• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Probably because it was from a crappy comic that I remember nothing about other than "Guy Gardner with extreme alien powers!"

Everything about this statement appears to be accurate. Still. It makes it all the more amusing to see just what is up with it in JL3K1.

They really should have gotten someone who knew what they were doing to do the LGBT history video for DC. They're straight up forgetting swaths of history and saying stuff like Gail Simone's Batgirl was the first book with a transgender character in it. It's like, lolwut? No? Not even counting Marvel stuff or indie stuff, there is a previous instance in DCs own continuity with Shvaughn Erin.

Huh, that's weird, wonder how they could overlook such a thing?

Shvaughn Erin is a fictional character in the 30th and 31st centuries of the DC Comics Universe, appearing primarily as a supporting character in the various Legion of Super-Heroes series. A native of the planet Earth, she is a member of the Science Police, the law enforcement arm of the United Planets.

oh, there it is

G-Fex

I just started reading comics again since comixology is having a bit of a sale for some DC stuff. I went through my books I already bought. I read new 52 supes #1 and Harley quinn #1 , they're alright. But I liked Adventures of superman #1 a lot more. Also 87 John Byrne Superman #1 was pretty damn based in what I assume is Metallo's first appearance.

Checking out red hood and the outlaws now.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So much for any calories you burned at the gym. Worth it, though.

well i'm still in 💪🏾 bulk 💪🏾 mode for 2 weeks🍕🍔🍟🍚

then i need a week or two of hard cardio to cut 🏃🏾

then it's 😎😎 season 👍🏾

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The only time i hear people say kilos is in movies regarding drugs.
metric-system.png

(no offense, I couldnt miss the opportunity :D)
Drug running might pay off now, but you can't read comics in prison.
But otherwise I cant buy all these facy OHCs

Huh, that's weird, wonder how they could overlook such a thing?

oh, there it is

I get that it's cute to make fun of now and all. But you do realize that at one point LOSH was one of their better performing titles, right? In fact at one point in DC's history they sold better than Action Comics. But putting all of that aside, they also missed out on several more recent and prominent examples. So it's asinine when you say it's the first transgendered character in a comic book. It smacks of absolutely no research done at all.

The funny thing is, RHatO isn't even that bad. It's just kind of stupid fun as it managed to avoid the Lobdell curse.

I know you can also say "well at least the art is by Rocafort", but somehow the story manages to drag that through the dirt too. I most certainly did not have fun. :(

tim1138

Tim Tim Tim. Have you read those DC omega men or dr fate books on sale on CMX? From the covers there's a female Dr date too? And the writer is the same as a lot of the giffen Collaborations.

I can't vouch for the entirety of the Omega Men, I've only read the first six or seven issues (whichever ones Giffen drew).

The JM DeMatteis Dr Fate stuff is really good, definitely worth checking out.

M-maybe i'll start aquaman then.

Good choice!

I just started reading comics again since comixology is having a bit of a sale for some DC stuff. I went through my books I already bought. I read new 52 supes #1 and Harley quinn #1 , they're alright. But I liked Adventures of superman #1 a lot more. Also 87 John Byrne Superman #1 was pretty damn based in what I assume is Metallo's first appearance.

Checking out red hood and the outlaws now.
ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Don't listen to these heathens. I was scared to, but Lobdell took my hand and guided me to paradise. Jesus wept.

I was leaning toward the aquadude anyway

Just read the first trade if Johns run and man it is good. Really recommend Snyder and Capullos batman if you haven't as well. I got John's JL run as well after seeing it crossed over with aquaman and loving Aquaman. Reading the first issue it was crazy how much of the Justice League War movie was an adaptation of this. Like scene for scene ! That's interesting, and will deff keep me from watching throne of Atlantis for now !

Good thing we have this thread to check in on ! Anything must read in the new DC 52 sale on comix ? Besides redhood and the outlaws ? :p

Justice League 3000, Batman Beyond and Batman and Robin are all easy locks imo. If you get Batman and Robin, you'll want Robin Rises Omega and Robin Rises Alpha.

I personally feel like Flash is way better than people give it credit for and the visual style is so phenomenal that any weakness in story is overshadowed, imo.

Uncanny X-Force might very well be one of the best things I've ever read. Can't wait for volume two. Captain Britain is not particularly happy with his sister...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I personally feel like Flash is way better than people give it credit for and the visual style is so phenomenal that any weakness in story is overshadowed, imo.

it really, really, really is

Uncanny X-Force might very well be one of the best things I've ever read. Can't wait for volume two. Captain Britain is not particularly happy with his sister...

also true! i love comics!

I still need to actually watch Flash. Only experience I have with the character is his bit-part role in Justice League. Haven't read any solo books of his at all.

tim1138

The only interesting story was the Grodd one, that was a lot of fun. The rest was all style and no substance, it may as well have been wordless for how forgettable the stories were.

Top Bottom