• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Fairly sure Injustice is ending. I'd assume it will come back for another round closer to Injustice 2.

Injustice is going to end after Year Five, isn't that the thing? Now depending on when Injustice 2 takes place, they can get another few years out of the book around that time-frame.

amazingspider-man122-20.jpg
"Straights like me and Gwen"

What?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
and apparently MJ knew the whole time and was sworn to secrecy

Sins-Past-1.png

Amazing this story got past the idea stage and nobody said "Hmm...no? yea we're going with no, guys."
Axel was the one who wanted the change to Osborn, JMS original idea with Peter beeing the father of the twins makes sense in the context of the old stuff.
She just gave birth in secret, told nobody, it fits.

Squadron Supreme #9
Aw man. Missed a fight, but also got a cool fight. Also, the reason I picked up this book is now done, however I'm still gonna keep reading it because I like it. A lot of twists and reveals in this issue.
MJ was a party girl, not a boring homebody like Pete and Gwen. Straights meant something completely different then.

It meant the same thing as squares.
This is what I figured.
John Stewart?

I have a health update...and it's like 90% good news! Sorry I haven't updated you guys on what's been going on in awhile. It's been quite a rollercoaster and I figured I'd spare you all until we had a solid idea of what the plan is. I've really appreciated all the thoughtful PMs in the meantime, and I've tried to respond to all of them. Comicgaf really is the best.

Anyway. I've had two additional ultrasounds and a biopsy since I last updated you guys. It was a FNA (fine needle aspiration) biopsy after all, not a surgical one, so the problem node is still in there. The doc who did the biopsy only wanted to do the one...he said the other two of the biggest nodes becoming enlarged is quite common due to respiratory illnesses so he wasn't concerned about them.

The results came back benign! Which of course is fantastic news. But I had another follow-up ultrasound to check on its growth progress and yeah, it's still growing pretty rapidly, along with a few surrounding nodes. I met with my ENT doc last week to discuss our options, and we agreed to have a few of them taken out.

Surgery of course is always pretty crappy but this should be no big deal. I've already had neck surgery twice so I'm kinda...used to it I guess? And I don't have to have any radiation....no radiation beam, no radioactive iodine/isolation tank, etc. So I'm pretty happy with where we're at.

Anyway, still waiting for the scheduler from the hospital to call and get things set up. I'll let you guys know how the surgery goes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I didnt even know they were doing another NOW thing

I have a health update...and it's like 90% good news! Sorry I haven't updated you guys on what's been going on in awhile. It's been quite a rollercoaster and I figured I'd spare you all until we had a solid idea of what the plan is. I've really appreciated all the thoughtful PMs in the meantime, and I've tried to respond to all of them. Comicgaf really is the best.

Anyway. I've had two additional ultrasounds and a biopsy since I last updated you guys. It was a FNA (fine needle aspiration) biopsy after all, not a surgical one, so the problem node is still in there. The doc who did the biopsy only wanted to do the one...he said the other two of the biggest nodes becoming enlarged is quite common due to respiratory illnesses so he wasn't concerned about them.

The results came back benign! Which of course is fantastic news. But I had another follow-up ultrasound to check on its growth progress and yeah, it's still growing pretty rapidly, along with a few surrounding nodes. I met with my ENT doc last week to discuss our options, and we agreed to have a few of them taken out.

Surgery of course is always pretty crappy but this should be no big deal. I've already had neck surgery twice so I'm kinda...used to it I guess? And I don't have to have any radiation....no radiation beam, no radioactive iodine/isolation tank, etc. So I'm pretty happy with where we're at.

Anyway, still waiting for the scheduler from the hospital to call and get things set up. I'll let you guys know how the surgery goes.

Way ta go!

So as I'm reading New 52 Flash monthlies, I'm noticing a lot of editor's notes when a past event is referenced. They will point out the comic number it happened in.

Is this something that's normal for monthly issues?

I've only been reading trades before this, so I assume the remove these notes in the trades?

Or is it just something that the Flash's editors like to do?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The results came back benign! .

That's great to hear. And you got that eyeball loop put back in, right?

So as I'm reading New 52 Flash monthlies, I'm noticing a lot of editor's notes when a past event is referenced. They will point out the comic number it happened in.

I've only been reading trades before this, so I assume the remove these notes in the trades?

This is a thing that used to be more common than it is now. I'd guess that they do it when it was recent enough to maybe make a sale. I know that there were a few in the Ewing Might Avengers book that I just read and have done it in Squirrel Girl and Howard the Duck, but I don't know if they take them out of the trades.

That's totally normal for all cape comics, and I think they usually leave them in for trades.

I didnt even know they were doing another NOW thing
Announced a couple weeks ago, I think. I don't understand the point. The first one was a big brand re-imaging, right? Which is what ANAD also was, right? So what's the point of a Marvel NOW! redux only a year after ANAD?

It honestly depends. Used to be a big thing back in the day, particularly with Stan Lee. Nowadays, the editor's references usually only refer to something that the reader may have forgotten about, and even then it completely depends on who is editing. It's still not unusual to see them.

That's great to hear. And you got that eyeball loop put back in, right?

Ha ha it went back in on its own while I was sleeping. My eye doc couldn't believe it.

I feel like it's only a matter of time before it just slips out again. It's really hard not to rub my eye when there is a tube rubbing directly against it

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Ha ha it went back in on its own while I was sleeping. My eye doc couldn't believe it.

I feel like it's only a matter of time before it just slips out again. It's really hard not to rub my eye when there is a tube rubbing directly against it

Eesh, that sounds mighty uncomfortable. Glad it's all good, though.

Zombine

Banned
echo's news is the best news in comics all week.

Also, it's pretty bad that I'm already waxing nostalgic about Marvel NOW! ANAD has been kind of weird. Remember when Hawkeye came out? Good times.

Top Bottom