• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

So what is everybody reading right now? If you're not reading anything, what's next?

Not reading anything, and honestly, might be done for awhile. I'm depressed in general and my to-read pile is one of many things that isn't helping.

Redesign, Rebuild, Reclaim I guess.

I can't watch Game of Thrones for about two and a half hours. :(

Should I get off the internet?

Probably. Although the twitter machine was lit up because HBO GO crashed as soon as the episode went live it looks like.

What are we.

We're all soldiers now.

They keep killing off my favorite characters. First
Joffrey
and now
Ramsey
. I am done with this show!

Ramsey was a piece of fucking shit.
I'm also glad that
they killed off Rickon, because he was also a piece of shit but for different reasons. His whole character was just garbage filler. I'm glad to see they're cutting the fat hardcore this season.

Any of you guys see 10 Cloverfield Lane? I'm debating between watching that tonight, or plowing through some more of Season 4 of Orange is the New Black.

Messi

Kevin Love XD

ClXYt_1UgAAfWwx.jpg

VanWinkle

I recently started over since it has been a long break. Everything after Death of the Family will be new for me.

Oh, nice. I still need to read everything after #40. Plus the one-shots that are collected in volume 6.

There's some bit of mixed opinions on Zero Year but most of us here adore it.

Vyer

Nba finals

Game of thrones

Now about to fire up Veep and Silicon Valley. What a night

Might top it off with some comics

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Any of you guys see 10 Cloverfield Lane? I'm debating between watching that tonight, or plowing through some more of Season 4 of Orange is the New Black.

I really liked it. It does some things hat have proven polarizing, but I love the tone that it has and think it had some very good performances.

I also read all of Ewing's Mighty Avengers/Cap and... That's some good comics. The Last Does of stuff hit me in my soft spot.

Owzers

10 Cloverfield Lane was pretty good but felt like it was always lacking something.

Must stop browsing comics-gaf until after I watch wrestling events.....

Nba finals

Game of thrones

Now about to fire up Veep and Silicon Valley. What a night

Might top it off with some comics

I know exactly what you mean, I come home from work, watch the end of the finals (boo), watch GoT (cool), watch SV (lol), get on my laptop to see Anton Yelchin had passed away who was way too fucking young, real sad. RIP

What a night indeed.

Nighthawk #1
I enjoyed this for the most part. Dialogue felt a bit stiff, and while it isn't a total dealbreaker, I'm not a fan of the art. Like, at all. Otherwise it has me intrigued, so I'll go in on the next issue
It has two artists. Otto Schmidt (the guy you like) and Juan Ferreyra (the one you should be excited for)

This is Juan's Black Canary in #3
That looks godlike.
Whats wrong with Ohio?
It's free as fuck
Ohio's alright. I have to drive into Ohio to get some Chick-fil-A. Driving there is a pain though. Lower speed limits and cops pulling you over for 5 over.
MONSTERS
Half way done with Claremont X-Men Omnibus Volume 1. Wolverine was an ass hole since the beginning.

Oh yeah. He's only semi-likable and not even remotely cool until the Hellfire Club.

Black Panther by Priest (#1-8)

I've been meaning to read this for a while. Now that I'm caught up on the current Marvel stuff, I finally got started. It's a bit wordy at times but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Looking forward to the rest.

And I really wish DC had a MC Unlimited equivalent. Kind of crazy how they don't.

Mindwipe

I think I'm going to cancel MU again. I do the vast majority of my reading offline, and the offline viewing feature is just a disaster tbh. Licenses constantly corrupt and make books unreadable. It's a shame, but CMX can make it work.

So what is everybody reading right now? If you're not reading anything, what's next?

Reading Half Past Danger, should wrap that up today. Also picked up Injustice v1 from the library, might jump on that next. I did read part of the first issue and I don't know if that book is for me. Also picked up Julio's Day. Don't plan to read Palomar till after I finish Locas but I thought I should give this a shot. Seems like a fairly short read.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Looking for my next "complete" story to start.

I bought Mind MGMT, Fatale & Rachel Rising.

