• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sorry UK gaf. Scary times ahead. For all of us in EU really

mreddie

Brexit:

2c5db7fa935fdc2e73f3af9800664349.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, I am really scared now. I get why old people who knew a life without the EU and a united europe dont get to worried since they know this stuff may be working somehow, but all my live there were no things like border controls. It already felt strange to have Schengen deferred last year but with the right and far right on the rise in the west, I really expect all now falling apart.

Man, I am really scared now. I get why old people who knew a life without the EU and a united europe dont get to worried since they know this stuff may be working somehow, but all my live there were no things like border controls. It already felt strange to have Schengen deferred last year but with the right and far right on the rise in the west, I really expect all now falling apart.

Yeah, y'all fucked.

Owzers

I would say there is always room in Trump's America for anyone in Britain who wants to come over but you're probably not invited soooooooooo tough this one out.

Dalek

Finished Batman Earth One Vol 2. I really like this series and volume 2 felt very Nolanverse-inspired in many ways. It's a really cool take on retelling Batman's early career with neat and interesting twists on certain characters and their relationships.

One big similarity it has to the Nolan movies I noticed was that Batman really isn't "peak" Batman and he feels very grounded. He kind of sucks and makes mistakes but is still very smart and can hold his own in hand-to-hand combat,
except when fighting beings like Croc, who I thought was a decent addition to the story.
The "twist" towards the end regarding
the Dent siblings
was super cool and knowing what this Earth One series is, it felt like a fitting twist yet was still a genuine surprise I did not see coming.

It's sort of disappointing that this is a series where each volume is few and far between, especially since Johns is taking a break from comics right now. I guess that just makes each new book feel significant and not just like an ongoing comic that comes out every few months. I'll be really excited when a volume 3 is announced. What makes the wait worse for me is the HCs come out first and I have these first two in TPB. :/

I love Batman Earth One.

That's the only reason i haven't given up on Marvel yet, President Trump ordering the Avengers to build the wall is going to be amazing.
Dark Reign?
Ugh. I can't imagine wanting to play a game where all dialogue is yelled out.
Gauntlet? RED WARRIOR NEEDS FOOD BADLY. BLUE VALKYRIE IS NOW POJO. YELLOW WIZARD IS NOW IT. BFG. SKY LANCE.
Good god I just read some Secret Wars tie ins and I'm seriously considering skipping the majority of that shit. So secret wars offers me the wonderful opportunity to read 15 pages abyssmally written what ifs ? Secret Wars Battleworld, Journal, Spider-Verse, undercooked shit everywhere, just sad little embryos of stories.
Robin Hood with Kate Bishop ? The uncanny Egyptian X-Men ?
THere's a lot of good in there. Plus some stuff carries over into the current books. I thought it was really cool of them to do that with Battleworld. Sadly, reading them as the months went by was rough considering SW's abysmal release schedule.
Only Brian is the smartest of all of you!

Infinity Gauntlet is the best tie-in!
Siege bruh
Millarworld sounds like a terrible theme park.
The Kingsman ride is just like the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disney World, or the Men in Black Ride at Universal, except at the end there's a Danish woman that you get to have anal with.
orewa chin chin ga daisuki nandayo!!!
Baka

Nova #8
So I only read this because Civil War, but...can I get a fucking hug? Seriously. If loneliness had a physical form then it would be this. I need someone to hold me.

The Mighty Thor #8
A combination of "Man fuck these guys" and "That shit escalated quickly." The hypest shit.

ElNarez

Banned
see what happens young people when you don't vote

remember this shit in November

72% participation my dude

the real problem is that all people born before 1976 are scum-fucking greedy bastards all too willing to go along with fascism if it means getting some more of that paper

Sandfox

Nova #8
So I only read this because Civil War, but...can I get a fucking hug? Seriously. If loneliness had a physical form then it would be this. I need someone to hold me.

The Mighty Thor #8
A combination of "Man fuck these guys" and "That shit escalated quickly." The hypest shit.

This issue of Nova was probably the best one of the new run and closer to the standard Duggan set.

shingi70

Banned
Dark days ahead, I'm hoping that us of Americans have more sense than to elect trump as president, Than I didn't think brexit would succeeded either.

52 will be a treat. It takes place in the lost year after Infinite Crisis.

So does Wally West disappear sometime after 52 but before New 52?

That's Bart Allen, the former Impulse and Kid Flash, who was the Flash for awhile after Infinite Crisis
at least until he died. He got better though.

I remember reading some of Impulse. Doesn't he move to some suburb with his uncle?

Where's Barry Allen during all of this?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any UK comicgaffer that wants to come live with me in Portugal is welcome, but do me a solid and pick me up a welsh corgi when you leave because that breed simply does not exist here and it makes me sad :(

giphy.gif

Top Bottom