• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

shingi70

Banned
Man if Vanwrinkle receives his package before me :mad: it is on. It was supposed to be here yesterday.

edit
Jessica jones in the spotlight
marvel-teaser-new-10932.jpg

Who's the dude on top?

Looks like Solo to me.

There's a blast from the past.

edit: Oh I forgot, Solo is one of Deadpool's mercs. Man, I'm really not loving the focus on that team. I don't care about them at all.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
4 Kids walk into a bank is still awesome, if you haven't checked it out, you should really do so.

Black Panther still seems like it will read a lot better in trade, but it's still pretty good.

So Marvel Now is Deadpool centered?

Kay! Saved money! ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I don't dislike Deadpool as a rule. Joe Kelly's doing god's work on Spider-Man & Deadpool, and his presence in newer issues of Uncanny Avengers is blissfully inoffensive compared to his debut on the team. But the whole "multiple Deadpools" plot was so lame I dropped his ANAD solo title almost immediately. And these guys are all D-listers for a reason. Solo is literally the not-Punisher. Fucking Madcap? Terrible. Slapstick had an interesting arc in Avengers Initiative but that's about the only good thing I can say for any of them.

The fact that they are front and center for the new wave of Marvel Now is heavily dampening my enthusiasm, and as I'm sure you all know by now I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Marvel Zombie.

The explanation itself isn't Fixy, it's the tone employed to tell it. Tone has kinda been a problem in Spencer books before, and, in that context, with that character and these ideas at this time, it looks even worse.

Plus, just saying
"the sentient cosmic cube was secretly friend with the Red Skull"
makes any sort of thematic point kinda moot. Like, it reads like a refusal to go into something deeper about the nature of fascism itself, and, in those times, with the news happening lately, it would've been a conversation that I feel was worth having.

Can't argue with that.

Marvel v DC this week is like when Dunkin Donuts scheduled a massive sale the day Starbucks was closed for nationwide training.

A truly pathetic showing.

It's like an obsessive compulsive person put together DC's schedule and couldn't stand the thought of staggering the books a bit. Is this going to happen again in August?

TheFlow

Banned
Ya need to chill. DC got yah looking like crack heads.

The gaps will definitely close considering not even half of the rebirth books are out yet

TheFlow

Banned
Damn next month is stacked

birds of prey
nightwing
new superman
justice league
the hellblazer
HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS
RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS REBIRTH

shhhhhhhhhhhit I need that hellblazer in my veins.

Man, it seems like it's been forever since Velvet came out (it has). And 15 doesn't come out until the end of July?! Urrrrgh. I need more Velvet dammit.

Owzers

Why would you make a second Gunman book before i've read the first? I'm going to go play some Overwatch as Reaper to get in the mood.

Top Bottom