• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Sandfox

CmJW2XeWEAAJgau.jpg

PUZZLE WE FALL

So it looks like Kate Bishop and Elektra will have a role in Marvel Now. Gamora is in the poster as well lol.

VanWinkle

Doesn't it seem kind of soon to do another launch branding after ANAD? And confusing to name it the same thing as their 2012 relaunch?

Wow, I already got my Goon statue from Amazon. They must not be selling that well because I got #28/550. Lordy this thing is heavy!

It's actually a bit under 8" tall, but it's also pretty wide. It's got enough mass to justify the price, I think. AND IT'S HEAVY.

Nah, it's cool. As long it's not inferior, then it's worth it for the nice, fancy format, as long as HamiltonBook comes through for me, as there price was pretty cheap. Still more expensive than the trade, but it's worth it in my mind.

The print Absolute may or may not contain a jacket quote from me

diaspora

This week was disappointing, mostly because of the focus on Black Cat in Spider-Man and Silk (for obvious reasons) when I couldn't give less of a shit about what Black Cat's doing.

diaspora

Jesus fucking christ I am tired of Black Cat. You have other crime bosses, Marvel

The main issue is that it feels like she's running in circles. Building a syndicate, brainwashing and kidnapping civilians, stealing Parker Inc tech, fucking with the goblins... because Octavius knocked out a tooth.

I mean I'm not sure why Peter hasn't created something to counter the bad-luck powers yet tbh, maybe Miles' can do it I guess.

Sandfox

The main issue is that it feels like she's running in circles. Building a syndicate, brainwashing and kidnapping civilians, stealing Parker Inc tech, fucking with the goblins... because Octavius knocked out a tooth.

I mean I'm not sure why Peter hasn't created something to counter the bad-luck powers yet tbh, maybe Miles' can do it I guess.

I'm pretty sure her issue with Spider-Man is that
getting arrested caused everything she stole to be repossessed and all of her contacts cut her off and now she wants to build her standing in the criminal world back up as part of a plan to torture Peter. We'll see if they ever get back to that though lol

lazypants

COMICGAF, I need some advice. I just read Sandman by Neil Gaiman and it was absolutely amazing and revealed to me just how great comics can be. Now I'm thinking of starting with superheroes, but have no idea where to start since the universes are so massive. Any recommendations on where I should start? I'm thinking of getting Marvels and the Dark Knight Returns to start.

squadr0n

Has anyone here read the Warren Ellis James Bond Vargr yet? How is it? Kinda want to wait to pick it up when they have the full run collected or if there is a Comixology sale.

Zombine

Banned
Has anyone here read the Warren Ellis James Bond Vargr yet? How is it? Kinda want to wait to pick it up when they have the full run collected or if there is a Comixology sale.

It's freaking phenomenal.

COMICGAF, I need some advice. I just read Sandman by Neil Gaiman and it was absolutely amazing and revealed to me just how great comics can be. Now I'm thinking of starting with superheroes, but have no idea where to start since the universes are so massive. Any recommendations on where I should start? I'm thinking of getting Marvels and the Dark Knight Returns to start.

Hey! Welcome to the world of comics! Looks like you started at the top and are working your way down to the bottom. If you really enjoyed Sandman, why not stay in universe for a bit? There's a whole world of spinoffs and supplementary material that I'm sure you would enjoy. I would absolutely go back and start Lucifer by Mike Carey like right now.

If you really want to dig into the whole world of superheroes, Start with Watchmen by Alan Moore? It seems like it would be right up your alley. Let that be your gateway into DC.

If you want a really cool self contained story, Justice by Jim Kreuger is incredible. It gives you a taste of all that JLA goodness.

Check out some standalone stories and series. The ones you named are good examples.

A few books I would recommend to someone starting out are Hawkeye by Matt Fraction and Daredevil by Mark Waid. Very accessible and some of the best comics that Marvel has published over the past few years.

Since you've already gotten into Vertigo with Sandman, I'd highly recommend Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison. It's fantastic.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

I'm a few issues behind, but it's good. I recommend it to Bond fans.

ngower

I've been trying to read just about everything from DC Rebirth as well as The Vision, but the superhero stuff just isn't doing it for me. Picked up 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank after seeing some love in this thread and my god is this good.

DirtyLarry

I've been trying to read just about everything from DC Rebirth as well as The Vision, but the superhero stuff just isn't doing it for me. Picked up 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank after seeing some love in this thread and my god is this good.
Nice. Currently one of my favorites as far as new titles.

Why did they even bother releasing a Vision tpb when we know they're just going to release a single beautiful hardcover when the series is done?

tim1138

One of us, one of us
If you haven't already, get Matthew Rosenberg's first Black Mask book, We Can Never Go Home, as well.

TheFlow

Banned
Stray bullets.

Top Bottom