• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Screen-Shot-2016-06-24-at-9.40.14-AM-758x426.png

I never played the games, but some of the figures were quite nice. I wanted Movie Cap but I don't want to have to buy the entire Marvel Battlegrounds set, especially since I don't own anything the game works with.

Zombine

Banned
yea I can't even think of what would make a great read for book club. You guys are already did the best ones

Legit something super short. Like, an arc of a popular book. That's all that people would go for at this point and I'm not even sure that would succeed lol.

I was toying with the idea of Ms Marvel vol 1 before Hawkeye.

TheFlow

Banned
Legit something super short. Like, an arc of a popular book. That's all that people would go for at this point and I'm not even sure that would succeed lol.

I was toying with the idea of Ms Marvel vol 1 before Hawkeye.

yea something short would definitely work.

squadr0n

so what was supposed to be the next book club after hawkeye?

Theres a Neogaf Book Club!? How do I get in on this?

I got the Hellboy Library Edition Vol. 1 the other day along with Fear Agent LE Vol. 1, Never read Hellboy but have always been interested since the movies came out. The Library Editions are amazing, especially the Fear Agent. When is the first like big arc in Hellboy? Also which runs in BRPD are worth checking out? Im really interested in the ones set in 1945-1948 I think it is.

Also never read X-statix. Where did you find the Omnibus for 54$ if you dont mind me asking? Is it similar to X-Factor books? Is the run self contained in the Omni or do I need to read some x-force stuff before to understand whats going on?

Messi

Burnt through Manifest Destiny Vol 1. Holy shit this book is cool and a nice read. Distinct art style. Is it still the same artist on thr book now?

Li Kao

I got the Hellboy Library Edition Vol. 1 the other day along with Fear Agent LE Vol. 1, Never read Hellboy but have always been interested since the movies came out. The Library Editions are amazing, especially the Fear Agent. When is the first like big arc in Hellboy? Also which runs in BRPD are worth checking out? Im really interested in the ones set in 1945-1948 I think it is.

Also never read X-statix. Where did you find the Omnibus for 54$ if you dont mind me asking? Is it similar to X-Factor books?

Don't fucking talk about Omnibuses, you are going to make me think about that nice Master of Kung Fu one I can't budget. Have some pity.

squadr0n

Don't fucking talk about Omnibuses, you are going to make me think about that nice Master of Kung Fu one I can't budget. Have some pity.

I usually dont buy Marvel books since I have Marvel Unlimited. But I will make an exception for one that is really worth it. I wish I had been buying when alot of the stuff I want was in print still, so if its really worth it I will totally buy.

Maybe Superior Foes will work as a Book Club. Short and movie-like pacing. Not much prior knowledge required.

Also never read X-statix. Where did you find the Omnibus for 54$ if you dont mind me asking? Is it similar to X-Factor books? Is the run self contained in the Omni or do I need to read some x-force stuff before to understand whats going on?

Keep an eye out on eBay. Prices are slowly going up on it, but $60-$65 should still be doable.

TheFlow

Banned

Also never read X-statix. Where did you find the Omnibus for 54$ if you dont mind me asking? Is it similar to X-Factor books?

Comic-Gaf makes a bookclub thread every now and then in OT.
Edit: If you want to check out one of the new one this is the Black Panther book club, that will be popping next week. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216606

the first big arc for hellboy starts in library edition 1 and ends in library edition 3. BRPD is just one run with the first completed one being Plague of frogs, and then the ongoing sequel hell on earth. B.R.P.D 1946-1948, along with hellboy and the b.r.p.d are just backstories that take place decades before the main stuff. I would grab it since it is 20 bucks and might go OOP like plague of frogs eventually.

I got the X-statix book from amazon, but the price has already gone up about 7 bucks since I ordered it last week. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0785158448/?tag=neogaf0e-20

To answer your question is it basically what if the x-force/suicide squad were celebrity's instead of secret stealth teams.

The book is very graphic like some of the previous x-force runs. Lots of deaths.

hell wolverine cuts a dude in half in the first 100 pages of the book.

TheFlow

Banned
Maybe Superior Foes will work as a Book Club. Short and movie-like pacing. Not much prior knowledge required.

Keep an eye out on eBay. Prices are slowly going up on it, but $60-$65 should still be doable.

yea, I got lucky when I got a sealed copy for less than 60 bucks. It is one hefty omnibus.

Collecting X-FORCE (1991) #116-129; BROTHERHOOD #9; X-STATIX #1-26; WOLVERINE/DOOP #1-2; X-STATIX PRESENTS DEAD GIRL #1-5; and material from X-MEN UNLIMITED (1993) #41, I [HEART] MARVEL: MY MUTANT HEART and NATION X #4.

1200 pages

Li Kao

Good god, they made an Howard the Duck Omnibus.
I wonder if it would interest me... but as a piece of comics history it's smexy as hell.

Hagi

Doom takes over after Tony is put of commission following Civil War?!?!?!?!?!

