• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's.... kinda odd imo but understandable.

He's the EiC (Editor in Chief) of Marvel.

Ah, I dont give 2 fucks about the higher ups.

Anyway, old man logan 7/8 - red skull wearing caps costume, now that's just wrong :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Jenny She Hulk was the only woman out there that could take the pace"

Inbred hillbilly Hulk family, that's so wrong / good, this is some Preacher shit going on here

Rhaknar

Hulk raping his own cousin and fathering an inbred Hulk family, so cool and edgy. *barf*

So edgy to dislike the popular comic. See it works both ways :p

Anyway that was awesome, how's the Secret Wars tie-in?

Messi

And it will never be forgiven.

It would have been the perfect ending to that series :(. Now it just ends with the proposal and this wonderful page right before it.

out-of-the-mists-comes-batwoman-to-propose-to-maggie-sawyer.jpg

Rhaknar

I can't believe that is becoming a TV show..on AMC..with Twitter available for people. It's gotta be tamed down a ton right?

Yes and i will tear each episode a new one like can boys of other stuff do with various movies and shows. It's the first time it will bother me, I don't even care about Marvel changes

Yes and i will tear each episode a new one like can boys of other stuff do with various movies and shows. It's the first time it will bother me, I don't even care about Marvel changes
I think I've moved past that phase. I don't know what material would make me go nuts like that again. Even the stupid GoT events this season with the book deviations didn't get me. Or the Gotham central complete misfire. I view them like the multiverse. They're some other altered version doing their own thing and if I don't like it I move on. I still have my universe to return to.

Rhaknar

I think I've moved past that phase. I don't know what material would make me go nuts like that again. Even the stupid GoT events this season with the book deviations didn't get me. Or the Gotham central complete misfire. I view them like the multiverse. They're some other altered version doing their own thing and if I don't like it I move on. I still have my universe to return to.

Like I said, nothing so far made me go there, so I guess I never got to that phase :p

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
is Kipp fired yet? Is he now homeless, living underneath the bridge? Tarp has sprung a leak and the animals he's trapped have all become his pets? Living off of grass and the drippings from his ceiling? Its ok to eat the fish Kipp; they don't have any feelings.

I'm not fired yet! :D
12 hours from now, when I go into work in the morning, I'll know for sure whether I've made it or not. Either I'll see that I'm fired right when I got in or I won't be fired at all.
Honestly, even if I get fired it's not hugely consequential. I updated my resume for that FroYo manager position and I realized that that job looks really dumb on a resume (which makes sense; it's a really dumb job).
Either way, that job will only be a footnote on my resume after my next job.
Plus, I wouldn't mind the free time... I could live my dream of becoming a piano tuner.
Really the only bummer about getting fired would be that it would be mildly humiliating and would probably hurt my self-esteem a tiny bit for a short while.

See, I just complain about it out loud to them! That leaves no record!

See, all of my coworkers work remotely and are on Skype. I literally sit in an office by myself (except for on Fridays when my boss comes into the office) which is the main reason it's absolutely necessary to complain about how boring and awful of a job it is in order to stay sane.

But yes, under normal circumstances, I'd much prefer there to be no record of my complaints. Haha. I knew from the very beginning that there was a decent chance that I'd one day get in trouble due to Skype conversations. :p

Great, and all of them. Great po boys, gumbo, Jambalaya, and beignets were had. We got sandwiches at Manhattanjack -- including a chicken and waffle sandwich -- and went to The Fly to watch barges and giant rat fights.

Listened to jazz outside Yuki and The Blue Nile, and inside a zydeco place. Went shopping in a voodoo shop. Some antiquing for weird shit. Saw a preacher in the middle of Bourbon St with a giant white cross, near a sign that said Huge Ass Beers. Entertaining.

Totally worth an eight hour drive in both directions.

Awesome! Glad you had such a great time!

Rhaknar

Ket you're doing the MU thing, have you been reading that x-force?

I think the Pre N52 detective comics run of is the true top tier work for the character. The N52 wasn't bad but not near as good as having rucka at the helm

Rucka basically defined what the character would be going into the New 52, but Blackman was building up to something so insane. I think, putting aside the marriage thing which is a huge deal in itself, the biggest disappointment is that I'll never get to see a true conclusion to what they had been building up to.

I wanted Kate to kick Batman's ass goddamnit

Rhaknar

Naw. I stopped after remender left. I read one issue of humphries (I think) and dropped it. I do want to catch up on mighty avengers but gotta go back to the start

Remender was never on this one. If you dropped it on the volume with Puck that one was awful. You should give this latest one a try, it's very different, I love it (and not in a I'm a fanboy way, I just said I hated the puck one :p)

Remender was never on this one. If you dropped it on the volume with Puck that one was awful. You should give this latest one a try, it's very different, I love it (and not in a I'm a fanboy way, I just said I hated the puck one :p)
Ah yes it was the puck one. I'll give it a shot. Didn't know it was reset from tha one. I'm still happy about the events from Avengers world. Sixis redemption?

