• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
you're going to eat three Twix McFlurries. You don't have to do this, you could read a comic book.
Thats what Ive planed but now I am not at home and start to get bored and feel bad again. Man, I hate this, especially since the last two days things were so much better again.

I find that if you're spending money just to spend it, you'd be better off waiting for something you really want.

Or donuts. I buy a lot of donuts.
Yeah, maybe thats it.
We have a dunkin donuts in town since a couple of months and I was never there. I need to change this.

Calcium

Banned
I find that if you're spending money just to spend it, you'd be better off waiting for something you really want.

Or donuts. I buy a lot of donuts.

This is all sage like advice. Listen to BrightLight on both counts. Wait for something you want and get some donuts. It's a win-win.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Thats what Ive planed but now I am not at home and start to get bored and feel bad again. Man, I hate this, especially since the last two days things were so much better again.

Yeah, maybe thats it.
We have a dunkin donuts in town since a couple of months and I was never there. I need to change this.

There's a Dunkin about 100 feet from my apartment. They're not the best donuts in town but they're so close I end up going anyway.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
All-New Captain America was great, you guys. Good tip - love Sam as the new Cap and everyone loves a good animal companion. I liked that they acknowledged the Falcon's shady past and really put it to bed. Also, more Misty Knight is always a good thing.

Redwing's "death" and rebirth as VampHawk hit some good emotional notes. Thought for sure he was dead, but super glad he's back and seemingly powered.

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl was.... notsogreat. Is it worth picking up 5 & 6 if I didn't care much for 1-4?

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl was.... notsogreat.

whatsg.png

Messi

All-New Captain America was great, you guys. Good tip - love Sam as the new Cap and everyone loves a good animal companion. I liked that they acknowledged the Falcon's shady past and really put it to bed. Also, more Misty Knight is always a good thing.

Redwing's "death" and rebirth as VampHawk hit some good emotional notes. Thought for sure he was dead, but super glad he's back and seemingly powered.

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl was.... notsogreat. Is it worth picking up 5 & 6 if I didn't care much for 1-4?

Nope. It's still amazing but it's not for you it seems. It was great from the beginning.

Drayco21

You're not alone on this one; I thought Squirrel Girl was terrible. Can't stand the art, find the writing unbearable. Real shame too, I've loved a lot of past Squirrel Girl appearances and had high hopes for an ongoing.

I am about to read this issue. I have admired the cover ever since it came out. Thor hasn't been in much of Infinity so I hope it lives up to the cover

Just finished this book yesterday, making my way through everything Marvel Now in unlimited, but I started with Hickman's FF run. Wow, you are in for a treat Messi ! I still flip through that FF last issue months later and it makes me tear up. Have you been reading the tie ins at all, and if so, what do you think ? I just read the captain Marvel stuff, as well as Avengers Assemble, and it was cool having Jess and Carol's POV's through the initial spacefight, but I dunno how I'd feel paying cash money for them. Still, cool to read for sure, loving the art in all of these books, Marvel is firing on all cylinders.

Oh ! And I just got the IDW/Top Shelf Humble Bundle and would like to reccomend it to everyone out there ! The Locke and Key trades are worth the price of admission alone, just read the first volume last night cover to cover. Haven't read anything else in there yet, but I have high hopes. Pretty weird it only has volume 3 of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but I totally bought the first trade, and my uncle lent me the second, so I'm covered !

Anyone read any of the other stuff in there yet ? What do you think ?

Guys. I read zero #16. What did I just read? What's going on in this book? I have dreamlike vague notions of the story but man...I'd love to hear someone else's take

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Have you read Ant Man?

yeah, i loved it

Nope. It's still amazing but it's not for you it seems. It was great from the beginning.

i guess i just don't "get it" :/

You're not alone on this one; I thought Squirrel Girl was terrible. Can't stand the art, find the writing unbearable. Real shame too, I've loved a lot of past Squirrel Girl appearances and had high hopes for an ongoing.

same, there's something about the art and writing that doesn't click with me.

Squirrel Girl is the current best Marvel ongoing tbh

Doreen ain't got shit on Kamala.

Cade

Guys I accidentally wandered into football gaf, you guys seem nice but i'm looking for the thread where we bitch about reboots

Top Bottom