• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

TheFlow

Banned
Shit! I forgot about Paper Girls. Messi got me hooked on that a couple night ago and I went through the entire first arc in about an hour. Classic comics IMO. Gonna read #6 tonight.

Holy shit though...Superman: Rebirth #1...my heart...this is too fucking good. Legit goosebumps.

These rebirth impressions are all over the wall today. I feel like everybody has that one they really like

Zombine

Banned
These rebirth impressions are all over the wall today. I feel like everybody has that one they really like

I have been a really big fan of all of them so far, but Superman was really touching and personal. My Superman is back, but
Tomasi & Gleason made me miss the one I had little connection to.
it's a very hopeful story and the art is gorgeous. I'm pumped for this series.

Also, Lana is really cool I think.

Yup I'll probably get them both. I really liked female Loki shame it didn't last longer. The Spider Gwen looks pretty cool from the pictures I've seen.

It does, but I really like the Clayburn Moore Spider-Gwen statue better.

DC7612lg.jpg

I'm buying both, regardless.

Hagi

It does, but I really like the Clayburn Moore Spider-Gwen statue better.

I'm buying both, regardless.

Hmm not a fan I thought I'd like the Rogue they are doing but sadly not. Think I'm going to get the Koto ArtFx Rogue because I really like that costume.

Zombine

Banned
Yooooo. Brie Larson is front runner for Captain Marvel FUCK YES.

Woah hold up. You serious? She's really cool and deserves a big role like this.

I love the idea of someone like her being Cap. She's got the Marvel look, but isn't who people have been Photoshopping into all these poses and shit. I can se her owning the role and redefining who people think of when they think Captain Marvel.

Luigi87

I really liked Green Lanterns and looking forward to the next one.

Sadly my local shop didn't get Green Arrow Rebirth due to damage during transit so... have to wait until next week to check it out. Will grab with Flash Rebirth.

This is the first time I've been buying physical issues of DC comics since I was a kid.

Zombine

Banned
... Finally

Whew, I think I need to sit down for a moment

That was a damn good introductory issue. I think it skimmed over the conflict of the issue and resolved it rather quickly, but getting to
watch Olly and Dinah interact and bond was fuckin ace. They are such a badass duo and I look forward to them tracking down Red Skull and Black Mask's child.

Hagi

How are we with Rebirth spoilers?

With
Wally back I hope he interacts with Kyle at some point.
Reading through Morrisons JLA and they are a great pair.

That was a damn good introductory issue. I think it skimmed over the conflict of the issue and resolved it rather quickly, but getting to
watch Olly and Dinah interact and bond was fuckin ace. They are such a badass duo and I look forward to them tracking down Red Skull and Black Mask's child.

Seriously though, that
auction scene
looked like it was ripped straight out of
Watch Dogs

fauxtrot

Banned
how scary is it?

I am one of those people who can read horror stuff but doesn't have the stomach for it(onscreen wise)

Welllll... I didn't find it scary, but it was plenty disturbing and suspenseful. There were no jump scares that I can remember in the pilot, but there were plenty of gnarly things that they show on screen. I'd recommend giving it a shot and turning it off if you have to.

With that said, I wouldn't suggest it to anyone that has a sensitivity to violence / physical abuse involving kids, since that is part of the story so far and seems important to the overarching plot.

Zombine

Banned
Can I just say to you guys that if you told me that we would be on Nowhere Men #10 in 2016 I wouldn't believe you. So glad this book is back in this dimension.

tim1138

Tim getting the vapors.

Damn straight, that was literally the only thing I wanted Rebirth to bring back.

I dug the look of the villain, mysterious but still imposing. It's a great villain for the opening arc too, a perfect launching pad to bring Ollie back to his classic characterization.

If Flash can deliver in the same way next week, I'm going to be over the moon.

Ross61

Have little doubt in my mind that Kings' gonna kill it on Batman. I liked the first issue even though not that much happened. And the preview of Finch's art have me real hopeful of the next issue. Also, I'm thoroughly please with how good Green Arrow is. It seems that all Ben Percy needed was a little direction and the right issue to get it going in the right direction. These were some good issues, and it standing out really means something.

Also it really helps that the next issues are coming out in the week after next. Make it much faster to decide if you want to drop either of them,

Top Bottom