• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Tizoc

CAZ9Ku7WsAAfqtF.jpg

Right is the new art. Not even the most stark difference

You should just wait for the trades. You are getting the best experience and you have some great stuff coming up.

I like left old art much better personally.

Messi

I like left old art much better personally.

To be fair that picture you didn't remove isn't representive of what most of the art looks like. He does these super detailed panels for impact. The regular art is much closer to a more refined version of the original art.

Wait...the left art is the new art. I made a typo

The most recent issue of Death Vigil was incredible too. Only one issue left :(

Been waiting for DV to hit trade. So excited for that one.

To be fair that picture you didn't remove isn't representive of what most of the art looks like. He does these super detailed panels for impact. The regular art is much closer to a more refined version of the original art.

Omg yes the super detailed panels are bananas. I don't even feel guilty that they're usually the most explicit, they're just so good

Zombine

Banned
Guys, I was just trying out the third option in this thought experiment.

Messi thinks the new art is amazing
Tiz thinks the old art is amazing

Who is left to think its all shite? I'll fill in until we find someone who hates all of it.

Now we have all 3 opinions listed, and we have to sort everyone into groups.

Owzers

i don't get Sunstone, there are no super powers and everyone looks like they just pre-ordered a harley quinn variant cover.

Sothpaw

OK at least Marvel is keeping Tony as Iron Man. You can have Steve and Odinson but please don't fuck with Tony. Only problem is Bendis is writing :/

OK at least Marvel is keeping Tony as Iron Man. You can have Steve and Odinson but please don't fuck with Tony. Only problem is Bendis is writing :/
I don't think Bendis will be that bad, truthfully. When he's writing a solo characters book, for me, his track record has been pretty strong. It's team books where his quality slips, and even then, that's mostly opinion.

I don't think Bendis will be that bad, truthfully. When he's writing a solo characters book, for me, his track record has been pretty strong. It's team books where his quality slips, and even then, that's mostly opinion.

Was about to say the same thing. He has some impressive solo runs, so I don't think there's legitimate reason for worry.

Zombine

Banned

Honestly, If anything he's going to help breathe new life into Tony. I want him to stay on the book as long as possible so he can craft this new story for the character that shows growth, instead of random story arcs like he's been getting.

SoilBreak

Banned
Kind of looking forward to Bendis Invincible Ironman. It's also been awhile since I've read a Ironman story that I'd enjoyed (Fraction's run).

Zombine

Banned
I have no interest in playing on pc. Nor can I afford it.

I play it with my Xbox One controller. Between hot toys and pages, for about $1.4k I can build you a pc that will run everything at almost ultra at 60fps. It's something to think about.

Batman is going to be glorious on PC.

So I'm confused as shit. I read Secret Wars #1-3 out of curiosity and one thing doesn't make sense between it and A-Force. In A-Force they say you aren't allowed to travel between the different lands but in Secret Wars they say you can, it's just rare, and you need the "Local Barons" approval. Since She-Hulk was the Baron of A-Forceia land why didn't she just OK America's action and thus negate the need for the Thors to show up.

Just an editorial oversight?

Green Lantern v4 #1-#6: Definitely an improvement over Rebirth. Things are slowly picking up. But considering that I do not have any familiarity with GL characters, I am having to wiki a lot of character histories and backgrounds. (Hector Hammond, The Shark, etc)

Nor can I afford it.

lol

Messi

I understand the misguidedness of "not being able to afford it", but no interest?

I don't play enough games to warrant even playing on a console. This is the most ive tried to play a game that isnt fifa or nba 2k15 in over a year. I play less and less each month.

Also why is it called Battleworld? In the comic they say the population of the world is the ones who call it that. Whispered on the streets and shit. But if interactions between the different realms are rare at best then who or what is "battling"?

If I was someone in that world I'd call it Segregatia or something.

Messi

Im surprised he kept the layouts tbh

not that theres anything wrong with them but you'd think hed be inclined to change them to a degree

Well as Sarah was saying, he did add some stuff and move others around/removed stuff. He also added some larger splash pieces.

i also vastly prefer playing on a console. pc gaming doesn't really do it for me.

