• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

ok after reading the middle couple issues of Old Man Logan i think i "get it"

this is pretty damn enjoyable

You either ok with the surface-level entertainment value of Clint Eastwood Unforgiven Wolverine travelling with blind old Hawkeye running away in the Spider-Mobile from a Venomsarus Rex

or you aint

Zombine

Banned
Great, and all of them. Great po boys, gumbo, Jambalaya, and beignets were had. We got sandwiches at Manhattanjack -- including a chicken and waffle sandwich -- and went to The Fly to watch barges and giant rat fights.

Listened to jazz outside Yuki and The Blue Nile, and inside a zydeco place. Went shopping in a voodoo shop. Some antiquing for weird shit. Saw a preacher in the middle of Bourbon St with a giant white cross, near a sign that said Huge Ass Beers. Entertaining.

Totally worth an eight hour drive in both directions.

Awesome to hear! I always wanted to visit there, and my girlfriend's stories about the quarter and shit make it sound fun. The voodoo shop is right up my alley for sure. Glad you ate well too.

Edit:

So yeah, here's the real Spider Jerusalem and why I love Transmetropolitan so much:

hunter-s-thompson.jpeg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You either ok with the surface-level entertainment value of Clint Eastwood Unforgiven Wolverine travelling with blind old Hawkeye running away in the Spider-Mobile from a Venomsarus Rex

or you aint

Wait...what? This sounds amazing

Messi

What is the thing you are supposed to order at Taco Bell to go with your Baja Blast? I never know what to order. Help. I just want the Baja.

tim1138

or you aint

Don't forget the incest Hulk family!

because it can't be a Millar book without something fucked up

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is this the new Oldman Logan or the classic one?

Great, and all of them. Great po boys, gumbo, Jambalaya, and beignets were had. We got sandwiches at Manhattanjack -- including a chicken and waffle sandwich -- and went to The Fly to watch barges and giant rat fights.

Listened to jazz outside Yuki and The Blue Nile, and inside a zydeco place. Went shopping in a voodoo shop. Some antiquing for weird shit. Saw a preacher in the middle of Bourbon St with a giant white cross, near a sign that said Huge Ass Beers. Entertaining.

Totally worth an eight hour drive in both directions.
Eight hour drive? Where do you live?

Yeah that comic is great

It's such a gruesome comic disguised in an adorable cartoon package. I knew as much - to an extent - going in but I didn't know the allegory would resonate so deeply. There are so many moments of nonchalant cruelty that work as humor right before the familiarity of certain specifics sink in. Like that munchkin dude stealing the infected girls berry portion under the guise of protecting it from being stolen. Funny and tragic at the same time throughout and it works so well.

Reading bizarro speak is the most frustrating thing in comics. I thought the old ventriloquist was bad, then bizarro showed. Some words are opposite but not all! You guess which ones are what. Ahhhh

True. Transmet is great. And I don't really like drug fueled manic stories like those. The reason why it works is underneath the layer of crass cynicism is something optimistic in how Ellis handles what journalism and editorials could be

Don't think of it as opposite words. Think of it as opposite sentences.

What is the thing you are supposed to order at Taco Bell to go with your Baja Blast? I never know what to order. Help. I just want the Baja.

Beef quesarito and two potato grillers is my go-to, generally speaking. Don't much care for Baja Blast, tho.

Rhaknar

Is...is this supposed to be the Spider-mobile that Hawkeye is driving? :eek:

Rhaknar

2/8 of old man Logan down, it's amazing :eek:

Edit: 3/8 Ashley what the fuck girl? >_<

So if Marvel Studios is skipping SDCC, will it just be Marvel Comics?

comics at a comic convention, what are the odds

--

is Kipp fired yet? Is he now homeless, living underneath the bridge? Tarp has sprung a leak and the animals he's trapped have all become his pets? Living off of grass and the drippings from his ceiling? Its ok to eat the fish Kipp; they don't have any feelings.

So if Marvel Studios is skipping SDCC, will it just be Marvel Comics?
I think so

I don't get people who go to SDCC for that shit anyways. If you want to get into Hall H you have to get there before the sun even comes up. I think someone got stabbed several years ago in line too.

comics at a comic convention, what are the odds

--

is Kipp fired yet? Is he now homeless, living underneath the bridge? Tarp has sprung a leak and the animals he's trapped have all become his pets? Living off of grass and the drippings from his ceiling? Its ok to eat the fish Kipp; they don't have any feelings.

Nirvana lyrics in Comics GAF

presented by Twix

that might be my favorite song off Nevermind

Wait, that thing is still going on? What the heck? It was already in circles within like the first 100 posts.
Haha yea. It's great. So many falling into the actual trap of the comments. Then there's the fact the whole article is a click bait hack job that took it out of context so everyone is being manipulated. Then others post in an attempting to promote tolerance shit on these "old people" comedians to achieve it. It works on so many levels

Top Bottom