OMG Tim! JC! You're not going to believe this weeks CMX DC sale. At first I was ho-hum about it because it was more N52 runs I already own (B&R Get!) and then BAM
- 40 issues of Hitman on sale
- JL3000 on sale
- a little Waid JLA and Morrison Batman & Batman inc

And now for deep cuts Dr Fate & Omega man series. If anyone has thoughts on these I'd love to hear them!

Are these Omega man and Dr Fate books Any good?

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Universe-Week-2-Sale/page/6957?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

OMG Tim! JC! You're not going to believe this weeks CMX DC sale. At first I was ho-hum about it because it was more N52 runs I already own (B&R Get!) and then BAM
- 40 issues of Hitman on sale
- JL3000 on sale
- a little Waid JLA and Morrison Batman & Batman inc

And now for deep cuts Dr Fate & Omega man series. If anyone has thoughts on these I'd love to hear them!

Are these Omega man and Dr Fate books Any good?

https://www.comixology.com/DC-Universe-Week-2-Sale/page/6957?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA
How did Red Hood and the Outlaws get 40 issues

JC you should hook me up with Hitman, I'm just sayin

Owzers

Jurassic World trailers just bug me.

"so who's the alpha?"

" you're looking at him kid."

Nooooo no way that cant' be real dialogue in a real movie, you're wrecking my dreams.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Started Lumberjanes, read the first two, had to stop.

This has got to be the nicest quality trade that I've ever encountered. The cover has this velvety smoothness to it, and the pages are perfectly thick, and the colors are rich and deep like a dark chocolate pond.

Good work, Boom. Would buy again.

Tizoc

So like
what if they announce a Suicide Squad video game during E3
From Platinum?

Or maybe it's that SpiderGwen game they been wanting to make for whatever reason

Reading bizarro speak is the most frustrating thing in comics. I thought the old ventriloquist was bad, then bizarro showed. Some words are opposite but not all! You guess which ones are what. Ahhhh

Eh Bizarro-speak is easy to take in once you've read it a couple of times. Lucky for me I got conditioned on it thanks to All-Star Supes.

So weird to come here and see people talking comics.

Also is it ever specified that Banner raped She-Hulk? Can't seem to recall that particular bit. Tbh can't even remember it being implied.

Anyway. Guys. Guuuuyyyysss.... i'm running outta people to defeat at gwent D:
And i've only, like, 150 "?" marks left total on all maps DDD:::: (of which some 70 are in the ocean, so that can fuck rite off)

Muh Witcher optional content is ending ;(

yknow, its weird. i've never even remotely considered clearing the skyrim map, and can generally clear fallout 3 and NV in well under 80 hours, but w3 for some reason makes me go all "moar plz"

So like
what if they announce a Suicide Squad video game during E3
From Platinum?

Given how shit Anarchy Reigns was, i wouldnt expect much.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Started Lumberjanes, read the first two, had to stop.

This has got to be the nicest quality trade that I've ever encountered. The cover has this velvety smoothness to it, and the pages are perfectly thick, and the colors are rich and deep like a dark chocolate pond.

Good work, Boom. Would buy again.

Yes! I have the Six Gun Gorilla TPB, and before I received it I was a little taken aback by how much it cost compared to other publisher's TPBs... But then I held it in my hands and it just felt so quality.

Rhaknar

Also is it ever specified that Banner raped She-Hulk? Can't seem to recall that particular bit. Tbh can't even remember it being implied.

Specified? No. Implied? Well you would need to conclude that Jen was so fucked up in this world that she would willingly fuck her cousin to mate. He said he was crazy because of th3 radiation (well he said that's what people say at least), and has supposed to be a horrible monster (no pun intended) in this so that would imply it I guess. And it worked :p

frye

hmmm still missing the 2nd volume of Hitman (did cop a copy of Kirby's OMAC today tryna find it tho) so maybe I should bite on this

It's such a gruesome comic disguised in an adorable cartoon package. I knew as much - to an extent - going in but I didn't know the allegory would resonate so deeply. There are so many moments of nonchalant cruelty that work as humor right before the familiarity of certain specifics sink in. Like that munchkin dude stealing the infected girls berry portion under the guise of protecting it from being stolen. Funny and tragic at the same time throughout and it works so well.

The ending is maybe my favourite part of the whole thing, where
Aurora just does what you want her to do in such a viscerally satisfying way

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
There was not nearly enough Lumberjanes in Volume 1. I need more.

It's just excellent, it's perfectly in line with something like Gravity Falls or what I've seen of Steven Universe. Probably not as out there as Adventure Time, but just so good. I wish I knew young people so that I could give it to them.

Top Bottom