• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Wanna wish Alan Davis a happy 60th birthday.

JC pls explain this

yZbKDOd.jpg

Duress

Have they ever made a Deadpool/Taskmaster book? I know he made some appearances in Deadpool, but I'd like to see some more hijinks!

VanWinkle

Halfway into the Throne of Atlantis run and it's the FIRST time Justice League by Johns has felt on point. Been very average (for Johns, anyway) to me up until this arc.

VanWinkle

New 52 Action Comics and Detective Comics sale live on Comixology. Any of it worth checking out?
https://www.comixology.com/DC-Unive...f=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL2xhcmdlQ2Fyb3VzZWw

Don't really know anything about Action. With Detective, I'm going to get the Manapul issues just because I can't get enough of that Manapul art. I haven't really heard great things about the stories, but I'm not too torn up about it for $0.99 each. I've read the first volume of Tony S. Daniels' run at the beginning and I didn't like it at all. Very one-dimensional "dark" writing that wasn't to my taste.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I think he may have had a mini or two.

Best times were around the point Deadpool became Agent X. Man, I loved that book.

Agent X was fun but I wish Gail could have gotten more run on Deadpool proper. It was pretty sweet when Nicieza went back to her status quo in Deadpool and Cable.

Owzers

I watched Money in the Bank iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii dunno about this stuff. Wrestling, what a silly thing. I had seen the wrassle card beforehand and it's worse than a DC relaunch,
AJ Styles should have won clean against Cena with the styles clash, and I don't like Roman or Dean so blah to that whole side

Cavs got this tonight. Game 8 double or nothing.

Hi guys, just wanted to thank you all for the NBA finals spoilers posted in here yesterday. It was wonderful to open up my browsers to go to League Pass after work yesterday and have ComicGAF automatically refresh the newest posts to see a picture of a team member of the winning side celebrating whizzing by.

Thanks. And I'm not just singling out that one person, either. Looking back at the page it seems like there were a few of you pretty much discussing who won. A huge image, however is hard to miss.

And before you all say "stay off the internet if you don't want to be spoiled" I would answer with "that's why I made sure to not have have nba.com, the NBA Final GAF thread or anything that would rightly have spoilers open in my tabs when I shut down my browser the night before.

But, as long are you guys all got to enjoy the game I'm happy. If anyone wants to talk about how exciting the game was to watch without knowing the result I'd love it if you would share because it would be nice to know.

Halfway into the Throne of Atlantis run and it's the FIRST time Justice League by Johns has felt on point. Been very average (for Johns, anyway) to me up until this arc.

I felt the same way. And then didn't feel that way again until Forever Evil. Gonna have to start reading that shit again in order to read all the way through Darkseid War.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hi guys, just wanted to thank you all for the NBA finals spoilers posted in here yesterday. It was wonderful to open up my browsers to go to League Pass after work yesterday and have ComicGAF automatically refresh the newest posts to see a picture of a team member of the winning side celebrating whizzing by.

Thanks. And I'm not just singling out that one person, either. Looking back at the page it seems like there were a few of you pretty much discussing who won. A huge image, however is hard to miss.

And before you all say "stay off the internet if you don't want to be spoiled" I would answer with "that's why I made sure to not have have nba.com, the NBA Final GAF thread or anything that would rightly have spoilers open in my tabs when I shut down my browser the night before.

But, as long are you guys all got to enjoy the game I'm happy. If anyone wants to talk about how exciting the game was to watch without knowing the result I'd love it if you would share because it would be nice to know.

I don't know how exciting it was because I don't watch the NBA. I just talk about it in comic book threads. :)

Are you complaining about spoilers for sports?
It's about respecting other people and acknowledging that people's lives may not allow them to watch a final at the same time that it televised. Or that the world doesn't have one timezone called "America". And it's not like it was a month after the game had been played. Or a week. Or a day. It was being discussed as it was happening.

It makes me wonder why the same people that follow the rule about using spoilers for comic books and comic book films (and wrestling, apparently) in this thread obviously don't care about revealing the winners of final matches.

If you would like to enlighten me as to why there is a difference between not respecting those who would like to see the final game of the NBA Finals without knowing the result but respecting those who choose to consume a fictional piece of art (comics/film/television/books/wrestling) I'd be interested. Or is it just a case that only comic books need to have spoilers used and everything else is fair game in this thread?

Like, dude, if you don't want to know the NBA Finals result / Game of Throne reveal / why would you come into a comic thread? That's just asking to be spoiled.

It's about respect. I will use spoilers because I want you to be able to have the same experience that I had going into it without knowing. And if you don't want that, you have the ability to track down that information. At the end of the day, you have the choice; it's not taken from you.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Had to pause the game to watch Game of Thrones, glad I didn't get spoiled cus it was an exciting ass game. It was the third basketball game I've ever seen but it was damn fun.

All-New Inhumans #8
A key theme of family and heritage is present here, and that's really nice to see. Even if the issue was a little boring. Also Ana's a boss, if confusing.

The Uncanny Inhumans #10
b0ZzW.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Ah shit, the new Abe Sapien trade came out.

Not sure if I should wait for more BPRD stuff to come out or if I should just order it already.

Tizoc

You americans and your pissant sports...

@Davis daredevil pages-
Wait is that suppoaed to be a black hobo
Or a british hobo
Or a british black hobo

Hagi

You americans and your pissant sports...

@Davis daredevil pages-
Wait is that suppoaed to be a black hobo
Or a british hobo
Or a british black hobo

Think it's supposed to be a black man who's time travelled from the 1820's to warn Steve about his incoming heel turn.

Messi

It's about respecting other people and acknowledging that people's lives may not allow them to watch a final at the same time that it televised. Or that the world doesn't have one timezone called "America". And it's not like it was a month after the game had been played. Or a week. Or a day. It was being discussed as it was happening.

It makes me wonder why the same people that follow the rule about using spoilers for comic books and comic book films (and wrestling, apparently) in this thread obviously don't care about revealing the winners of final matches.

If you would like to enlighten me as to why there is a difference between not respecting those who would like to see the final game of the NBA Finals without knowing the result but respecting those who choose to consume a fictional piece of art (comics/film/television/books/wrestling) I'd be interested. Or is it just a case that only comic books need to have spoilers used and everything else is fair game in this thread?

Like, dude, if you don't want to know the NBA Finals result / Game of Throne reveal / why would you come into a comic thread? That's just asking to be spoiled.

It's about respect. I will use spoilers because I want you to be able to have the same experience that I had going into it without knowing. And if you don't want that, you have the ability to track down that information. At the end of the day, you have the choice; it's not taken from you.

How familiar are you with this thread and it's history of spoilers? We are shit at spoilers for everything comics included. Any time anything remotely big happens in comics it gets spoiled here. A week or two ago in the space of a few days rebirth, cap both got spoiled.

We openly talked about the NBA all season here as we are a community thread. You must not come here often or else you would know we talk about the NBA. A bunch of friends who happens to like comics among other things. If I didn't want to know the result of something as big as game 7 of the nba finals I would have shut off the Internet completely. I'm shocked you managed to get in here without having it spoiled by the 6 other threads with spoilers in the title. It's a live sporting event of the size of the nba finals, it's best not to go on the Internet at all until you have seen it. My friend's did it as they had to work.

Top Bottom