• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Bunch of stuff came in, added it to the reading pile.It's getting bigger:

vxnaS2i.jpg

Not getting anymore stuff til most of this is read.

Nice, that's some reading. I need to try Animal-Man at some point.

Tizoc

Already fully in off the one page. Many thanks.

I should point out that the series is most comedy with lots of bizarre things happening. It does have its serious moments, but those are frikkin' strong. WHile I long for the old days of Goon having to deal with crazy shit like a giant fire breathing iguana, the recent stories have been dark but well written.

JLA Cold Steel

Think this is the first capes comic i've ever seen where a hero breaches an alien EVA Suit and goes "whoops, sholda remembered that if they're using one, they most likely can't survive our atmosphere on account of being ALIENS".

Great art, tho.

Not even the Blasters could make them relevant.

Why is Peter Parker hugging female Riddler?

Tizoc

Finish the Hickman stuff. Join us in Secret Wars hype.

Nah what Messi needs is a 'feel good' comic, one where there's a silver lining in the end and all the characters face the chaos and trials with a smile and grin on their faces.

Big Man Plans #3 of 4

Man... this comic is so great. Not sure if I can remember reading a revenge story that was so gripping. Also one of the few times I can remember violence and gore this brutal coming off with something resembling tact. Or at least the absence of that cloying "sooo hardcore" feeling. There's a lot going on, especially for such breezy read. I'm hoping we'll get to find out what the letter said for the final issue. But it might be more impactful as a mystery. Especially with one scene in particular.
Where Big Man shows his aunt the letter before killing his cousin. Her reaction page was amazing.

bmp.png

Also, Eric Powell's art is incredible. Anyone read The Goon? Is that any good?
Yup I've been wanting to check this out.

The Goon is well regarded. The art is always great but I can't really get into it. It's fun but not all that funny.

Powell also has this shtick of talking trash about big 2 comics and it's lIke yeah I get it you do your own thing.

Really great art though.

fauxtrot

Banned
I actually read comics last night, guys!

One day I'll finish F4/FF and get to NA/A...

Hickman just introduced
T'Challa
and now
he's the King of the Dead
? Shit is crazy...

Hickman just introduced
T'Challa
and now
? Shit is crazy...

He needed to give him a power boost. Tchalla at that point in time was street level.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Hickman just introduced
T'Challa
and now
? Shit is crazy...
I actually didnt liked that Story arc. It was just there and wasnt really satisfying endd

fauxtrot

Banned
He needed to give him a power boost. Tchalla at that point in time was street level.

Ah, that makes a hell of a lot of sense now. I appreciate when a writer takes this kind of stuff into account rather than just hand-waving significant power-level fluctuations.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ahhhhh the creative hand puppet/musical episode . The first with a crazy concept which was the reason I used to love the series for.
In the 9th of 14 episodes. Man, is this terrible.

Top Bottom