• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Really cool yet entirely forgettable first issue. I loved it, but it doesn't have any hook to keep going. The highlight of the issue to me was
clayface in the theater.[/spoIier]
I've read Batman, Detective Comics and The Flash so far and I'm not high on any of them right now. Bought Supes, WW and Green Arrow. Will give them a read this week and see if any of them grab me.

Maybe expecting too much from first issues.

VanWinkle

Finished all of Morrison Batman. Chris Burnham's art is absolutely disgusting. Ruined a lot of the allure of Batman Inc. He's riffing off Quietly but somehow worse, which I didn't think was possible. Morrison sure seems to dig that style.

Story was good but not great. Morrison really likes to take a perfectly straightforward concept and overcomplicated the shit out of it. I somehow love it and hate it at the same time.

I'm right there with you, although I like Burnham's art better than Quietly, who I'm not huge into. I definitely didn't love the run like most people did.

I thought Batman Inc. was pretty straight forward all things considered. Morrison's run just felt like a big love letter to Batman, his legacy, and the whole Batfamily. Inc. and Batman & Robin are my favorite Batman comics period.

VanWinkle

I thought Batman Inc. was pretty straight forward all things considered. Morrison's run just felt like a big love letter to Batman, his legacy, and the whole Batfamily. Inc. and Batman & Robin are my favorite Batman comics period.

You are 100% right that it felt like a love letter to Batman's entire history. It succeeded there, but I just didn't enjoy how outlandish and hard to follow it sometimes was. I mean, it was a VERY zany Batman run. And I'm okay with zaniness, but it just didn't hit it out of the park with me. Snyder's Batman run to me is the definitive one. I just can't get over how awesome it is that there were 52 issues almost all written and drawn by the same two guys.

Owzers

Cavvvvvvvs don't lose this! Give it to Love!

League is rigged.

Now all we need is Trump to win to make this a great year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think someone asked for the result to not be spoiler earlier?

Although that seems like asking for the impossible this day and age lol

Owzers

I think someone asked for the result to not be spoiler earlier?

Although that seems like asking for the impossible this day and age lol

That was me! And i meant the league is rigged so the result was known in advance. I haven't seen Money in the Bank or Game of Thrones though, so let's move all "don't spoil things" to that. I think i usually spoil wrestling, though sometimes i try not to but it's so hard when Roman is strong and i have to rush in here and tell everyone about it.

Look, I can't stand LeBron, but it takes a pretty special player to bring his team back from a 3-1 deficit to win the NBA Finals.

And that player is Kyrie Irving.

ElNarez

Banned
Look, I can't stand LeBron, but it takes a pretty special player to bring his team back from a 3-1 deficit to win the NBA Finals.

And that player is Kyrie Irving.

Between him and Roman Reigns, I don't know who's going to be the most overrated champion of the night.

How DARE you. I may not live in Ohio but I'm FROM Ohio. I deserve the most happiness of all TIME.

Therein is the dividing line. Many Ohioans want nothing better than to leave; some of them even went to space to get away. They deserve happiness. It's those of us stuck here that are joyless.

ElNarez

Banned
LeBron would've bailed on y'all all over again if he didn't win, you know that right? Like, I'm real happy for everyone in the Cavs except for him.

ElNarez

Banned
not liking lebron james

in 2016

the guy's a chickenshit traitor who couldn't even win after fucking off to Miami on a team that was literally made for winning the title

he does not deserve forgiveness

he does not deserve redemption

I have been consistent in this belief since 2010, and it will never change

mreddie

giphy.gif

So what is everybody reading right now? If you're not reading anything, what's next?

I'm in the middle of I Hate Fairyland 6. I'm still enjoying it but it has started to lose its luster. Might have been better if it was just a mini.

Top Bottom