• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Thanks.
To bad that all of this funny Superboy Prime stuff seems to happen in Crisises and I wont start yet another just to have no idea what the hell is going on.

Yeah, that was probably the best version of Prime we'll ever get.

Yup, and in recent interviews Remender
confirms it is exactly what it looks like. RIP Marcus. :(

U srs m8? God dammit. I had enough of this shit when Gillen did it in WicDiv.

U srs m8? God dammit. I had enough of this shit when Gillen did it in WicDiv.

Yuuuup

For most of the deaths in Issue #21, there was no doubt that these characters were gone. But with Marcus, you cut away and gave us what felt like a flashback. Can you definitively say that Marcus is dead?

He got stabbed in the heart with a sword, and he's a 15 year old kid. Also, that wasn't a flashback at the end -- that was an alt-version of reality, a final dream. That was the day he and his family went on the boat, and the schizophrenic woman jumped and killed his parents. Only in this version, when they said, "Hey, let's go do that," Marcus says, "I don't want to." And they say, "Okay, let's go for a walk in the park instead." So that's really sort of Marcus' last thoughts that you're getting at the end, which is as close to a happy ending as he was ever going to get.

Sounds like Saya is actually the star of the book now, too.

Full Interview (Heavy spoilers for Deadly Class 21)

Owzers

I wanted to thank you guys for not spoiling the winner of tonight's NBA Finals, i've avoided the internet the last two days to keep it a surprise and it's only about an hour and a half away, i shouldn't even be posting now but the excitement wins.

I wanted to thank you guys for not spoiling the winner of tonight's NBA Finals, i've avoided the internet the last two days to keep it a surprise and it's only about an hour and a half away, i shouldn't even be posting now but the excitement wins.

LeBron loses his third straight Finals, which is pretty amazing when you think about it.

Source: I'm from the future.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is the guy that scores 3 pointers from like the other side of town in the finals?

Owzers

Kindly take all nba finals spoilers talk to the OT Spoilers thread. Some of us try to avoid the leaks.

edit: I'm way behind on Deadly Class..in that i've only read the first issue despite buying the first three trades. Dodging spoilers behind Reinhardt's shield.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Must not read Deadly Class spoilers. Must not read Deadly Class spoilers. Must not read Deadly Class spoilers. Must not read Deadly Class spoilers. Must not read Deadly Class spoilers.

Picked up a book called Half Past Danger from the library. (Because Jordie Bellaire was listed on colours and I love the genre). An Irish Indiana Jones type character fighting Nazis and Dinosaurs. First two issues have been light pulpy fun. Writing and Art by Stephen Mooney. Most of his work apart from this seems to be on licensed stuff.

uYnn8NQ.jpg

Zombine

Banned
Jordie is a universal constant in comics. If she isn't working then there are going to be a lot of good books in black & white.

Ponn

Banned
Thinking of picking up Superior Foes of Spider-Man omnibus during this IST sale. Is it a good blind pick up? And i'm very interested in Deadly Class i've just been sticking with trades and have been waiting for that HC collection for Deadly Class coming out soon to jump in.

Messi

Thinking of picking up Superior Foes of Spider-Man omnibus during this IST sale. Is it a good blind pick up? And i'm very interested in Deadly Class i've just been sticking with trades and have been waiting for that HC collection for Deadly Class coming out soon to jump in.

Absolutely yes

MaxHouse

Banned
I read Green Arrow: Rebirth and while I do like, I don't really like the ham-fisted politics in it

I know Ollie is generally one of more liberal voices of the DC Universe, but it just seems badly implemented by the writer

It has two artists. Otto Schmidt (the guy you like) and Juan Ferreyra (the one you should be excited for)

This is Juan's Black Canary in #3

Those look good. Based on solicits, it looks like Schmidt might be done after #2. Ferreyra is on art for #3-5, and possibly beyond.

I read Green Arrow: Rebirth and while I do like, I don't really like the ham-fisted politics in it

I know Ollie is generally one of more liberal voices of the DC Universe, but it just seems badly implemented by the writer

That's the best part of the character and this series for me. It's what distinguishes him from being a knock off Batman. Bleeding heart Ollie all day, every day.

MaxHouse

Banned
Those look good. Based on solicits, it looks like Schmidt might be done after #2. Ferreyra is on art for #3-5, and possibly beyond.

That's the best part of the character and this series for me. It's what distinguishes him from being a knock off Batman. Bleeding heart Ollie all day, every day.

I have no problem with Ollie being political...its just its not really implemented well by Percy

I have no problem with Ollie being political...its just its not really implemented well by Percy

Seems good to me, but I guess my expectations are low for comic book political commentary as a whole. Green Arrow feels fresh to me in the sense that you don't get this type of stuff from the big two.

Yeah I feel the same way, but it's not as bad in GA #1. I'm still not as in love with the book as many here but I'm coming around.

Catching up on Rebirth and man, it was good see Batwoman, Steph and Cass in one book. Also good to see Tim in a costume that doesn't look horrible.

Zombine

Banned
Catching up on Rebirth and man, it was good see Batwoman, Steph and Cass in one book. Also good to see Tim in a costume that doesn't look horrible.

Really cool yet entirely forgettable first issue. I loved it, but it doesn't have any hook to keep going. The highlight of the issue to me was
clayface in the theater.

That's right up there with the JLU Star-Girl/Martian Manhunter hug for me.

I KNOW WHAT THIS IS!

VanWinkle

Hmm. I get what you're saying. I don't like overly one-sided politics in comics. It WAS, as you said, a little ham-fisted in the rebirth issue, but it's not nearly as heavy in the proper issue #1. And I don't mind if they keep that aspect of him in there. Even if I don't subscribe to every liberal belief, I like that it separates him from the average superhero.

Finished all of Morrison Batman. Chris Burnham's art is absolutely disgusting. Ruined a lot of the allure of Batman Inc. He's riffing off Quietly but somehow worse, which I didn't think was possible. Morrison sure seems to dig that style.

Story was good but not great. Morrison really likes to take a perfectly straightforward concept and overcomplicated the shit out of it. I somehow love it and hate it at the same time.

Top Bottom