• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

tim1138

I like comic books and talking about them. The Omega Men continues to be fuckin ace.

How far are you? I think the only down issue was 6 or 7, whichever one was going to be the last issue when it was cancelled for a minute. Otherwise that's about 12 issues of perfection.

accept my rumblr request wey

I could never fight you ed, can't risk you damaging those hands and my ticket to wealth beyond my wildest dreams!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You better leave this fucking thread right now. This is DEW country. How dare you.

giphy.gif

Poodle, as the resident DC fanatic, do you stand by this post?

I ask because I'm obviously fucking clueless about DC and can't have an informed opinion.

Pretty much, yeah. It felt like any one of a dozen one-off Batman stories I've read. Not much in the way of deeper themes, some odd pacing, creepy villain, one-and-done plot. Art was exceptional, but the rest was just okay. Cowritten between King and Snyder, so it's sort of doing legwork for Batman and All-Star Batman, but not much happens in terms of larger plot threads. Just about the only thing I'm expecting to get carried over is Duke's new suit.

Pretty much, yeah. It felt like any one of a dozen one-off Batman stories I've read. Not much in the way of deeper themes, some odd pacing, creepy villain, one-and-done plot. Art was exceptional, but the rest was just okay. Cowritten between King and Snyder, so it's sort of doing legwork for Batman and All-Star Batman, but not much happens in terms of larger plot threads. Just about the only thing I'm expecting to get carried over is Duke's new suit.

Thanks. Your opinion largely mirrors my own and that of several people here and in the Rebirth thread. Felt like a whatever issue.

I'm eagerly anticipating the next Green Arrow book. Haven't been able to say that for some time.

Thanks. Your opinion largely mirrors my own and that of several people here and in the Rebirth thread. Felt like a whatever issue.

I'm eagerly anticipating the next Green Arrow book. Haven't been able to say that for some time.

Yeah, it was okay, I'm still hyped for King's Batman and All-Star Batman, but the Rebirth issue is just sorta there.

And agreed on Green Arrow. Very, very good.

TheFlow

Banned
I normally don't say this but reading Dr.Strange in guided view will give you an instant headache.

but I think echo was joking not sure lol

Yeah, it was okay, I'm still hyped for King's Batman and All-Star Batman, but the Rebirth issue is just sorta there.

yea bat book was very by the books. nothing to write home about. I expect great things in the future though.

Zombine

Banned
How far are you? I think the only down issue was 6 or 7, whichever one was going to be the last issue when it was cancelled for a minute. Otherwise that's about 12 issues of perfection.

I'm on issue #3 lol. I can't rush this. I'm taking it all in.

I'm always interested in Snyder books, even if the premise sounds out there.

At this point I'll check out everything. I hope next week's Rebirth issues introduce the ongoings like the other three books from today did. I thought that was the point of the one shots.

I'm always interested in Snyder books, even if the premise sounds out there.

At this point I'll check out everything. I hope next week's Rebirth issues introduce the ongoings like the other three books from today did. I thought that was the point of the one shots.

Yeah, was sorta disconcerting, all things considered. Batman is hopefully the outlier.

fauxtrot

Banned
Has anyone been reading Outcast? I've been holding off on starting it just because I tend to prefer to binge-read Kirkman joints, but after watching the pilot I am getting the itch to read the comic to hold me over. Has enough stuff happened that it's worth my time or should I just not play Overwatch instead?

TheFlow

Banned
Has anyone been reading Outcast? I've been holding off on starting it just because I tend to prefer to binge-read Kirkman joints, but after watching the pilot I am getting the itch to read the comic to hold me over. Has enough stuff happened that it's worth my time or should I just not play Overwatch instead?

it's good. and you better not miss this sale.

VanWinkle

It's okay if not everybody likes these Rebirth issues. Actually, I think it was kind of a dumb idea for DC to start all of these series off with somewhat pointless one-shots. Should have gone straight into #1.

fauxtrot

Banned
it's good. and you better not miss this sale.

