• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Just saw a dude in a Rite Aid with a squirrel on a leash. Squirrel Girl mania has gone too far

Looks like Solo, but shit I haven't seen him in a long ass time.

He's been around. He popped up in Peter David's X-Factor for an issue or two, and during Dark Reign. And of course in Deadpool's newest solo series.

I think the last time I enjoyed a Solo appearance was Revenge of the Sinister Six...so like 24 years ago? lol

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone know of any avatar-worthy panels w/ just Miles & Kamala in it together?

hoping for Miyazawa to draw a good one so i can get a new avatar off the ground... maybe one exists in Ms Marvel issues 2-8?

anyone know of any avatar-worthy panels w/ just Miles & Kamala in it together?

hoping for Miyazawa to draw a good one so i can get a new avatar off the ground... maybe one exists in Ms Marvel issues 2-8?

I looked through about a dozen issues and this was the best I could find. From ANAD Avengers #2.

q0uVSlJ.png

edit: ack sorry about the ugly line through Kamala's face. I'm not sure how to get around that.

Superior Foes or Hickman Avengers.

You decide.

Are we including New Avengers? If so, Hickman Avengers. If not, Superior Foes.

Boogiepop

Guys, Absolute Final Crisis should be the version of that to get still, right? Can't remember if it was somehow one of those ones where they later tweaked the content or something...

VanWinkle

Guys, Absolute Final Crisis should be the version of that to get still, right? Can't remember if it was somehow one of those ones where they later tweaked the content or something...

Absolute Final Crisis is the one to get if you're wanting to read Final Crisis.

VanWinkle

Will you be horribly upset to now find out that the new edition of the tpb and the digital edition both contain all of the extras from the Absolute? Because they do.

Oh, does it really? IST and Amazon listed it at 352 pages so I assumed it didn't have the extra content.

Just saw a dude in a Rite Aid with a squirrel on a leash. Squirrel Girl mania has gone too far

He's been around. He popped up in Peter David's X-Factor for an issue or two, and during Dark Reign. And of course in Deadpool's newest solo series.

I think the last time I enjoyed a Solo appearance was Revenge of the Sinister Six...so like 24 years ago? lol

Yeah I think that's the last time I saw him and I didn't really know who he was then.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I looked through about a dozen issues and this was the best I could find. From ANAD Avengers #2.

q0uVSlJ.png

edit: ack sorry about the ugly line through Kamala's face. I'm not sure how to get around that.

aw, thanks bud! appreciate the effort but im gonna keep on my hunt for the perfect picture.

had this BP avatar for too long to switch until it feels just right, ya know?

Boogiepop

Will you be horribly upset to now find out that the new edition of the tpb and the digital edition both contain all of the extras from the Absolute? Because they do.

Nah, it's cool. As long it's not inferior, then it's worth it for the nice, fancy format, as long as HamiltonBook comes through for me, as there price was pretty cheap. Still more expensive than the trade, but it's worth it in my mind.

aw, thanks bud! appreciate the effort but im gonna keep on my hunt for the perfect picture.

had this BP avatar for too long to switch until it feels just right, ya know?

No problem! Sorry I couldn't find anything better. You definitely need the perfect avatar if you're gonna drop that iconic one. :)

DirtyLarry

So my lifelong dream of being published in a comic has finally been achieved, and I do hope there is more to come.

Not sure how many of you have heard of or read Hip Hop Family Tree by Ed Piskor, but I was able to contribute to the Pinup Gallery for Volume 4 that I believe comes out in August.

I did De La Soul.
BgUb.jpg

AgUb.jpg

frye

So my lifelong dream of being published in a comic has finally been achieved, and I do hope there is more to come.

Not sure how many of you have heard of or read Hip Hop Family Tree by Ed Piskor, but I was able to contribute to the Pinup Gallery for Volume 4 that I believe comes out in August.

I did De La Soul.
http://i.picpar.com/BgUb.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.picpar.com/AgUb.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

that's dope company to be in man

Sandfox

I don't dislike Deadpool as a rule. Joe Kelly's doing god's work on Spider-Man & Deadpool, and his presence in newer issues of Uncanny Avengers is blissfully inoffensive compared to his debut on the team. But the whole "multiple Deadpools" plot was so lame I dropped his ANAD solo title almost immediately. And these guys are all D-listers for a reason. Solo is literally the not-Punisher. Fucking Madcap? Terrible. Slapstick had an interesting arc in Avengers Initiative but that's about the only good thing I can say for any of them.

The fact that they are front and center for the new wave of Marvel Now is heavily dampening my enthusiasm, and as I'm sure you all know by now I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Marvel Zombie.
The multiple Deadpool thing was only for the first arc.

I did De La Soul.
[IG]http://i.picpar.com/BgUb.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i.picpar.com/AgUb.jpg[/IMG]

This is awesome. Looks great. Did you pick De La Soul?

tim1138

I did De La Soul.
BgUb.jpg

AgUb.jpg

That's rad as hell man, congrats.

DirtyLarry

Thanks all! Much appreciated!
This is awesome. Looks great. Did you pick De La Soul?
I did. The creator Ed told me to give him my Top 5 and if they were not taken in previous volumes I could do them as long as no one else had claimed it for this one. Since I own the previous volumes myself I was able to check who had already been done, saw De La was available, put them as my #1, and luckily got them!

With the burning of their ID cards I doubt Kamala, Miles and Sam stick with the Avengers name. Something new or another legacy team name that hasn't been in use lately.

Sandfox

Why is Archie so bad with trades? The Archie and Jughead trades are more expensive than what the other companies are putting out while the Sonic and Mega Man situation is a mess.

I finished reading Vol. 7 of Astonishing X-Men, written by Daniel Way. I'll post my full review later, since I have to go to work soon. One thing that I have to ask: the volume collects issues #36-37, #39, and #41. Were #38 and #40 part of a crossover event at the time? Because otherwise I'm not sure why they wouldn't be collected.

EDIT: Apparently they are part of Vol. 8. That's extremely odd to me. Why would they be part of a successive storyline? Oh well, at least I don't have to bother going after a separate crossover trade.

VanWinkle

Why is Archie so bad with trades? The Archie and Jughead trades are more expensive than what the other companies are putting out while the Sonic and Mega Man situation is a mess.

Eh they're priced around the same as Marvel trades and they're nicer quality. The problem is that they don't get as big a discount on IST (30% instead of 42-45%).

Top Bottom