Yeah, I like the ease of use.

When I try to play on my pc I get distracted by a hundred other things like gaf.

I don't play enough games to warrant even playing on a console. This is the most ive tried to play a game that isnt fifa or nba 2k15 in over a year. I play less and less each month.

That's usually one of the reason people buy/build a PC in the first place. You barely have to upgrade it every few years, and you get [most] all the games which almost always run better than their console counterparts. It's an investment that pays for itself in the long run.

Also, Zombine's estimate is probably on the high end. With some patience, you could probably do an entire rig for $1k.

i also vastly prefer playing on a console. pc gaming doesn't really do it for me.

Curious to know why. I own all the current and last gen consoles and I see the value of each. I'm not trying to start something.

Messi

That's usually one of the reason people buy/build a PC in the first place. You barely have to upgrade it every few years, and you get [most] all the games which almost always run better than their console counterparts. It's an investment that pays for itself in the long run.

Also, Zombine's estimate is probably on the high end. With some patience, you could probably do an entire rig for $1k.

Curious to know why. I own all the current and last gen consoles and I see the value of each. I'm not trying to start something.

Fifa and 2K have never run better on pc than consoles. Ea and 2k don't really support PC. Its easy just to have a console there that I can just turn on and play. Distractions are a big problem for me.

Tizoc

Wait...the left art is the new art. I made a typo

Oh OK then XD.

Mudcrab

So I'm confused as shit. I read Secret Wars #1-3 out of curiosity and one thing doesn't make sense between it and A-Force. In A-Force they say you aren't allowed to travel between the different lands but in Secret Wars they say you can, it's just rare, and you need the "Local Barons" approval. Since She-Hulk was the Baron of A-Forceia land why didn't she just OK America's action and thus negate the need for the Thors to show up.

Just an editorial oversight?

Also why is it called Battleworld? In the comic they say the population of the world is the ones who call it that. Whispered on the streets and shit. But if interactions between the different realms are rare at best then who or what is "battling"?

If I was someone in that world I'd call it Segregatia or something.

It has to be an agreement between both Barons with God's approval She-Hulk alone isn't enough.

It's called Battleworld because the 'stability' you see now is relatively new. Even still the various Domains engage in more clandestine conflict like between the Monarchy of M and the Sentinel Territories. It's an open secret just don't let anyone get any hard evidence on you. Secret Wars.

Owzers

are all the books we like continuing after Secret Wars? Groot, Howard the Duck, Ant Man, Bucky, that squirrel book for tail lovers?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
2015-05-16.png

Meredith Gran>>>

Her Adventure Time spinoff for Boom was dope too.

I also love Nedroid

I am constantly looking for this one comic where she lies in the bed and dont want to go outside, because, "there are people".

(I can relate :D)

Does anyone of you know where I can find it?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

despite gaming on a pc since commander keen on DOS, i prefer consoles. i still play some pc exclusives like Marvel Heroes but given the option, i play stuff like XCOM or Broken Age on an iPad and the rest on consoles.

my friends play on consoles and i'd rather play with them online, flawless controller support (hate kb/m), inherent big screen tv-ready UI, plug-and-play gaming.

all platforms have their pros and cons, and i'm willing to give up mods & increased resolutions for a more seamless gaming experience.

Fifa and 2K have never run better on pc than consoles. Ea and 2k don't really support PC. Its easy just to have a console there that I can just turn on and play. Distractions are a big problem for me.

Well, yeah, that's partially true. 2K on PC is a shell of its console counterparts. I thought FIFA ran pretty well from what I played, though. EA supports their games on PC pretty well, as far as I know, at least from what I've played (BF3, BF4, Titanfall).

I'm just saying it's as viable or affordable an option as console gaming.

my friends play on consoles and i'd rather play with them online, flawless controller support (hate kb/m), inherent big screen tv-ready UI, plug-and-play gaming.

Most of that is possible on PC with little or no preparation. Except the friends. PC can't create friends...

Top Bottom