• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

I have a health update...and it's like 90% good news! Sorry I haven't updated you guys on what's been going on in awhile. It's been quite a rollercoaster and I figured I'd spare you all until we had a solid idea of what the plan is. I've really appreciated all the thoughtful PMs in the meantime, and I've tried to respond to all of them. Comicgaf really is the best.

Anyway. I've had two additional ultrasounds and a biopsy since I last updated you guys. It was a FNA (fine needle aspiration) biopsy after all, not a surgical one, so the problem node is still in there. The doc who did the biopsy only wanted to do the one...he said the other two of the biggest nodes becoming enlarged is quite common due to respiratory illnesses so he wasn't concerned about them.

The results came back benign! Which of course is fantastic news. But I had another follow-up ultrasound to check on its growth progress and yeah, it's still growing pretty rapidly, along with a few surrounding nodes. I met with my ENT doc last week to discuss our options, and we agreed to have a few of them taken out.

Surgery of course is always pretty crappy but this should be no big deal. I've already had neck surgery twice so I'm kinda...used to it I guess? And I don't have to have any radiation....no radiation beam, no radioactive iodine/isolation tank, etc. So I'm pretty happy with where we're at.

Anyway, still waiting for the scheduler from the hospital to call and get things set up. I'll let you guys know how the surgery goes.
That's awesome to hear!

tim1138

I have a health update...and it's like 90% good news! Sorry I haven't updated you guys on what's been going on in awhile. It's been quite a rollercoaster and I figured I'd spare you all until we had a solid idea of what the plan is. I've really appreciated all the thoughtful PMs in the meantime, and I've tried to respond to all of them. Comicgaf really is the best.

Anyway. I've had two additional ultrasounds and a biopsy since I last updated you guys. It was a FNA (fine needle aspiration) biopsy after all, not a surgical one, so the problem node is still in there. The doc who did the biopsy only wanted to do the one...he said the other two of the biggest nodes becoming enlarged is quite common due to respiratory illnesses so he wasn't concerned about them.

The results came back benign! Which of course is fantastic news. But I had another follow-up ultrasound to check on its growth progress and yeah, it's still growing pretty rapidly, along with a few surrounding nodes. I met with my ENT doc last week to discuss our options, and we agreed to have a few of them taken out.

Surgery of course is always pretty crappy but this should be no big deal. I've already had neck surgery twice so I'm kinda...used to it I guess? And I don't have to have any radiation....no radiation beam, no radioactive iodine/isolation tank, etc. So I'm pretty happy with where we're at.

Anyway, still waiting for the scheduler from the hospital to call and get things set up. I'll let you guys know how the surgery goes.

That's awesome man!

mreddie

HOORAY! Radiation Beam sounds like a cool hero name though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Reading Nova 1-3 to finish up Annihilation. The Dwayne that Nova and Vance keep talking about is Night Thrasher correct?

EDIT: I ended up just skimming issues 2 and 3. They were just lame late to the party Civil War tie-in issues.

Finally on to Drifter!

Messi

Sent whatsapp to the wrong lady friend about said lady friend.

anigif_enhanced-11785-1414609295-17.gif

Any way to fix?

Injustice vol 1 isn't for me. "Let's have a comedy sketch with Harley Quinn and Green Arrow about half an issue after she fridges Lois Lane." :/

And Superman trying to end all war and suffering in a generic middle eastern country gave me some deja vu. Is there another recent Superman comic where he does this?

This reads like a script for a Zach Snyder DC movie.

Sent whatsapp to the wrong lady friend about said lady friend.

[ig]http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-10/29/15/enhanced/webdr10/anigif_enhanced-11785-1414609295-17.gif[/img]

Any way to fix?

You could use the Messi/Neymar excuse. "I didn't know, my dad did it".

Started watching Transformers Prime. Eight eps in and it's decent. Not sure I like the art style and the backgrounds are bland for the most part. Fucking human characters burning me fiercely.

I think I've been spoiled by MTMtE

tim1138

Anyone else actually like crossovers?

I'm crazy hyped at this Night of the Monster Men shit. I love when comics cross pollinate.

Night of the Monster Men looks rad as hell. I don't mind a good crossover like that, it's the line wide events that fuck everything up that I don't like.

I'm crazy hyped at this Night of the Monster Men shit. I love when comics cross pollinate.

It really depends. If the crossover involves only one book I read, it tends to throw me off a bit. Or in cases like the Fables / Unwritten crossover, makes me lose interest completely. The last crossover I read that I really enjoyed was the Trial of Jean Grey. Really fun story,

Owzers

I dont think I've liked a single one. At best, I tolerate them

Do you like a book? Yeah!

Would you like it to have a larger story told across three or four other books by different creative teams? Ummmm yeah? Maybe. Why?

So you'll buy more books you weren't interested in. Awesome!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Would you like it to have a larger story told across three or four other books by different creative teams? Ummmm yeah? Maybe. Why?

This is what annoys me. I like them fine, hypothetically, but they'll always throw in a book that no one wants to actually buy.

If I wanted to buy comics with this creative team starring these characters...then nigga I would be buying that comic. Get this Howard the Duck stuff out of my Squirrel Girl pls

ECHO WOOOOOOOO!

Best news I've heard all day.

Kinda depends, tbh. I'm positive on them over all, since I like the scale that usually accompanies them, but they're an easy thing to fuck up, honestly. It goes better if it mostly involves books I'm already reading.

Def. excited for Monster Men.

Oh, damn. Eric Powell has a new book starting next week called Hillbilly. Downloaded the preview from CMX and I'm definitely getting the same vibes as from the more horror-themed Goon stories.

Top Bottom