• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Wow the Shazam backup story in Justice League was better than the main book. That's the first of the character that I've ever read, and it was great. I still feel like Gary Frank draws every male character as Tom Cruise though. (And some of the ladies are obviously Nicole Kidman).
It was good

Also read Convergence Shazam and Multiversity Thunderworld!

Owzers

ww-1_1.jpg

did anyone end up buying this outside of Cheska? Best statue thingy ever and totally worth it?

I liked Renew Your Vows except for the whole Regent crap. Why couldn't this just be a story about a 616-like Spider-Man who was allowed to get married and have kids? And I really wasn't expecting such a dark turn but that's just what Slott does I guess.

Ugh, won't be subbing to Bizarro. I could barely tell what he was saying half the time. I thought it was just backwards-speech but some of the stuff he says is meant as it was said so it's really confusing. And it's weird that everyone but the women are drawn really cartoony.

Messi

Ugh, won't be subbing to Bizarro. I could barely tell what he was saying half the time. I thought it was just backwards-speech but some of the stuff he says is meant as it was said so it's really confusing. And it's weird that everyone but the women are drawn really cartoony.

Yeah, I really hated the preview they released. I struggled with what he was saying when I usually don't.

That's every bizarro story. Drives me insane

Well I finished the main story in destiny and hit level 20. So now I'm figuring out this end game stuff.

Zombine

Banned
Welcome to the best game ever.

Nah. Just like Titanfall, the foundation for the best game ever is there, but those highs won't be reached until the sequel. There's some good stuff there and the shooting elements at its core are incredibly tight and work very well, but it was lacking in the content department. Destiny relies on grinding and a horribly implemented RNG system to keep you playing that keeps it from reaching the highs I expect from Bungie. I enjoy it, I enjoy how it throws me a reward here and there to keep me going, and I definitely enjoy being fucking fantastic at multiplayer, but objectively it is not the best game ever, let alone the best shooter ever. Borderlands offers a bit more than what Bungie fumbled to get out the door.

Level 20?

Endgame?

Ha aahahahahahaahahhahaaa
Well I'm 23 right now. And yes end game. This is structured like wow when you hit the cap a new form of progression takes snape. Now it's gear based. And I have the two expansions too so there's still more strikes and whatnot. Reading up on the mechanics seems very WoW like. Well see how it goes. Although it seems unlikely I'll get to try out the raids

Off-Topic Comics |OT|:
Finally fixed my PC hardware issues I think. I love PC gaming, but man I hate PC gaming. Finally gonna finish The Witcher 2 so I can play TW3. Hopefully.

Going with my man Roche or with the filthy Scoia'tael?

Btw, minor w3 spoiler in regards to Roche and Iorverth, only click if you wanna know which of them pops up in w3.
It's Roche.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how far into Chew are we? i stopped reading a while ago and i'm waiting for it to end before i do a full re-read.

also, i don't know how it's even a question. Kamala over everything.

tumblr_nl2a5hjWUz1tt2byio8_500.jpg

What's with the gold rings on the arm though?

bangles? brown people love that shit

Messi

Going to read the final issue of Infinity. I have really enjoyed this entire run thus far but Infinity has felt like a real step up. Fantastic writing all around from Hickman. I have no idea how he does it and how he is still going up through Secret Wars.

Fuck yeah moment in the last avengers issue before Infinity #6
Ronan smashing that dudes head with his hammer. Right up there with Thor blowing the hole in the builder.

Nah. Just like Titanfall, the foundation for the best game ever is there, but those highs won't be reached until the sequel. There's some good stuff there and the shooting elements at its core are incredibly tight and work very well, but it was lacking in the content department. Destiny relies on grinding and a horribly implemented RNG system to keep you playing that keeps it from reaching the highs I expect from Bungie. I enjoy it, I enjoy how it throws me a reward here and there to keep me going, and I definitely enjoy being fucking fantastic at multiplayer, but objectively it is not the best game ever, let alone the best shooter ever. Borderlands offers a bit more than what Bungie fumbled to get out the door.

Lol I guess I was asleep for that 178 hours you've convinced me

Zombine

Banned
Lol I guess I was asleep for that 178 hours you've convinced me

It's not about the hours. I put a shit ton of hours into the game too and I dominate Crucible. The core gunplay is great. The content is lacking. On top of having next to nothing to do in the game to begin with, they removed some of that content to sell right on back to their fans they claim to love so much. There used to be an actual story but they scrapped it for whatever that embarrassing mess was.

how far into Chew are we? i stopped reading a while ago and i'm waiting for it to end before i do a full re-read.

also, i don't know how it's even a question. Kamala over everything.

tumblr_nl2a5hjWUz1tt2byio8_500.jpg

bangles? brown people love that shit

Chew....so good. Everyone should read it. Shit got REAL at the end of this last arc. Only book to have me completely speechless so far.

Agreed on Kamala.

It's not about the hours. I put a shit ton of hours into the game too and I dominate Crucible. The core gunplay is great. The content is lacking. On top of having next to nothing to do in the game to begin with, they removed some of that content to sell right on back to their fans they claim to love so much. There used to be an actual story but they scrapped it for whatever that embarrassing mess was.

To be fair, one should see Destiny as nothing more than a proof-of-concept for fps mmo's on consoles. Which they somehow managed to turn into a very profitable piecemeal experience.

Can't quite see the point of going deep into it intead of, say, into Warframe. At least the latter gives free expansions.

ReiGun

I'm more intrigued by the pages of Squirrel Girl posted in here than I was by the issues of Ms. Marvel I read. So Doreen wins.

Zombine

Banned
To be fair, one should see Destiny as nothing more than a proof-of-concept for fps mmo's on consoles. Which they somehow managed to turn into a very profitable piecemeal experience.

Can't quite see the point of going deep into it intead of, say, into Warframe. At least the latter gives free expansions.

Yeah, that's why I said that Destiny 2 will be the best If they take the criticism of the first game to heart and build on what they have created with this release. More meaningful customization would be nice as well; and beards.

Top Bottom