• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Messi

Just read Detective Comics

Since when were spoiler and tim dating?

image.php

Owzers

i need more characters where aiming is optional.

I'm either starting Marco Polo netflix series or reading another issue of Doctor Strange, leaning towards Marco since Rubio was such a letdown i gotta give another one a try.

i need more characters where aiming is optional.

I'm either starting Marco Polo netflix series or reading another issue of Doctor Strange, leaning towards Marco since Rubio was such a letdown i gotta give another one a try.

I either want to try that Netflix Voltron series or finally watch 10 Cloverfield Lane. Or maybe Midnight Special.

None of these things are comics.

TheFlow

Banned
Watching the voltron on Netflix series made me want to buy the toys.

Definitely lived up to the hype and makes me want a comic book series

Messi

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is great. Very energetic art and story. The real standout is Lunella, she is the star of the book and she doesn't go feel like a knock off version of any character. Great book for all ages. Volume one ends on a gut punch that made me :(. Check this book out. I know Tim loves it and he loves good books.

kmfdmpig

Season 2 of Arrow is worth checking out, but otherwise it's not so great.

The crossovers in Season 2 of the Flash were not so good. The first one was just another attempt to get viewers of one show to watch the others. It almost felt like wrestling in that they tried to get the other show's star over.

The second one was mostly to set up Legends of Tomorrow, and it did a decent enough job of that, but didn't particularly work as a Flash episode.

Otherwise Flash has been pretty consistently great, I think.

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is great. Very energetic art and story. The real standout is Lunella, she is the star of the book and she doesn't go feel like a knock off version of any character. Great book for all ages. Volume one ends on a gut punch that made me :(. Check this book out. I know Tim loves it and he loves good books.

I don't know if we can really trust this Tim fellow. How does he feel about boat girls?

TheFlow

Banned

The crossovers in Season 2 of the Flash were not so good. The first one was just another attempt to get viewers of one show to watch the others. It almost felt like wrestling in that they tried to get the other show's star over.

The second one was mostly to set up Legends of Tomorrow, and it did a decent enough job of that, but didn't particularly work as a Flash episode.

Otherwise Flash has been pretty consistently great, I think.
It was the island at its peak in season 2. We even got the best arrow gifs from season 2

They're both really good, but Comic >>>>>>>>> TV show.

Haven't read the comic. Love the show.

I bought all the comics when they were on sale, so I'll probably read them before starting the show.

Just a complete mess. Flash is cheesy at times, but the overall quality has been good. These two episodes are just junk. The drop in quality is jarring.

Hagi

Deadly class fucked up or stray bullets fucked up?

Hmm tamer than those. It just caught me off guard pretty early on. It's weird seeing Millar grow out of his bullshit. No gang rapes or horrible shit in this book. I can honestly say I enjoy most of what he's been coming out with recently.

Think I'll buy Huck seeing as some of it is on sale.

TheFlow

Banned
Hmm tamer than those. It just caught me off guard pretty early on. It's weird seeing Millar grow out of his bullshit. No gang rapes or horrible shit in this book. I can honestly say I enjoy most of what he's been coming out with recently.

Think I'll buy Huck seeing as some of it is on sale.
Now that is good stuff to know.

I'm curious to see what he does with the new Kick-Ass series. See if he can go back to that franchise and retain the maturity he's found in his recent books.

VanWinkle

Bought the Definitive Irredeemable book from someone on the omnibus collector Facebook group. It goes for like $100+ online since it's out of print and he sold it to me for $25 shipped. I've been wanting to get into the series for awhile but the OHCs are a bit overpriced for how much content is within (~200 pages each at a $30 cover price, but they don't do 42-45% off on IST like a lot of publishers do).

The book is really nice quality, rivaling an Absolute Edition (same size, too). Art doesn't look mindblowingly good or anything but it's good. Shame there won't be a vol. 2 in this format. If I like it enough, I will have to buy the vol. 4 trade paperback and then go trades from there on out or Vol 3 OHC.

Some pictures:
XWs38Lx.jpg

GJXYgpz.jpg

VdmelN1.jpg

oNJZ8Ec.jpg

vIXO3Fg.jpg

wR5o6r8.jpg

tim1138

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur is an absolute treat to read every month. It's a shame it doesn't sell better, it's just so much fun.

Hagi

I'm curious to see what he does with the new Kick-Ass series. See if he can go back to that franchise and retain the maturity he's found in his recent books.

I don't think he'll revert back to his old ways. He seems to be tired of the hyper violence he helped perpetuate. Who knows though but the black protagonist has me interested.

TheFlow

Banned
Bought the Definitive Irredeemable book from someone on the omnibus collector Facebook group. It goes for like $100+ online since it's out of print and he sold it to me for $25 shipped. I've been wanting to get into the series for awhile but the OHCs are a bit overpriced for how much content is within (~200 pages each at a $30 cover price, but they don't do 42-45% off on IST like a lot of publishers do).

The book is really nice quality, rivaling an Absolute Edition (same size, too). Art doesn't look mindblowingly good or anything but it's good. Shame there won't be a vol. 2 in this format. If I like it enough, I will have to buy the vol. 4 trade paperback and then go trades from there on out or Vol 3 OHC.

Some pictures:
XWs38Lx.jpg

GJXYgpz.jpg

VdmelN1.jpg

oNJZ8Ec.jpg

vIXO3Fg.jpg

wR5o6r8.jpg
That is going to look good on the shelf

frye

I don't think he'll revert back to his old ways. He seems to be tired of the hyper violence he helped perpetuate. Who knows though but the black protagonist has me interested.

Jupiter's Legacy has one issue that's almost all ultraviolence man

Hagi

Jupiter's Legacy has one issue that's almost all ultraviolence man

Issue 3 isn't that bad, especially coming from him. I was more referring to what I've read him say in the past year anyway, his attitude has certainly changed. I'd be surprised if we got something like Nemesis any-time soon.

VanWinkle

No slipcases...

No dust jackets...

YsFaEJz.png

Might as well go all digital.

Hahaha. I'm the kind of person that LOVES taking the books out and looking through them. I do it all the time. Usually to reference something. So for me the dust jacket and slipcases get in the way. Plus, I just don't have room in the shelf to have the books in the slipcases.

TheFlow

Banned
For anyone wondering what the special edition of Rachel rising omnibus will look like

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClkYO79UYAAQqia.jpg:large

If you miss this exclusive version, don’t worry, the retail hardcover version is coming in August. It will be the same 900 page interior with the iconic Issue One green and black cover. It will not have a print, it will not be signed and numbered. This retail version of the hardcover omnibus will be $75.
http://www.comicdom.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/rachel_rising_omnibus.jpg
A softcover version will follow in October with the same cover in red, not green. If you’ll remember, we did this for the original 1st and 2nd printings of Issue One. Price on the softcover omnibus has not been set yet, but it will be less than the retail hardcover.

edit:hory shit. did not know the pics would be so hugggggge. like damn.

kmfdmpig

That is a great series. One of my favorites in recent years. The companion series, Incrruptible, is not as ambitious, but is also very good. The two tie together but you can read either on their own without a problem.

Top Bottom