• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Ross61

So I know for sure I'm getting Aquaman, Flash, and Wonder Woman next week. Never really read anything by Dan Jurgens, but I hear his recent Louis and Clark(?) comic was good. So I'll probably check Action Comics out. And I've also never really heard that much bad about Tynion. Plus he's a student of Snyder and wants to bring that Batman TAS feel to Detective Comics. Plus he's seems to be really enthusiastic about finally telling this story.

VanWinkle

The Ed Benes pages were decent, but the EvS pages were the same ole shitty EvS.

Sciver is occasionally great. I just don't think he's near the top of the big DC artists, unfortunately. I thought some of his GL Johns pages were excellent, but compared to Reis...nah.

So the New 52 sale on Comixology. I own the entire Batman run.

I was looking at Green Arrow and considering the Lemire stuff. Looks like Ann Nocenti (lol) was right before. Is anything else in that run worthwhile?

shingi70

Banned
So the New 52 sale on Comixology. I own the entire Batman run.

I was looking at Green Arrow and considering the Lemire stuff. Looks like Ann Nocenti (lol) was right before. Is anything else in that run worthwhile?

The Ann Nocenti stuff was aces, it's a great companion piece to Catwoman, Klarion, and Katana.

Ross61

Sciver is occasionally great. I just don't think he's near the top of the big DC artists, unfortunately. I thought some of his GL Johns pages were excellent, but compared to Reis...nah.
Speaking of Reis, I just LOVE his art style. Every time I see his work I just can't seem to find the best description of it. It just sooooooo superd.

What would you guys suggest for someone who likes the high school drama stuff of Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man and the Invincible series?
I feel like I've read everything and looking for something new (graphic novel or series) and it doesn't have to be a superhero comic

TheFlow

Banned
What would you guys suggest for someone who likes the high school drama stuff of Brian Michael Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man and the Invincible series?
I feel like I've read everything and looking for something new (graphic novel or series) and it doesn't have to be a superhero comic
Spider man by bendis

Archie

Giant days

Morning glory

mreddie

Bebop and Rocksteady is funny. I like how they are actually smart enough to destroy shit.

ANAD is okay, setting up Avengers vs.
Annihilus
and the Hope/Nadia stuff sounds a bit interesting, looks like Wasps time to shine.

I said my peace to CW2, okay but stupid at times.

Batman was okay but why the hell do you make Calendar Man look like a MGS boss?

Ponn

Banned
Why would anyone NOT read Paper Girls? Insanity.

Because Comic-GAF likes it and i'm edgy.
im picking up the trade on my next IST order because of all the talk its been getting lately

Was Batman Inc. good enough to pick up the Absolute edition? I've been skimming the GoTG omnibus I got and again I hate the thin pages but I got to say theres just loads of content here. It's worth suggesting this whenever gaffers in MCU threads ask about getting into cosmic marvel. It's a shame these omnibi don't last long because this and the two Annihilation omnibuses would have really been the go to suggestions. Im thinking of actually getting the War of Kings omnibus now to round out my DnA cosmic marvel collection. Plus I was one of those weirdos that liked that event anyways (fucking Darkhawk!!)

Zombine

Banned
Wasn't it referring to
the different Lantern corps in a Pandora's box-type story
?

Pumv22D.gif

Remender's fucked up. I gotta wait how long for the next Deadly Class arc? That's some cliffhanger, man.

Walking Dead was purty good, too. Waiting for it to go through a lull again, pleasantly surprised that it doesn't seem to be heading towards one at all. It's been pretty good for awhile now.

TheFlow

Banned
Remender's fucked up. I gotta wait how long for the next Deadly Class arc? That's some cliffhanger, man.

Walking Dead was purty good, too. Waiting for it to go through a lull again, pleasantly surprised that it doesn't seem to be heading towards one at all. It's been pretty good for awhile now.
Everytime Remender kills off a character I like in one of his books
BeNWzCnCYAAs7V_.jpg

frye

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane is what you want

do not read Morning Glories

Mifune

Mehmber

Ms. Marvel might work for ya.

Birthright #15

I CANT I CANT I CANT I CANT

I CANT GUYS I CANT

THIS BOOK IS WAY TOO GOOD

Wait Birthright came out and I fucking missed it???

Edit: Oh man it came out fucking forever ago and I missed it, lol. Well on the bright side I finally get to find out what fucking happens in this arc

And hey I'm only paying two bucks now

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Wait Birthright came out and I fucking missed it???

Edit: Oh man it came out fucking forever ago and I missed it, lol. Well on the bright side I finally get to find out what fucking happens in this arc

And hey I'm only paying two bucks now

And #16 comes out next week!

Are any of the current Avengers books any good right now?

Nothing really grabbed me back in issue 1 and I feel like I'm missing out without a somewhat decent Avengers book.

Aceun

Are any of the current Avengers books any good right now?

Nothing really grabbed me back in issue 1 and I feel like I'm missing out without a somewhat decent Avengers book.

I'm quite partial to the Ultimates, because it really feels larger than life. It's also the one where I'm actively engaged in the overall team.

I'm still reading ANAD but that's because I like specific characters, but it does feel disconnected from the solo titles those characters are a part of. Oddly enough, for the younger characters, the impact of being an Avenger is more pronounced in their own books than it is in the actual Avengers book.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur was ok. A nice intro to the characters even though not much happened. The art is excellent.

Top Bottom