OH FUCK I JUST GOT SUPER HYPED

SUPERIOR IRON MAN 2.0 BITCHES

TnQRX6v.gif

I'm more interested in that than him being Doom Man. Victor stalking Tony has been pretty funny even if I still don't know why outside of it just being a whim of Bendis. He better get his own armor preferably made out of the skin of one of his enemies.

Hellboy is organized in arcs and short stories. The first LE actually has two complete arcs. The biggest one is the final arc which spans across the last two Library Editions.

All of BPRD is worth reading. Start with Plague of Frogs first then 1946-1948. The other stuff hasn't been collected in big hardcovers or trades yet. If you like team books it's fantastic. It's one of my favorites alongside Doom Patrol and X-Statix. Seriously great stuff and just as good as Hellboy.

As far as X-Statix goes, the omni can be found for around $50-60 via third party sellers on Amazon and eBay. The omnibus collects everything you need. I haven't read X-Factor myself but X-Statix is amazing. Worth the money.

The recent six issue Swamp Thing was good btw

I thought it was great up until the end. Thought the end was a little cheesey and came together too conveniently.

The whole being told it will take an "act of god" to change him back over and over again and then the last issue we'll just go get Spectre.

Donald Trump is a genius. He's getting his ass kicked in the money game and the polls, so he's off visiting his Scottish golf courses, on campaign funding of course! You gotta lock down the Scotland vote these days.
TDvaIzP.png

Sorry to hear about the referendum results. Ignoring the short term global economic scare, I can't think of any long term positives here for England. Scotland going to say adieu to the queen. More restrictive trade and economic ties with the western Europe.

Isolationism doesn't work in 2016. When Trump congratulates your move, that's all the proof you need that you made a bad decision. Fortunately, Hillary will devour Trump in November.

Hagi

Best thing about his visit here was him tweeting to congratulate us in voting leaving the EU and "taking our country back" when the whole of fucking Scotland voted remain. Such a twat he fits in perfectly with those in Westminster.

Ugh, I get so mad every time I see Vincent Cassel Doom. God damn you, Deodato.

It's out
greg
landish.

Best thing about his visit here was him tweeting to congratulate us in voting leaving the EU and "taking our country back" when the whole of fucking Scotland voted remain. Such a twat he fits in perfectly with those in Westminster.

To be fair, I don't think Trump reads much. I imagine a desire to be in the EU will drive a Scottish referendum to leave the UK. It was close last time, but this could be the final push needed.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Donald Trump is a genius. He's getting his ass kicked in the money game and the polls, so he's off visiting his Scottish golf courses, on campaign funding of course! You gotta lock down the Scotland vote these days.
TDvaIzP.png

Sorry to hear about the referendum results. Ignoring the short term global economic scare, I can't think of any long term positives here for England. Scotland going to say adieu to the queen. More restrictive trade and economic ties with the western Europe.

Isolationism doesn't work in 2016. When Trump congratulates your move, that's all the proof you need that you made a bad decision. Fortunately, Hillary will devour Trump in November.

Just sayin. We were yesterday around this time very sure that Remain wins.

Lucky for us, our election isn't based on popular vote but electoral college votes. You win a state, you take those votes. Trump has NO path to victory. He cannot win in California, New York, or several other key battleground states. In fact, he's likely going to lose states that almost always go Republican, like Utah.

All the major Republican donors have already written off the presidency, and are focusing their money to contested House and Senate seats. They know Trump is toast.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Lucky for us, our election isn't based on popular vote but electoral college votes. You win a state, you take those votes. Trump has NO path to victory. He cannot win in California, New York, or several other key battleground states. In fact, he's likely going to lose states that almost always go Republican, like Utah.

All the major Republican donors have already written off the presidency, and are focusing their money to contested House and Senate seats. They know Trump is toast.
I dont doubt the right wingers anymore. Not in 2016. The only thing that calms me that always the person with the most money wins the election in america, and that is luckily Hilary.

Hagi

To be fair, I don't think Trump reads much. I imagine a desire to be in the EU will drive a Scottish referendum to leave the UK. It was close last time, but this could be the final push needed.

I'm pretty sure that this will be the straw that broke the fat ginger camels back yeah. A lot of the better together campaigning during the Scottish referendum was based around staying in the EU and now we won't want to be worse together seeing how the rest of the UK has fucked us and Northern Ireland.

The next few years is going to suck on a national level..

Comics though!

Owzers

Trump's got this. Lost an overwatch game badly on a Gibraltar Attack to ONE turret that not a single person was able to kill behind my Reinhardt shield. One turret! I blame Mei.

so what was supposed to be the next book club after hawkeye?

Depends on who you ask. I think there were like three or four books floating around.

Already read it. Really fun book and not too long. I'd be up for an iZombie book club. I've been meaning to reread that series.

Sometimes I look at my statue collection and say "i wish you were all boats"

Well then it sounds like Kantai Collection is for you. I warn you though, a few of them are not boat girls, but boat women.

Trump's got this. Lost an overwatch game badly on a Gibraltar Attack to ONE turret that not a single person was able to kill behind my Reinhardt shield. One turret! I blame Mei.

Overwatch was a mistake. Did you get your Level 100 star yet?

Top Bottom