• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

TheFlow

Banned
Speaking of Young Justice - I watched the show recently and loved it (maybe even more than Justice League).

Are any of the comics worth checking out, assuming that they are still available?
Yea almost done with the first season.

Not sure about the comics.

Speaking of Young Justice - I watched the show recently and loved it (maybe even more than Justice League).

Are any of the comics worth checking out, assuming that they are still available?

The comic is nothing like the show, but it's mostly PAD being wacky and fun, so it's good.

The JLA/Young Justice crossover, World Without Grown-Ups, is great as a one-off story as well.

kmfdmpig

The comic is nothing like the show, but it's mostly PAD being wacky and fun, so it's good.

The JLA/Young Justice crossover, World Without Grown-Ups, is great as a one-off story as well.

Cool. Thanks! Young Justice, the show, did such a good job of building up characters while also having a great overarching story. It's a shame we never got a third season.

I'll try to check out the comics as I usually like PAD's work.

I'm conflicted whether I should pick up the pretty much the entirety of Snyder's Batman run on the CMX sale (about £31) or get the hardcovers for a total of about £72. Such a saving but I feel like the art deserveso be seen on the bigger HC format.

What to do?

Also should I pick up anything else from the Rebirth sale?

Well, once you buy it on CMX - that scales to whatever tablet you get. Maybe a used iPad Pro a couple of years down the line.

Or you could get the Absolute editions too...

TheFlow

Banned
I don't think the iPad screen is big enough at times. Maybe I can justify a iPad Pro purchase with my CMX savings!

Which TMNT comic should I pick up?
Ahh then nvm. I always read on my desktop. I even read manga on my tv screen sometimes. Try instock trades for a better price. Also don't forget court of owls had a absolute edition that is breathtaking(someone posted pics here)

Tmnt by idw the 2011 series is fucking amazing and lives up to all the cartoons.

I used to watch the 80s cartoon on vhs tape all the way to the new one on nick. So trust me when I say it is great.

You don't have to buy the micro series to follow the story but some of them are pretty cool and explain side characters.

The art changes up when you get close to issue 30 but bare with it because they change artist again.

And yea guys rebirth along with civil war is definitely going to boost the discussion here.

Ahh then nvm. I always read on my desktop. I even read manga on my tv screen sometimes. Try instock trades for a better price. Also don't forget court of owls had a absolute edition that is breathtaking(someone posted pics here)

Tmnt by idw the 2011 series is fucking amazing and lives up to all the cartoons.

I used to watch the 80s cartoon on vhs tape all the way to the new one on nick. So trust me when I say it is great.

You don't have to buy the micro series to follow the story but some of them are pretty cool and explain side characters.

The art changes up when you get close to issue 30 but bare with it because they change artist again.

And yea guys rebirth along with civil war is definitely going to boost the discussion here.

So good. Those micro series are another reason i want to stick to tmnt hardcovers. I love that they weave the micros into the run in recommended reading order.

TheFlow

Banned
So good. Those micro series are another reason i want to stick to tmnt hardcovers. I love that they weave the micros into the run in recommended reading order.
Oh fuck I didn't know they put them in. I read bad stuff about the physical quality of the books though(Amazon reviews)

Oh fuck I didn't know they put them in. I read bad stuff about the physical quality of the books though(Amazon reviews)

I saw some of those complaints on volume 1.

I don't know if it was just some printings, but i had no problem with mine. Great quality. Same with vol 2, but hopefully they've resolved the issue.

Unfortunately i waited for the hc of black science and read that is atrocious. Missing content in the margins between pages.

It really is fantastic. Every story arc is compelling with wonderful well-developed characters that you will care for. Lark's art is awesome and perfect for the tone of the book, and the stand-in artists do a respectable job of replicating that style. I myself want to get the omnibus really bad and will at some point, but, yeah, I highly recommend it.
Thanks, bought it. It does look like a book I'd enjoy.

TheFlow

Banned
I saw some of those complaints on volume 1.

I don't know if it was just some printings, but i had no problem with mine. Great quality. Same with vol 2, but hopefully they've resolved the issue.

Unfortunately i waited for the hc of black science and read that is atrocious. Missing content in the margins between pages.
Ah gotcha . Now I will have to go take a look at them

BlizzKrut

Banned
So you guys are telling me to go digital on comics, anything I can do to crave my physical need? It's just that holding the paper is really good.

The current IDW series is what you want. It's great!

Cool thanks. I'll take a look at the IDW series.

I don't think my old will let me get part of the Snyder run in absolute and the rest in smaller HCs. Is court of owls self contained?

Also 8 will start posting about comics I've read rather than what to buy. Just read the first volume of Outcast and hot Damn that was a good read.

Messi

I was reading a comic today in physical form and I had totally forgotten how many ads they have in them. Its kind of crazy. Digital having no ads is so good.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Were do you guys get those ads? Every comic I've read (Injustice, Civil War, Avengers Reloaded, X-Men vs Avengers) had pretty much no ads.

So you guys are telling me to go digital on comics, anything I can do to crave my physical need? It's just that holding the paper is really good.
Check out your local library. Also, maybe read most of your comics digitally and pick up very nice editions of comics you like (DC Absolutes, Image Deluxe Hardcovers, Dark Horse Library Editions, Marvel Oversized Hardcovers, etc)

Messi

Were do you guys get those ads? Every comic I've read (Injustice, Civil War, Avengers Reloaded, X-Men vs Avengers) had pretty much no ads.

Single issues? I can see Civil War 2 not having ads but regular issues like Harley Quinn or Silk have ads on so many pages.

There's was one point where DC cut pages in half to put in more ads. It can get really bad during monthly series from Marvel/DC.

Wondering if i should spend my gamestop power up points on exclusive variants of black panther and han solo #1s.

Still salty i missed batmanTMNT and dark souls #1 variants.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Slott has made ASM so dull

And having 3
random bystanders guess Regent's identity
...lel

Messi

I just checked. Gang of Harleys #2 has 13 pages of ads in a book of 32 (cover counting as a page and back as an ad)

tim1138

Wait, they added this to Comixology?!? Or are you joking?

LOL.

Fuck Comixology then. At least I dont have to wait x seconds before beeing able to skip an add.

spider-man-facepalm.jpg

Top Bottom