns Green Lantern run, which is much appreciated to have that "gap" filled in. Shame I already knew most of the Supermen, as I'd imagine going in knowing nothing would make it even more enjoyable. Also was impressed by how much of a bargain it was! Like $20 MSRP (which I then got IST discount on) for about 500 pages!

Vengeance was okay, didn't blow me away but it had its moments. America Chavez was depicted a bit more... eye-candy-ish than I was expecting, which was a little disappointing, but again, she had her moments.

And then I'm pretty much finished Annihilation on MU (just have the Heralds of Galactus issues left). And yeah... think I'm okay if I can't track this down for a decent price in the end. It was largely decent, but the only real standout parts for me were the Drax mini and the parts with him. And even those weren't "oh my god I must own this" level. It was all just okay. I'll probably grab it for the sake of completeness if it gets an affordable reprint down the line or something, I guess.

MattyG

Banned
I'm about to go pick up a couple Batman trades. I've only ever read TDKR, so what would you all recommend? I don't know what the store I'm going to has, but I'm thinking of grabbing The Killing Joke, A Death in the Family, Hush, Court of Owls, The Black Mirror, or Year One. Anything else I should look into?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'm about to go pick up a couple Batman trades. I've only ever read TDKR, so what would you all recommend? I don't know what the store I'm going to has, but I'm thinking of grabbing The Killing Joke, A Death in the Family, Hush, Court of Owls, The Black Mirror, or Year One. Anything else I should look into?

The Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

Skip Court of Owls and get the two trades that contain Zero Year.

Zero Year is what I would read before I started any of Snyders run. It establishes Snyders Bruce Wayne and makes all the stories that happen after it much better.

LZFqgA3.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

I'd skip Hush, and probably grab Batman Year 100. If you like Paul Pope even slightly, it's damn good.

Owzers

No thanks. I just wanna hoard comics and talk on here about what books I bought to not read.

I just want to talk about what games i rent from Gamefly and about statues that have iffy paint jobs that make me nervous.

OH! I finished that Dark Reigns Modok one-shot, that was a comic i totally read, and it was fun enough.

edit: Speaking of things that aren't comics, i watched half of Walking with the Dead parody movie on neflix, it wasn't as awful as it could have been, and more of Orange is the New Black season 2. I think i'm tired of that show and one season would have been enough.

Messi

I just want to talk about what games i rent from Gamefly and about statues that have iffy paint jobs that make me nervous.

OH! I finished that Dark Reigns Modok one-shot, that was a comic i totally read, and it was fun enough.

Did someone hack sillymonkeys account?

Damm it Kipp. Give it back.

MattyG

Banned
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Based on what they had in stock, I ended up getting The Long Halloween, Arkham Asylum and The Killing Joke.

Hagi

Anyone read Black Canary? picked it up today and though I loved the art the writing left me a bit cold. The concept is interesting if a bit weird but the execution just isn't there. Reminds me a lot of how I feel about Spider-Gwen to be honest expect Dinah is dull.

First issue though so hopefully it finds it's groove.

ReiGun

Anyone read Black Canary? picked it up today and though I loved the art the writing left me a bit cold. The concept is interesting if a bit weird but the execution just isn't there. Reminds me a lot of how I feel about Spider-Gwen to be honest expect Dinah is dull.

First issue though so hopefully it finds it's groove.

I'm more interested in Dinah's band than her tbh. They seem like they could be cool. I agree the art is the big selling point at the moment. Hopefully they imbue the book with a little more of the wit that was present in the preview issue.

Hagi

I'm more interested in Dinah's band than her tbh. They seem like they could be cool. I agree the art is the big selling point at the moment. Hopefully they imbue the book with a little more of the wit that was present in the preview issue.

I think this would have been better as a breakout book for a new character. The supporting cast does seem a lot more personable than she is. I heard that she appears in Batgirl so maybe I should give that a read before issue 2 comes out.

I wonder if the band name is a coincidence because it certainly doesn't seem like they know she is Black Canary lol

Picked up a lot of other things that are new and at jump on points like Batman, Detective Comics, Green Lantern, Harley and PeeGee, JLA and Robin - Son of Batman. Feels good to be back on board with DC.

Top Bottom