• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

That image is a send up of the classic Sex Pistols album "Nevermind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols" and punk rock imagery.

The background text says Nevermind the Mutants. Jean Grey is modeled off Debbie Harry and for whatever reason Sue Storm is Madonna.

It would have worked much better if the background said "Nevermind the Inhumans here's the Mutants" and had modeled Sue off someone who actually had ties to the punk movement, like maybe Siouxsie Sioux from Siouxsie and the Banshees.

It's someone appropriating imagery of the punk movement from the 70s without quite understanding it.

add that and "humor" to the list of things whoever created that image doesn't "get"

Lol yup.

So much potential there too.

zennyzz

You know, thinking about it.

A well written spiderman/spiderwoman team up book would play out a lot like hawkeye and hawkeye albeit far more venomous

Messi

Amerikate written by Ann Nocenti and drawn by various erotic Zenescope cover artists.

Pull or pass. Choose.

Pull :(

I can't sleep on Amerikate

Does GH mean Kate as in Bishop?

tumblr_n9nhy4fQ6m1s91rjyo1_250.png

It's real to me damn it.

"You're not that straight."

OMG YOU GUYZ KATIE KATE TOTALLY HAS A SECRET LADY BONER FOR MS AMERICA CHAVEZ HOW AWESOME IS THAT MARVEL SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE THEM ALMOST-LESBIANS FOR-REAL LESBIANS

Messi

And just like everything else from Young Avengers it'll never be mentioned or picked up on again.

Also that thirst is entirely one sided.

GH. I hate you sometimes.
always

OMG YOU GUYZ KATIE KATE TOTALLY HAS A SECRET LADY BONER FOR MS AMERICA CHAVEZ HOW AWESOME IS THAT MARVEL SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE THEM ALMOST-LESBIANS FOR-REAL LESBIANS

Still shipping batman and wondy?

ElNarez

Banned
also why the heck are you heterosexuals so clingy can't you let us have one fucking volume of one fucking book that's not even running right now? you have to make everyone in every goddamn book straight? maybe you're the ones who are fucked up, just sayin

Nudull

Banned
also why the heck are you heterosexuals so clingy can't you let us have one fucking volume of one fucking book that's not even running right now? you have to make everyone in every goddamn book straight? maybe you're the ones who are fucked up, just sayin

I'd kill for a Marvel book full of nude fanservice dudes.

Including Thanos. Especially Thanos.

Hulkling: gay
Wiccan: gay
America: bi
Loki: omnisexual

"heeelp heeelp, im not represented enuff"

"you heterosexuals" :/

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wooooooo! Still not fired! Just an hour and a half to go until I find out for sure whether or not I'm in the clear.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
as one of the forum's most outspoken members in regards to minority representation in media it's really dumb

it's like instead of accepting Sam Wilson as the new Cap, you go on deviant art and paint Steve in blackface

yeah exactly

it was a joke

Kate is straight, she literally says so in Young Avengers

writing fanfic that makes her gay is fine, just accept that it isn't cannon

ElNarez

Banned
Hulkling: gay
Wiccan: gay
America: bi
Loki: omnisexual

"heeelp heeelp, im not represented enuff"

You're seriously making the point I was kinda sorta mocking, with regards to the "don't you Ell-Gee-Bee-Tees have enough already?" thing that's beyond dumb and gross. I'm making fun of Spike as part of an obviously hyperbolic argument, and you come in here with that, and that's really fucking terrible.

It's a genuinely dumb argument, and I shouldn't have to explain why there should be more than one book that doesn't have a white or male or heterosexual or cis or able-bodied lead (or leads),

Also you forgot Noh-Varr (alien, has been in heterosexual relationships BUT has mentioned same-sex relationships, so maybe bi or even possibly pan) and Prodigy (bi).

You're seriously making the point I was kinda sorta mocking, with regards to the "don't you Ell-Gee-Bee-Tees have enough already?" thing that's beyond dumb and gross. I'm making fun of Spike as part of an obviously hyperbolic argument, and you come in here with that, and that's really fucking terrible.

It's a genuinely dumb argument, and I shouldn't have to explain why there should be more than one book that doesn't have a white or male or heterosexual or cis or able-bodied lead (or leads),

Also you forgot Noh-Varr (alien, has been in heterosexual relationships BUT has mentioned same-sex relationships, so maybe bi or even possibly pan) and Prodigy (bi).

No, im busting your balls in jest.

Nice tirade, tho.

(All my YA knowledge comes from that one time wiccan and the other guy kept getting punked by the hood)

ElNarez

Banned
No, im busting your balls in jest.

Nice tirade, tho.

(All my YA knowledge comes from that one time wiccan and the other guy kept getting punked by the hood)

Okay I gotta go with echo, we need to tone it way the fuck down on all the goddamn irony this place is getting unbearably absurd and I will not stand for all that goddamn preposterousness. We're getting so far up our own ass we're beginning to look like Kot and Rudy's Winter Soldier run.

Zombine

Banned
I'm legit begging everyone to use common sense to just not even go there. I understand the absurdity of this, but I don't even think it's worth dragging this out even jokingly. I don't want this place locked and I don't want to see anyone get banned.

Top Bottom