I own it all already. Does it feel like enough has happened that it'll feel satisfying to me or is it relying on the reader still not knowing much? I was going to start it once the 4th or 5th trade released but now I kinda feel like if I'm going to watch the show, I should read the comic first (I know they're not going to be super similar, but still).

TheFlow

Banned
It's okay if not everybody likes these Rebirth issues. Actually, I think it was kind of a dumb idea for DC to start all of these series off with somewhat pointless one-shots. Should have gone straight into #1.

I agree on this. the Rebirth #1 are just going to confuse people with the real #1 release.

I own it all already. Does it feel like enough has happened that it'll feel satisfying to me or is it relying on the reader still not knowing much? I was going to start it once the 4th or 5th trade released but now I kinda feel like if I'm going to watch the show, I should read the comic first (I know they're not going to be super similar, but still).

I am still on the first arc lol.

I'm so confused whilst reading Moon Knight
embrace the madness.

Is Civil War II really SIX American Dollars? I mean, damn Marvel. Hold me, Rhak, my thrifty and patient MU brother.

Should I by it? And issue #0 is another fiver? Madness. Think I'll wait. The dollar to reading time ratio is not great.

Zombine

Banned
Is Civil War II really SIX American Dollars? I mean, damn Marvel. Hold me, Rhak, my thrifty and patient MU brother.

Should I by it? And issue #0 is another fiver? Madness.

Honestly, if you aren't getting these books at some sort of discount I say fuck that. Marvel pricing is pretty garbage tier.

And I'm a pretty big marvel shill.

TheFlow

Banned

Should I by it? And issue #0 is another fiver? Madness.

were you here when someone on GAF spoiled the premise of it. apparently what they said was true.

Honestly, if you aren't getting these books at some sort of discount I say fuck that. Marvel pricing is pretty garbage tier.

And I'm a pretty big marvel shill.

I'll wait. Marvel Unlimited is how I've dealt with their bullshit pricing. I went from picking up 8-10 monthlies to zero. I kind of want to follow the events real time, but that's absurd.

were you here when someone on GAF spoiled the premise of it. apparently what they said was true.

I don't recall seeing that. Guessing someone major dies, like in the predecessor. I don't get spoiler sensitive at all, so I might have read it and since forgotten. Can't afford to worry about spoilers when I'm six months behind everything. Hail Hydra!

Owzers

"How do we make a random issue seem important before we start telling the actual story."

TheFlow

Banned
Added the rest of the titles to my review list. very solid week for comics. still upset about that deadly class cliffhanger.

Moon Knight #3.

Madness or not I am glad that he decided he must escape no matter what. Wonder what's going to happen now that they..

5/5

Batman Rebirth #1

Classic batman intro, duke gets a cool upgrade ;), and Calendar man is terrifying.

5/5

Green Arrorw Rebirth #1

Honestly this is one of the best #1 I read of anything. The art, the panel placement, and the words all came together with the action. They got Green arrow's and Canary's voice just right and the chemistry is awesome. Percy makes you feel like these two belong together and Otto captures that. Percy said that he wanted this run to be on par with Court of Owls...he might get his wish.

5/5

Green Lanterns Rebirth #1

good setup, like how Hal is now a mentor. I dislike Baz's suit but love Cruz's

4/5

DEADLY CLASS #21
Everybody I liked or cared about is dead or went full on betrayal
fuck you Remender fuck you! you won't get away with this

4/5

Paper Girls #6

Oh man this and Deadly class are full of "WTF is this" moments. I liked how BKV introduced the future to these girls and that tv moment was fucking amazing

What has me worried is he is already introducing another huge twist without explaining anything from the last 5 issue alternate realities of the same girl

5/5

Superman Rebirth #1

Before I begin let me say I have never read a superman comic in my life.

that being said this comic delivered the feels and Pre new 52 did a great job of honoring this worlds superman. I think this will be the first sup book I pull.

4/5 because the art wasn't as good as the writing

Top Bottom