Will try the first issues of each & decide - but GAF suggestions are always welcome.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MU weekly update, big one this week:

Amazing Spidey #5
Angela #3
Sam Cap #4
Daredevil #2
Darth Vader #14
Deadpool #4
Extraordinary X-Men #4
Mighty Thor #2
Ms Marvel #2
Silk #2
Squadron Supreme #1
Starbrand & Nightmask #1
Squirrel Girl #3
Uncanny Inhumans #3
Web Warriors #2
Ultimate End #5 (lol)
Weirdworld #1

and then a bunch of old clone spider-man bullshit, because of the upcoming arc I guess

I'd go for BPRD next. First volume is the weakest (I think one arc is even by your favorite, Geoff Johns) but it finds its groove near the end once Arcudi and Davis join in and becomes REALLY good.

You've also hit the point where Mignola stops drawing the main series. Corben's art is good but Fegredo's art in the final trilogy is amazing.

So I go to a to a 2 star Michelin restaurant for a 7 course tasting menu, have three amazing courses and I am now informed course 4 includes a side of leftover KFC...

YsFaEJz.png

Yeah, I think I will jump on BPRD next.

Mindwipe

There's a War Machine sale on at CMX. As much as I lolled when I read that, the Iron Man run where War Machine is introduced is bone fide gold, so that's well worth picking up.

Looking for my next "complete" story to start.

I bought Mind MGMT, Fatale & Rachel Rising.

Will try the first issues of each & decide - but GAF suggestions are always welcome.

These are good picks. I'd recommend The Fade Out if you enjoy Fatale.

Li Kao

Hey ComicGAF, a little help here, I'm trying to make a pull list (running joke) and I was wondering, are Lois & Clark and Earth 2 canceled ? For L&C I would think so but better safe than sorry.

VanWinkle

Hey ComicGAF, a little help here, I'm trying to make a pull list (running joke) and I was wondering, are Lois & Clark and Earth 2 canceled ? For L&C I would think so but better safe than sorry.

I could be misremembering, but I recall hearing that Earth 2 will go on as usual.

VanWinkle

I'm in the middle of I Hate Fairyland 6. I'm still enjoying it but it has started to lose its luster. Might have been better if it was just a mini.

Justice League N52 Vol 3. Throne of Atlantis. It's pretty good so far. I'm like three or maybe four issues in.

Finally started playing my PS+ copy of Injustice and beat the story over the weekend, which was actually a lot more fun then I thought it would be. I was only planning to play it for an hour or two and ended up beating the whole thing,which took about 5-6 hours.

Then I made the mistake of trying to battle people online...
I should've known the only people playing still playing online are the real hardcore crowd. My poor butthole T_T

Messi

Finally started playing my PS+ copy of Injustice and beat the story over the weekend, which was actually a lot more fun then I thought it would be. I was only planning to play it for an hour or two and ended up beating the whole thing,which took about 5-6 hours.

Then I made the mistake of trying to battle people online...
I should've known the only people playing still playing online are the real hardcore crowd. My poor butthole T_T

Read the injustice comic series. It is really fucking good. Better than the games story too. Also. Olly/Harley and mustache harley.

Harley is so good in injustice

Read the injustice comic series. It is really fucking good. Better than the games story too. Also. Olly/Harley and mustache harley.

Harley is so good in injustice

I've heard! It's definitely on my reading list. It's currently sitting behind Justice League, Flash, and Batman (all New 52).

Is Year 5 supposed to be the last year as the series started 5 years before the events of the game? Or are they going to start making comics based on the game's story?

I've heard! It's definitely on my reading list. It's currently sitting behind Justice League, Flash, and Batman (all New 52).

Is Year 5 supposed to be the last year as the series started 5 years before the events of the game? Or are they going to start making comics based on the game's story?

I assumed they'd soon start bridging the gap between games with the new one announced, but not sure.

I assumed they'd soon start bridging the gap between games with the new one announced, but not sure.

Depending on how far in 2017 Injustice 2 is gonna come out they could do an entire Injustce 2 comic series, which would be cool.

But that would also mean Injustice 2 comics being released alongside Injustice 1 comics, which seems weird.

Messi

Depending on how far in 2017 Injustice 2 is gonna come out they could do an entire Injustce 2 comic series, which would be cool.

But that would also mean Injustice 2 comics being released alongside Injustice 1 comics, which seems weird.

Fairly sure Injustice is ending. I'd assume it will come back for another round closer to Injustice 2.

Top Bottom