• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Was Lumberjanes in a Humble Bundle? I feel like it's something I got off there and never read.

Not that I saw, but I might have only seen the IDW Humble Bundle. I got it with a birthday gift card, along with Rat Queens, which I'm starting now.

The trade quality is already lower than Lumberjanes, and I'm bummed.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Oh snap! Secret Wars Runaways is being written by Noelle Stevenson!!!

HYPED

giphy.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
You guys know that Cousin-Sex should not result in such deformation and stuff?
Maybe its a Hulk-Thing, but this should only occur if Jen were his sister.
I rather think that he impregnant a daughter... What would be even more disturbing but since its Millar, it wouldnt surprise me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You guys know that Cousin-Sex should not result in such deformation and stuff?
Maybe its a Hulk-Thing, but this should only occur if Jen were his sister.
I rather think that he impregnant a daughter... What would be even more disturbing but since its Millar, it wouldnt surprise me.

They weren't deformed tho

frye

also people complaining about the gross shit in Old Man Logan are not wrong but at the same time as a superhero comic that cares about its action sequences it's also automatically in the top 10% of the genre

zennyzz

Anybody understands what it's referring to. What's not understood is what's with that drawing?

Like I'm not even sure who those two are supposed to be. It's just unnecessarily edgy.

Squire

Banned
Anybody understands what it's referring to. What's not understood is what's with that drawing?

Like I'm not even sure who those two are supposed to be. It's just unnecessarily edgy.

It's Debbie Harry and Madonna. Not sure why Debbie's hair is red though. The band was called "Blondie" for a reason, but given that F4 tattoo on Madge, I guess it could be a reference to Jean.

Edit:

And yeah, it's Jean.

Mindwipe

I think you're supposed to take them as a combination of their real life inspirations and as Jean Grey/Sue Storm.

I lolled, at least.

tim1138

That image is a send up of the classic Sex Pistols album "Nevermind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols" and punk rock imagery.

The background text says Nevermind the Mutants. Jean Grey is modeled off Debbie Harry and for whatever reason Sue Storm is Madonna.

It would have worked much better if the background said "Nevermind the Inhumans here's the Mutants" and had modeled Sue off someone who actually had ties to the punk movement, like maybe Siouxsie Sioux from Siouxsie and the Banshees.

It's someone appropriating imagery of the punk movement from the 70s without quite understanding it.

zennyzz

That wouldn't work either in that using Sue in such a cover makes even less sense considering Inhumans and F4 are basically tied to the hip more pronouncedly than anyone else.

It'd be like having a cover with johnny throwing shade at Spiderman. It'd be really dumb considering they're best friends.

tim1138

That wouldn't work either in that using Sue in such a cover makes even less sense considering Inhumans and F4 are basically tied to the hip more pronouncedly than anyone else.

That's true. Basically it doesn't work on any level because the artist was clueless.

If this isn't a sign that DC is going to announce a Parker/Shaner/Bellaire Shazam on going, then they really are absolutely clueless.

http://www.megomuseum.com/figures-toy-company-says-the-magic-word/

Dooo iiiitt.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but Michel Fiffe of COPRA fame is writing/drawing/coloring a story that will be in Secret Wars Secret Love #1! According to Marvel.com, it's a "take on Daredevil and Typhoid Mary from Karen Page’s perspective"...

Thanks for the heads up. Preordered

I just read through all of Transmetropolitan again a few months ago. While Planetary is my favorite thing from Ellis, Transmetropolitan is probably his best work. Spider is such a glorious bastard.

I did like the first TPB, a little weird at first but enjoyed it a lot.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That image is a send up of the classic Sex Pistols album "Nevermind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols" and punk rock imagery.

The background text says Nevermind the Mutants. Jean Grey is modeled off Debbie Harry and for whatever reason Sue Storm is Madonna.

It would have worked much better if the background said "Nevermind the Inhumans here's the Mutants" and had modeled Sue off someone who actually had ties to the punk movement, like maybe Siouxsie Sioux from Siouxsie and the Banshees.

It's someone appropriating imagery of the punk movement from the 70s without quite understanding it.

add that and "humor" to the list of things whoever created that image doesn't "get"

Top Bottom