• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

I see that Mexicans continue to get little to no representation in media. Even all new all different comics GAF continuity doesn't account for us. Me and Psychbat are taking our talents down to Mexico to be with our people
Not even gonna use me with my Chinese-Mexican blood, which is basically a two for one for diversity smh

Zombine

Banned
Serpentine is now John Cena. ThyMusicMan is also a member of ComicGAF-Force.

Edit: I think I hit almost everyone. Vibranium is also on ComicGAF-Force. I can't believe I sat here at work doing this. I just put Flithy Slug's tax dollars to good use.

Armor Wars :\

What is Marvel doing with Tony these days? I don't even know anymore.

At least they remembered Arno exists after the odd lapse in Superior which abruptly killed the main IM series.

In the end I didn't enjoy Armor Wars #1 much. It felt really messy.

Drayco21

Couldn't Scarlet Witch just make the Thors not exist anymore.

Serious question.

The Phoenix Force was afraid of her. The same entity that merc'd Thor like he was nothing.

It's a Bendis book. He doesn't know how to write magic, ensembles, power levels, cosmic, or anything else that a conflict between Scarlet Witch and the Thor Corps would entail. I'll be impressed if he doesn't just turn her into a cut and paste retread of the MCU Scarlet Witch in 616's clothes, honestly.

You assume God let her keep her powers. Also I think she was nerfed after AvX?

If the power to recreate was so powerful and all encompassing why would there be any characters with powers left? Wouldn't you remove any and all that could ever be any sort of threat?

Busaiku

Were the twins in Avengers vs X-Men supposed to be Wanda and Pietro?
I mean, that's what I initially thought, but Scarlet Witch was in there already. I think Quicksilver too.

If the power to recreate was so powerful and all encompassing why would there be any characters with powers left? Wouldn't you remove any and all that could ever be any sort of threat?

We talking about the same guy that thought that making a whole universe filled with people like him was a good idea.

These are some ugly ass Captain America inspired sneakers:

WfiVDdT.jpg

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...mbles-a-line-of-avengers-basketball-sneakers/

Cheska was live video podcasting of whatever you call it with fellow collectors last night. Everyone has their collections behind them and they are mighty and so baller and I felt like a peon.

Mudcrab

Keep in mind that in the original Secret Wars the first thing Doom did after acquiring Beyonder powers was wipe out all the heroes, but his subconscious instantly brought them back. Every time he killed them, he betrayed himself and resurrected them.

We talking about the same guy that thought that making a whole universe filled with people like him was a good idea.

Right he made a universe in his image and it almost killed him.

Zombine

Banned
Cheska was live video podcasting of whatever you call it with fellow collectors last night. Everyone has their collections behind them and they are mighty and so baller and I felt like a peon.

You should just sit there with like some random action figure all alone on a shelf and act like nothing is wrong.

Big Man Plans #3 of 4

Man... this comic is so great. Not sure if I can remember reading a revenge story that was so gripping. Also one of the few times I can remember violence and gore this brutal coming off with something resembling tact. Or at least the absence of that cloying "sooo hardcore" feeling. There's a lot going on, especially for such breezy read. I'm hoping we'll get to find out what the letter said for the final issue. But it might be more impactful as a mystery. Especially with one scene in particular.
Where Big Man shows his aunt the letter before killing his cousin. Her reaction page was amazing.

bmp.png

Also, Eric Powell's art is incredible. Anyone read The Goon? Is that any good?

Tizoc

Big Man Plans #3 of 4

Man... this comic is so great. Not sure if I can remember reading a revenge story that was so gripping. Also one of the few times I can remember violence and gore this brutal coming off with something resembling tact. Or at least the absence of that cloying "sooo hardcore" feeling. There's a lot going on, especially for such breezy read. I'm hoping we'll get to find out what the letter said for the final issue. But it might be more impactful as a mystery. Especially with one scene in particular.
Where Big Man shows his aunt the letter before killing his cousin. Her reaction page was amazing.

bmp.png

Also, Eric Powell's art is incredible. Anyone read The Goon? Is that any good?

The Goon is excellent go read it, but do not start with Chinatown!
o5sKkKY.jpg

Thanks for bringing up this series will def. give it a read.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Bunch of stuff came in, added it to the reading pile.It's getting bigger:

vxnaS2i.jpg

Not getting anymore stuff til most of this is read.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
As a new reader, I was just starting to get used to the old continuity. I feel like all the changes might lose me as a reader. Luckily I have my universal constants to fall back on.

Man guys... Why are we still waiting for the last issue of Hawkeye. It's the series that really got me into following things on a monthly basis and I'm still waiting for this fucking last issue.

Life isn't fair.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
fixed/kipped

I was going to write pretty much exactly that, but I figured I'd be a little hopeful. After all, if I can get this new job, I'll be only working 45-50 hours a week so I'd actually have time to read some comics again!
Does that mean I'd actually read them? No. But I could is the point.

Top Bottom